CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
l^l^lBGCock
WeStillOwnUSC
Badazcock
gamecockgal
Gamecocks1137
Yearofthegamecock
Order 66
ccured
Regalcock
roosterdude21
Boo This Man... (1166)
Gameday in Columbia (973)
**USC vs. Vanderbilt (902)
georgia rewind... (844)
Stadium improvement (686)
Doniyah Cliney to si (619)
Why we'll dominate C (478)
Lammons out (393)
Where to Watch the G (368)
UGA is running over (276)
**USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME
Why is hope solo still pl
Search Snacks
Gameday in Columbia
Stay focus
Stadium improvement idea
Where to Watch the Game i
Name a Gamecock
2016 - Jamie Skalski
Why we'll dominate Clemso

Old 09-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material
Default Mike Davis

... is going to go off tonight. This will be his breakout game where he proves he is capable of 20 touches. Dude is a monster and becoming my personal fav on this years team. How he runs is scary. So aggressive... so angry
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 0
jrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPit
Default Mike Davis

I think had the outcome of the uga game had been a positive one, that would have been considered his "breakout" game
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit
Default Re: Mike Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post
I think had the outcome of the uga game had been a positive one, that would have been considered his "breakout" game
if we had won that game he would be a heisman contender right now.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material
Wink Re: Mike Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
if we had won that game he would be a heisman contender right now.
Very true. If he continues to dominate we will here Heisman before he leaves. He has speed, vision and can catch. His balance is unbelievable.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:05 PM   #5
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
Yeah, I'ld say, Gurley is considered by many the best RB in the nation, and Davis doubled his YPC and total yards on far less carries.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:09 PM   #6
The Octopus
Recruit

Male

The Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervous

funny. i have the complete opposite feeling. i'm hoping that they limit his carries until the 3 game road stretch. i'd hate to get him dinged up before then. can't over look games, but still. i kinda want to put him in a bubble right now.
The Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:09 PM   #7
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 0
jrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPit
Default Mike Davis

I think 146 yards are the most that any Gamecock running back has had against Vandy; if that is true, I say that record falls tonight!!!
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #8
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
I think 146 yards are the most that any Gamecock running back has had against Vandy; if that is true, I say that record falls tonight!!!
Davis, and Wilds oughtta be able to do some real work against Vandy, Carson too if he gets any touches.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #9
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

I don't wanna see any RB get 20 touches per game, too rough a position for that.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:17 PM   #10
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMorrisonLives View Post
I don't wanna see any RB get 20 touches per game, too rough a position for that.
Tell that to Marcus Lattimore...if the RB can carry the load, let him carry it.
lilhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #11
TroubleCock
Blue Chip

Male

TroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his comb

Quote:
What kinda punk rb's have you been watchin? Not SEC caliber thats for sure.
TroubleCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #12
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Got a feeling that Mike's first couple of games have now gotten the attention
of our opponents. If that's true, they are going to have to scheme
defensively to stop him first... That should make Shaw a much
more dangerous threat to break some long runs off of the Read Option.
Look for Connor to have a big game numbers wise because if the above
is true, it'll make the play action a much more viable threat too.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #13
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Latti was handling 30-40 touches in some games. That's why you have depth at RB.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:04 PM   #14
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I hope he gets about 15. There is no need for him to "carry the load." We have too many good backs. Keeps his legs fresh so he can pull off those long runs.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:47 PM   #15
LattiMostImproved
All SEC Armchair QB

Male

LattiMostImproved has hatched from the shell

Any updates on his ankle?
LattiMostImproved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:51 PM   #16
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Mike Davis

I heard Mike didn't have any shoes on during the post game presser.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:16 AM   #17
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Davis was really shifty tonight. He made a number of good runs when stuffed in the hole.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:19 AM   #18
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

This guy is a big time gamer. Fastly becoming one of my favorites, because he never ever gives up on a run.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:24 AM   #19
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I hope he gets about 15. There is no need for him to "carry the load." We have too many good backs. Keeps his legs fresh so he can pull off those long runs.
We have 2 with experience.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:41 AM   #20
cocksmith1or11
Zone Reader

Male

CockyCash: 750
cocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot material

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread....ike+Davis+love

Don't say I didn't tell you so.

cocksmith1or11 is offline   Reply With Quote