CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Miguel O'Hara
robert40
behindenemylines
weatheredxtown
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (7329)
Sindarius Thornwell (628)
BREAD (600)
Dress shirt help (412)
Best Child Acting Pe (379)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (255)
Well gameday just go (233)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (186)
South Carolina @ Aub (176)
Unsung Hero (139)
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
Burger Kings angry whoppe
Softball takes final game
BREAD
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Gamecocks in the Majors/M
boiled peanuts
Happy Birthday, Coach Spu

Old 09-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material
Default What to sell this item for? (parents, see inside)

Everyone, we have a playset in our backyard that was here whenever we moved into the house we purchased.

Thing is, we don't have kids. I also want the space, because it's beside my shop and I want to expand it with an awning for storage.

Ironically, a lady and her child from the neighborhood stopped by our home today- said they have been eyeing it since the house was up for sale and wants to purchase it.

Thing is...what is it worth? I can't tell how old it is...I am guessing 5-7 years? Wood seems to be in pretty shape although I am sure there is some moisture damage along the bottom braces that can be replaced.

What do you think I should sell it for?
Attached Images

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #2
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 98700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material
Default Re: What to sell this item for? (parents, see inside)

200 bucks and they demo and move it? Not real sure.
cockinraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:06 PM   #3
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #4
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

CockyCash: 22107959
Captain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot material

free to a good home
Old 09-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

We paid about600 for my daughters. It's a little bigger than that and was new. I'd say 250 but they need to move it.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #6
GoCocks09CSOL
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 239530
GoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his comb

As for a specific value, I can't really say, as I have no idea what a used set like that is worth. In any event, I'd err on the side of not charging too much if you're going to ask them to do the demo and hauling off of your property.

What if one of them got hurt on your property while taking it apart or hauling it away? That'd be a lot more of a headache than figuring out what to charge for the thing.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #7
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockinraleigh View Post
200 bucks and they demo and move it? Not real sure.
That was the first number in my head if they move it.

Where can I find these online?

Old 09-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #8
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107378315064
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Old 09-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #9
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1731774588
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

$200 if they do all the labor, think we paid 400 for one brand new in the box about 5 years ago, ours had 3 swings (ok two swings and a seesaw/swing thing) and a tarp type top
Old 09-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #10
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

I'd give it to them with the understanding they remove it completely in one day. You don't need the hassle of selling a used wooden play set to a neighbor just for a couple hundred $. As is.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #11
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

To be honest man, it doesn't look like much...no swings, slides or anything else a kid would play on. So I would say $200 but you may end up giving it away.

The problem with those things is once you build them, they're tough to move unless you take them apart. And then someone has to put it back together.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:29 PM   #12
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

I say sell it for $50 and offer free shipping to an address in SC that will be sent to you via PM.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #13
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
I say sell it for $50 and offer free shipping to an address in SC that will be sent to you via PM.
Ha! Shipping to SC is $3500 and I will give it to you for free!

Old 09-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #14
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
To be honest man, it doesn't look like much...no swings, slides or anything else a kid would play on. So I would say $200 but you may end up giving it away.

The problem with those things is once you build them, they're tough to move unless you take them apart. And then someone has to put it back together.
Hard to see in the photo, but it does have a slide on the far left of picture. Also, that section to the ride is for swings to be added...hooks are there for chains. It's also made of thick wood- not cheap stuff.

Again, I don't want to make a killing of this thing because I really want it gone...but at the same time, I think it is worth *something* maybe?

Who knows, maybe give it away especially if it's to a neighbor I will see often.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #15
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
Ha! Shipping to SC is $3500 and I will give it to you for free!

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #16
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

CockyCash: 22107959
Captain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCocks09CSOL View Post
As for a specific value, I can't really say, as I have no idea what a used set like that is worth. In any event, I'd err on the side of not charging too much if you're going to ask them to do the demo and hauling off of your property.

What if one of them got hurt on your property while taking it apart or hauling it away? That'd be a lot more of a headache than figuring out what to charge for the thing.
i was thinking about the liability too
Old 09-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #17
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 97950
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

I would give it away...it is for kids and you don't want it. Not saying you are being greedy, but if you don't want it, why not just make someone's day? It will come back to you many fold...

Regardless of what you do, I would make whoever takes it sign some kind of waiver freeing you of any potential liability for taking it apart as well as liability once it is re-assembled at its future site. If you charge for the structure, you may have some implied liability (not a lawyer but worth checking into). You could also have one hell of a bonfire?!
ShutTheSuccop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #18
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
Hard to see in the photo, but it does have a slide on the far left of picture. Also, that section to the ride is for swings to be added...hooks are there for chains. It's also made of thick wood- not cheap stuff.

In that case, put it on Craigslist for $250 and see if you get any takers. Can always lower your price later.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:44 PM   #19
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
I would give it away...it is for kids and you don't want it. Not saying you are being greedy, but if you don't want it, why not just make someone's day? It will come back to you many fold...

Regardless of what you do, I would make whoever takes it sign some kind of waiver freeing you of any potential liability for taking it apart as well as liability once it is re-assembled at its future site. If you charge for the structure, you may have some implied liability (not a lawyer but worth checking into). You could also have one hell of a bonfire?!
Good idea with the liability waiver.

As for the price, I was thinking in the $200-$300 range.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #20
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Had the exact same situation when I bought my last house. I just gave mine away to anyone that was willing to move it because I wanted it gone. I wouldn't ask over 100 for it personally, but that's just me.