CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
johnnyb
Cockhornleghorn
GamecockMomSC
2000grad
markymark550
Regalcock
ZenUSC
We Have to Pass (2099)
Rivalry Thoughts and (1526)
Spurrier weekly pres (1407)
This would be awesom (928)
How is Shaq Davidson (754)
McConaughey cast as (498)
Perspective on our g (485)
SEC referees? (339)
Defense and offense (336)
Black Friday Hard Co (278)
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Currently 2nd in attendan
Interesting stat
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Why has there been 40 yea
We Have to Pass
SEC referees?
RG3 - Struggles Not Getti
2015 - Darius Slayton
College Football PSA (urg

Old 09-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
copperbeech69
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 349
copperbeech69 has hatched from the shell
Default Shamir Jeffrey

Where the heck is this guy? Why has he not seen any pt thus far? From all the spring/summer articles I read he was supposed to come around and have a pretty solid season.
copperbeech69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #2
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Shamir Jeffrey

Nobody knows...
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #3
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Probably hanging out with Rico McWilliams
Old 09-11-2013, 05:00 PM   #4
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

On a milk carton.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #5
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Wouldn't be surprised to see him transfer out. Thinking he was supposed to be a better athelete, although not a better WR, coming out of HS than his older brother
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #6
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

He's now third on the depth chart....I don't know why. He was getting a lot of praise from Jr and the other coaches this summer.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #7
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Wouldn't be surprised to see him transfer out. Thinking he was supposed to be a better athelete, although not a better WR, coming out of HS than his older brother
'

Doesn't have the athleticism or work ethic of his brother. Junior has said many times he has his brothers hands but has not worked hard enough in other areas.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #8
Danmcc3
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 800
Danmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talons

Does he know how to play defense?
Danmcc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #9
Harry Tuttle
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000600
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danmcc3 View Post
...FOR REAL
Harry Tuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #10
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
He's now third on the depth chart....I don't know why. He was getting a lot of praise from Jr and the other coaches this summer.
I swear it seems like every year we have a player or two who is the recipient of the coaches' praise who rarely, if ever, receives playing time during the season. It seems as though Jeffery is the player who gets that distinction this year. Then again, Thompson is probably the heavy favorite seeing as Spurrier said multiple times during the offseason how Thompson would play a good bit, yet he has played ONE snap this year, and Spurrier didn't even mean for that to happen.

I sure do wish these players who apparently do well enough to earn praise would get some opportunities to show people other than the coaches what they can do. I remember hearing so much about Adams last year, yet he was essentially an unseen player for the whole season, save a handful of catches.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #11
Herbie3
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 13641
Herbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danmcc3 View Post
We're deep at WR, but he'll play this year. He lost like 20lbs, SOS talked very highly of him during fall camp.
Herbie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #12
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Jeffery isn't the only one. I mean there are several other players that have been very quiet so far this year, like:

Adams
Owens
Busta
Rainey
Byrd
Bruce
Fuller
Smith
Dixon
Dukes
Diggs
Elder

However, I do believe some of these guys may not be 100% and some are just RS FR. But what's really crazy is we don't even have a #1 or #2 receiver, I know Nicky has been stepping it, but I don't know if he will stay consistent. You would think some of these guys would be doing everything they can to get into the rotation. I'm not sure what's going at receiver and even at TE, but I hope someone steps up soon.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #13
cockyjordan3
Wofford Terrier

Male

CockyCash: 392442
cockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot material

He played some in the NC game

cockyjordan3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #14
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

As for WRs, I read this today: "Through two games, Nick Jones and Shaq Roland have combined for 241 yards, but the rest of the receivers have just 90 yards combined"
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #15
KaneisAble
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
Jeffery isn't the only one. I mean there are several other players that have been very quiet so far this year, like:

Adams
Owens
Busta
Rainey
Byrd
Bruce
Fuller
Smith
Dixon
Dukes
Diggs
Elder

However, I do believe some of these guys may not be 100% and some are just RS FR. But what's really crazy is we don't even have a #1 or #2 receiver, I know Nicky has been stepping it, but I don't know if he will stay consistent. You would think some of these guys would be doing everything they can to get into the rotation. I'm not sure what's going at receiver and even at TE, but I hope someone steps up soon.
It seems as if most of the passes have gone in the direction of Kane or Nick Jones. (maybe Roland, but he should've been more involved in week 2).

Adams - hobbled, played limited in 1st game. Would love to see all TEs more involved in game plan
Owens - yeah, not sure
Busta - didn't play week 1, dropped an easy TD in week 2
Rainey - No idea
Byrd - Few catches, but can't block as well as others
Bruce - barely played week 1, was very involved in week 2
Fuller - no idea
Smith
Dixon
Dukes
Diggs
Elder - w/ you on all of these.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #16
Wardkd2012
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 393
Wardkd2012 has hatched from the shell

Nick Jones is definitely going to be this year's Ace Sanders. The guy plays his heart out every time he steps onto the field. It would be nice to have another receiver step up. Shaq didn't show up until the 4th quarter. But like I've said on previous threads, the offense isn't my concern. Would love to see Shamier get involved with our offense and see what he can do.
Wardkd2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #17
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post

Adams
Owens
Busta
Rainey
Byrd
Bruce
Fuller
Smith
Dixon
Dukes
Diggs
Elder

Elder is a redshirt freshman safety, playing behind one of the guys who started nearly (or did) every game last season - Williams.

Diggs has played a good bit in the first two games.

Dukes has played a decent amount in the first two games.

Dixon (92) has definitely played.
Dixon (44) is backing up Chaz Sutton, and has played. But GD44 hasn't progressed nearly as fast as GD92 has due to injuries.

Kwinton Smith hasn't played that I know of.

Jody Fuller hasn't played that I know of.

Byrd has definitely played a good bit.

Out of those 4 TE, wasn't Busta hurt week 1? I don't know how many times you're going to see the 3rd team TE play a bunch.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #18
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

KJ Brent
Old 09-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #19
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Fuller didn't even make the trip to Athens
Old 09-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #20
Spurminator
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 550
Spurminator is sharpening his clawsSpurminator is sharpening his clawsSpurminator is sharpening his clawsSpurminator is sharpening his claws

no milk cartons..would find people quicker on beer bottles

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
Spurminator is offline   Reply With Quote