CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
ertman420
spareparts
Ericvol2096
usc90grad
MWard
ESPN article on Clow (1065)
Clemson Georgia Game (834)
Mangus now coaching (716)
Can Tennessee get to (523)
Chick Redefines the (314)
Spread vs. aTm (263)
The Bama series (254)
Truly Inspiring (226)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (218)
2 Crazy things (196)
Worse Hire Brad Scott or
2 Crazy things
The Bama series
2016 - Issac Nauta
2015 - Davon Durant
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Mangus now coaching TEs
2015 - Taj Griffin
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM

Old 09-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #1
garnetchicken
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 550
garnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot material
Default Does Vandy QB play?

http://www.anchorofgold.com/2013/9/1...-trial-scandal

Quote:
UPDATE 3: Boyd wasn't alone when he carried the victim back to bed. Quarterback Austyn Carta-Samuels and tight end Dillon van der Wal were there as well. Boyd met later with the players involved to discuss the incident.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #2
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Does Vandy QB play?

Of course he does. They are giving boyd a reduced charge and he may play against us according to the article. Although i doubt they let boyd play for awhile.

I find it interesting that the other guy was named dillion van der wal. Was it a van der wal who supposedly abducted that girl in Bermuda or wherever?
Old 09-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #3
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...sory-rape-case

i have a feeling boyd wont play against us
Old 09-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #4
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Nevermind me. That was van der sloat or something.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:13 PM   #5
Xnex
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Xnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
Of course he does. They are giving boyd a reduced charge and he may play against us according to the article. Although i doubt they let boyd play for awhile.

I find it interesting that the other guy was named dillion van der wal. Was it a van der wal who supposedly abducted that girl in Bermuda or wherever?
No, that was Van Der Sloot. Not sure about the exact spelling but that name sounds like it would be spelled that way. Van Der Sloot is in prison now for murdering a different young lady in his hotel room a few years ago.
Xnex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:14 PM   #6
garnetchicken
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 550
garnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Nevermind me. That was van der sloat or something.
Yeah the Aruba mess was Van Der Sloot.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #7
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

I think the title of this thread is a good question. The starting Vandy QB is Quarterback Austyn Carta-Samuels. Boyd alleges he helped carry the alleged rape victim back to the alleged rapists' room. That is a pretty serious allegation that might warrant accessory charges against him, but the prosecutor says none are planed to be brought at this time.

Doesn't sound like Franklin is going to issue any discipline against his starting QB. My guess is that he will play in our game but might get suspended later if the national media turns up the pressure.

Quote:
Asked if Carta-Samuels and Dillon Van der Wal would still be playing tomorrow, Franklin replied: “All the statements have been made from the university at this time.”

Shaq Attack

Last edited by yazoo; 09-13-2013 at 02:07 PM.
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:36 PM   #8
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 25308312
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

Quote:
The starting Vandy QB is Quarterback Austyn Carta-Samuels. Boyd alleges he helped carry the rape victim back to the rapists' room.
Then let's hope Clowney has his way with him.
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #9
rngd86
Banned

Male

rngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.101 View Post
Then let's hope Clowney has his way with him.
Or at least plays an entire series.
rngd86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #10
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

I know Clowney needs to get his ASS rolling!
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #11
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Franklins a shady dude. Unless they are charged I doubt he sits them.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #12
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
Franklins a shady dude. Unless they are charged I doubt he sits them.
Look at it from Franklin's perspective: his career is on the line, he pretty much needs his QB.

He doesn't have any proof that the QB knew he was really doing something wrong. Of course I personally believe the QB should be punished for participating in what went down, but without any real details, how can I say for sure he deserves it?

I think Franklin is between a rock and hard place. What do you did you really expect him to do?
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #13
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:

That was Van Der Sloot.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #14
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
Look at it from Franklin's perspective: his career is on the line, he pretty much needs his QB.

He doesn't have any proof that the QB knew he was really doing something wrong. Of course I personally believe the QB should be punished for participating in what went down, but without any real details, how can I say for sure he deserves it?

I think Franklin is between a rock and hard place. What do you did you really expect him to do?
The outcry about it may overshadow him. The Vandy Administration may take action on it if the national public outcry increases. Keep in mind, that it looks like the Vandy QB and some other dudes picked up an unconscious woman and brought her back to the room of a guy that at least one of the three knew had sent video of a rape. The situation could spin out beyond Franklin's control.

Certainly, the VAndy QB actions that night make the MORON controversy the media is currently blowing up, seem relatively trivial.

Shaq Attack
Old 09-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #15
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
The outcry about it may overshadow him. The Vandy Administration may take action on it if the national public outcry increases. Keep in mind, that it looks like the Vandy QB and some other dudes picked up an unconscious woman and brought her back to the room of a guy that at least one of the three knew had sent video of a rape. The situation could spin out beyond Franklin's control.

Certainly, the VAndy QB actions that night make the MORON controversy the media is currently blowing up, seem relatively trivial.
I have noticed that some people are already starting to ask questions on twitter. A lot of "why is the Vandy QB allowed to play" kind of stuff? On twitter, it doesn't take long for the pressure to start building up. If just one reporter or columnists asks the question, then it will take off.

Here are some examples in just the past hour or so. If these start getting re-tweeted, it will be an issue for Vanderbilt. These are just two, but they are starting to grow. I posted these two because they both come from local writers/reporters in Tenn.

Russell Smith ‏@RussellWKVL 2h
Wow...Boyd got off pretty light I'd say...Also Why is Carta Samuels still playing. He helped move the victim!

Mike Byrd ‏@micchiato 2h
Still playing?! "#Vandy QB Austyn Carta Samuels & TE Dillon van der Wal helped move the alleged rape victim"
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #16
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons

He should sit until he is cleared... Period!!
Old 09-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #17
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5661799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody7687 View Post
He should sit until he is cleared... Period!!
Yep. NCAA football is not a right. Due process does not apply. There is no doubt that a crime happened and all implicated should not play until they have been cleared. If there was a supposed crime but not known for sure I would say play but because the crime is not in question just whose involvement I say sit
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:38 PM   #18
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Franklin and Vanderbilt have the ability to roll the dice here. Is it worth the risk? It would be a big win, but what if he plays and we still blow them out? I think they play him and keep playing him until he actually get's charged. The only way this situation could be worse for them is if their starting QB doesn't get to play. Either way there is no salvaging how bad this looks. The ship has sailed might as well the roll the dice because it can't be much worse.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #19
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5661799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Think it is telling when another school removes one of if not their best players from the team because he pleaded not guilty and now a person has taken a plea deal and will testify. Yet Vanderbilt allows this guy to play.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #20
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Franklin and Vanderbilt have the ability to roll the dice here. Is it worth the risk? It would be a big win, but what if he plays and we still blow them out? I think they play him and keep playing him until he actually get's charged. The only way this situation could be worse for them is if their starting QB doesn't get to play. Either way there is no salvaging how bad this looks. The ship has sailed might as well the roll the dice because it can't be much worse.
The prosecutor already said that he has no plans to charge anyone else. Boyd was charged (probably) because he deleted the video (destroyed evidence) and advised the dude that sent it to do the same. He also was interviewed and was initially deceptive with the police. That tends to piss off the State.

There is no indication the Vandy QB and TE lied to the police or advised destruction of evidence (boyd). Thus, no charges are likely to be brought.

That will not stop the media from asking about it. It was not a morally right thing to do and the scrutiny will continue most probably. I don't think the Vandy starting QB is going to skate with the media now that this is out. In fact, it will probably be blown way out of proportion.

Shaq Attack