CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
GSC2013
WeStillOwnUSC
18IsTheMan
Yearofthegamecock
GarnetSwarm1990
eightohhthree
robgusc76
ReadR00ster
b381l
AP Poll (1883)
The Refs (1814)
Richt asking the SEC (1727)
A tribute to the &qu (1480)
A UGA fans view of t (1380)
The CBS Sports Inter (1326)
Robin William's fake (1303)
ESPN is mad that USC (1230)
Defense Played Viole (1057)
The Road to Atlanta (987)
A tribute to the "th
ESPN is mad that USC beat
Stadium atmosphere
Richt asking the SEC for
Vandy, Missouri, Kentucky
Worse 1st and goal play:
A UGA fans view of the ga
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
"It just hurts, man!
Dylan Thompson has been n

Old 09-11-2013, 04:31 AM   #1
Cobb864
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cobb864 has hatched from the shell
Default Will Georgia drop 2 SEC games?

I'm just as upset about the loss to Georgia as everyone here. I mean, it literally... well... hurt.

This may have been brought up already, so forgive me if that is the case. If not, then let's talk about it or at least speak a little more about it here if deemed appropriate.

Let's just assume that South Carolina doesn't drop another one in the SEC.

(Which seems like it could be a true challenge, at some times.)

Georgia is going to have to lose two games, right?

1. Do you think they will lose just one? If so, to who?

2. Do you think they will lose two? If so, which two teams?

3. More than two?

4. Do they run the table?

5. Do you think we run the table?

As of now, I can only see them possibly losing to LSU. I guess that's the make or break there... if they don't lose that game then our shot at the East is over.

I just want to do to them, what they've done to us for so long now.

I'm pretty nervous after the last game, with weird feelings like Ark might be a trap and we will bury ourselves yet again.

But... it's just the start... and I don't give up that easy...

Realistically though, what do you guys think? Let's talk....
Cobb864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:40 AM   #2
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Will Georgia drop 2 SEC games?

I don't think we win out & I don't think they lose 2 SEC games unfortunately. Maybe 1 but not 2. I'll enjoy watching the offense move the ball though. They were exciting to watch.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:28 AM   #3
Mechanical Cock
Blue Chip

Male

Mechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudly

Why does everyone assume a mandatory UGA must drop 2? UGA only needs lose to UF and we need to take care of business the rest of the way in. It's Academic at this point, but i think the tie breaker system between the two or three way works out for us.

On the flip side...that means now Clemson is in the drivers seat determining the SEC east.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:38 AM   #4
Gamecocks4Life86
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanical Cock View Post
Why does everyone assume a mandatory UGA must drop 2? UGA only needs lose to UF and we need to take care of business the rest of the way in. It's Academic at this point, but i think the tie breaker system between the two or three way works out for us.

On the flip side...that means now Clemson is in the drivers seat determining the SEC east.
maybe im a bit confused now from reading your reply. As far as i know if UGA only loses to UF and our only SEC loss is from UGA then UGA takes it since they beat us.
Gamecocks4Life86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:42 AM   #5
Mechanical Cock
Blue Chip

Male

Mechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudly

But we beat UF...so I would say three way tie. Academic at this point. But the tie-breaker should then go to division record i think, which is even, then to out of conference record, which UGA and UF would have one additional loss (Clemson & Miami). Then the Clemson game becomes pivotal.

Obviously this early in the season there are lots of scenarios...one of which comes to a head if we don't beat Vandy this weekend.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:44 AM   #6
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:

A. TWO-TEAM TIE

1. Head-to-head competition between the two tied teams.
2. Records of the tied teams within the division.
3. Head-to-head competition vs. the team within the division with the best overall record (divisional and non-divisional) Conference record and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken from first to last.
4. Overall record vs. all common non-divisional opponents.
5. Combined record vs. all common non-divisional teams.
6. Record vs. common non-divisional team with the best overall Conference (divisional and non-divisional) record and proceeding through other common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish within their division.
7. The tied team with the highest ranking in the Bowl Championship Series Standings following the last weekend of regular-season games shall be the divisional representative in the SEC Championship Game.

B. THREE (OR MORE) TEAM TIE

1. (Once the tie has been reduced to two teams, go to the two-team tie-breaker format.)
2. Combined head-to-head record among the tied teams.
3. Record of the tied teams within the division.
4. Head-to-head competition vs. the team within the division with the best overall (divisional and non-divisional) Conference record and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken from first to last.
5. Overall record vs. non-division teams.
6. Combined record vs. all common non-divisional teams.
7. Record vs. common non-divisional team with the best overall Conference (divisional and non-divisional) record and proceeding through other common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish within their division.
8. The tied team with the highest ranking in the Bowl Championship Series Standings following the last weekend of regular-season games shall be the divisional representative in the SEC Championship Game, unless the second of the tied teams is ranked within five-or-fewer places of the highest ranked tied team. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the SEC Championship Game.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:24 AM   #7
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

I'm so confused. Clemson determining the east?

Bottom Line: Win out & hope UGA loses 2 SEC games. Our best chance is to have them lose to LSU at home, and Florida. Given a slight chance someone else in the east can pull an upset. (Vanderbilt,Tennessee,Mizzou)
Old 09-11-2013, 07:28 AM   #8
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Quote:

You are assuming that UF's only SEC loss will be to USC in this scenario. I just don't see that. Their offense is just bad right now. If they don't get better they may lose 4+ league games.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:38 AM   #9
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

Well I'm pullin for Florida until they play us then. The offense was bad, but if they can bounce back enough to take care of tennessee, vanderbilt, kentucky, mizzou, slide past UGA in a rivalry game. Who do they play between that? LSU at home or away? This is assuming they do all this but lose to us lol.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:39 AM   #10
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

No.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #11
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks4Life86 View Post
maybe im a bit confused now from reading your reply. As far as i know if UGA only loses to UF and our only SEC loss is from UGA then UGA takes it since they beat us.
Not if UF only has one SEC loss.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #12
mercjason
Loving being a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 400
mercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spurs

I certainly hope they drop 2 but I highly doubt it

"Cameron Newton is eligible at Auburn University. Period. End of story," Auburn coach Gene Chizik- Justice Served, Gene!
mercjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:57 AM   #13
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4524
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

If they continue to play the way they did on offense last Saturday the will be hard to beat. Defensively they aren't so hot, but of course all their players are the best in the country so with a little experience they should get better.
When I heard all the crap about "favorable schedules" this year I thought it was a load of crap. Yes we get UF and the taters at home, but we had to go to uga, and have to play at UT, Mizzou, Ark, and UCF, with a tough MSU and Vandy at home. Uga played at the taters (loss), had us at home and then a week off and another tune up scrimmage before playing an LSU team that is probably one of the worst in the past several years in Athens. They play at UT, Vandy, Auburn and GT, all very winnable while playing Mizzou, App St. and Ky at home with the annual UF game in Jacksonville thrown in. They had a few bumps (the taters in a season opening away game loss) but everything else is pretty much set up for them. I look for the to play Bama again in the SEC Championship game. I also predict an Oregon/uga NC game, although it will probably be Ohio State.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #14
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:

UGA needs to drop two. They hold the head to head tie-breaker with us even if we beat Florida.

SEC Championship game will be determined by the time we play Clemson. Clemson's impact would determine our final rankings and where we go BCS-wise moreso than anything.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #15
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Na

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #16
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Uga isn't unbeatable. It could happen, but so could us losing another road game... so, seems unlikely for now. Just got to hope our defense lives up to its potential for now.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:20 AM   #17
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

No. They may lose to LSU, but I dont see anyone else beating them.

Trailer Park Supervisor
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #18
cockywill09
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 647
cockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudly

No...we made our bed now we laying in the mofo
Old 09-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #19
justalilcocky
4-Star

Male

justalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his comb
Send a message via AIM to justalilcocky

I don't think UGA drops two conference games the rest of the way...HOWEVER, I think a legitimate question that can be asked about UGA is this...Are they really as good as they played against South Carolina? Clearly, South Carolina was a good football team last year, but we played above our heads when we smacked UGA last year. I think its a legit question to ask about the Dawgs this year. Like I said, I don't think they lose two. I think LSU could give them a loss but I don't really see them losing again after that. But you never can say for sure...Saturday could have been UGA's best performance of the season and it could be downhill for them. Never know.
justalilcocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #20
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

They lose to LSU & Florida