CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GarnetSwarm1990
Gamecocks1137
kingofnerf
NinjaSven
Jim Lahey
Storm Of Spurs
roosterdude21
Sandstorm29
wincocks84
jonesz2
Marquavius Lewis (2609)
So, why is next year (2445)
How Long Will The Re (1621)
Why do so many of yo (1163)
Restaurant musts in (1161)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (864)
Shot in the arm for (852)
Custom Jersey (463)
5 Gourmet Foods That (325)
Abu Bowl Ready (256)
Nosovitch/bowl/ question.
The Vent and Coaching cha
Previewing Clemson
2016 - Jordan Giberti
looks like we have 2 OL r
How Long Will The Rebuild
Marquavius Lewis
2015 Signee - Sherrod Pit
Why do so many of you guy
Frank Martin's Game has b

Old 09-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default Bryant to spur

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2013/09/1...rcus-will.html

I like the move of Bryant to Spur. His film reminded me a lot of Antonio Allen.
My only question is, if he is buried on the chart at LB, isn't he also going to be buried at Spur behind Golightly and Diggs....or is he just that good he just jumped Diggs?

Also, Marcus is starting, Hampton will play, Cooper will play.

Hopefully will have a better defensive showing..I think having Marcus out their helped against UNC, and I'm excited to finally see what Cooper can do.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Bryant to spur

I like a 2 Deep of:

Hampton
Christian

Legree
Smith/McWilliams

Roberts
Moore

Lewis
Holloman

Golightly
Diggs/Bryant

Marcus
Gurley

Brison
Elder
Old 09-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

I heard this on tonights sports show in Charleston. They also said that Clowney has bone spurs in his feet. There were no other clarifications on JD's condition or play time.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Yea Clowney has the same foot injury as last year. Not good.

Ward said Bryant will see time at Spur so he's not buried on the depth chart. Must not like what they are seeing from Diggs. They've already tried Fleetwood and Moody at Spur.

Glad Marcus is getting the start. I don't think Gurley is 100% yet
Old 09-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #5
PageUSC

Male

PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Ward also said true freshman Walton may get some playing time at MLB.

Also said that at times Golightly and Diggs weren't big enough to cover TEs and stop the run. I guess they like Bryant's size and athleticism
Old 09-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #6
KaneisAble
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

What happened to Fleetwood?
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #7
PageUSC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
What happened to Fleetwood?
I'm assuming he's still at Spur.

Moody moved back to S after Marcus got hurt. I guess he's still there too
Old 09-12-2013, 07:40 PM   #8
bhs04
high motor

Male

bhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
I like a 2 Deep of:

Hampton
Christian

Legree
Smith/McWilliams

Roberts
Moore

Lewis
Holloman

Golightly
Diggs/Bryant

Marcus
Gurley

Brison
Elder
Cooper will take over in Roberts spot.

Fleetwood hasn't gotten back to his old self before the injury yet.

Diggs played a lot in the second Half of Uga. I don't think they liked the way that golightly was able to play the run.

A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS.
bhs04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #9
bhs04
high motor

Male

bhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his comb

Damn. Mixed up fleet wood and McWilliams.

A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS.
bhs04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #10
The Gamecock Outlaw
Glutton For Punishment

Male

The Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot material

I think we need to stand Clowney up some in the LB position. Just to mix things up a little bit. Let that big boy get a standing running start at the QB straight up the gut!
The Gamecock Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:53 PM   #11
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
Yea Clowney has the same foot injury as last year. Not good.

Ward said Bryant will see time at Spur so he's not buried on the depth chart. Must not like what they are seeing from Diggs. They've already tried Fleetwood and Moody at Spur.

Glad Marcus is getting the start. I don't think Gurley is 100% yet
Spur is a most celebral of positions. Ferocity and brains. You need to have a patient hunter in that position.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #12
kabercr2
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 900000
kabercr2 is developing his combkabercr2 is developing his combkabercr2 is developing his combkabercr2 is developing his combkabercr2 is developing his combkabercr2 is developing his combkabercr2 is developing his combkabercr2 is developing his comb

I believe that Walton, Moore, and Bryant on the field would definitely by our most talented grouping on the field, the downside is that would also be the youngest. Hey, you got to get some experience sometime though.
kabercr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:14 PM   #13
PageUSC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabercr2 View Post
I believe that Walton, Moore, and Bryant on the field would definitely by our most talented grouping on the field, the downside is that would also be the youngest. Hey, you got to get some experience sometime though.
Kaiwan and a healthy Cooper would be our best tandem at LB right now, but they rotate Moore, Roberts, And Holloman in

At Spur I think Golightly and Diggs are ok just not great against the run
Old 09-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #14
johnmcclane
my wife is awesome

Male

CockyCash: 100500
johnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot material

Quote:
Kaiwan and a healthy Cooper would be our best tandem at LB right now, but they rotate Moore, Roberts, And Holloman in

our LBs, and especially spurs, just COULD NOT shed a block
Old 09-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #15
kabercr2
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 900000
kabercr2 is developing his combkabercr2 is developing his combkabercr2 is developing his combkabercr2 is developing his combkabercr2 is developing his combkabercr2 is developing his combkabercr2 is developing his combkabercr2 is developing his comb

Quote:

I'm not quite sold on Lewis, and Cooper going to have to prove he can stay healthy for us to see what he's got.
kabercr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #16
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Bryant is a true freshman, it's okay if he gets buried.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #17
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Though this will probably start some "So you're smarter than the coaches?" debate, I've thought it was obvious from way back that Bryant was tailor-made for the spur position.
Golightly is, unfortunately, a bad combo of being smallish without good speed, coverage skills or tackling ability.
Diggs seems to have more potential, but hasn't put it together yet.
The Spur position being played at a high level is a key for this D, and will likely limit how good the defense is this year.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #18
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Clowney has bone spurs in his feet
Seriously, apparently UA needs to do something about their athletic footwear.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #19
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

So is Cooper starting this week?
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #20
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Quote:
Ward also said true freshman Walton may get some playing time at MLB.

Also said that at times Golightly and Diggs weren't big enough to cover TEs and stop the run. I guess they like Bryant's size and athleticism
Word.