CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
IBleedGarnetandBlack
The Yancey
peterlemon
18IsTheMan
bcolinc
zcoop
Spurticus
Kyle76
b381l
The Demise of the 3- (2399)
East Carolina Predic (1621)
Why didn't Wes Green (1325)
A&M on 3rd down (691)
You guys are horribl (628)
Finally Cooled Off (580)
louisville (518)
Did we ever go after (517)
It's the offenses no (438)
Watching the Georgia (254)
2015 - Amonte Caban
All of our defensive play
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
A&M on 3rd down
The Demise of the 3-4
Finally Cooled Off
Uniform thread
Recruiting Question
louisville
Watching the Georgia game

Old 09-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #1
SteveWalsh4Canes
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
SteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudly
Default Clowney says surgery can wait, some doctors disagree...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...surgery-season

This is the LAST thing we needed. Regardless of whether or not he waits (which apparently/obviously is the plan), we can rest assured that Clowney is going to be a fraction of his formerly fearsome self for the balance of the season.

SteveWalsh4Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #2
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clowney says surgery can wait, some doctors disagree...

You're about 4 hours too late on this one, Steve.
http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=197591

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #3
SteveWalsh4Canes
Banned

Male

SteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudly

DAMNIT, I WAS still making sweet, sweet love to my pillow at 5 am!!!! How in the hell am I supposed to post a story at that ungodly hour on a sunday when my pillow is still giving me those "come hither big boy and show me what you got!" eyes??!!!!
Old 09-15-2013, 09:42 AM   #4
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Nowhere in that article does it say doctors disagree.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #5
SteveWalsh4Canes
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
Nowhere in that article does it say doctors disagree.
An MD quoted in ESPN Insider went on record as stating that Clowney should take care of it now, rather than continuing to play. He said that it would only serve to further aggravate the condition and that surgery was the only thing which would alleviate the pain and discomfort. Without it, the pain which he is experiencing is only going to grow worse, game by game and play by play. I can't quote or link the article since it is an Insider Pay article.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #6
Wagz
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Wagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervous

Played with the same injury last year and played better late in the year...
Wagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #7
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveWalsh4Canes View Post
DAMNIT, I WAS still making sweet, sweet love to my pillow at 5 am!!!! How in the hell am I supposed to post a story at that ungodly hour on a sunday when my pillow is still giving me those "come hither big boy and show me what you got!" eyes??!!!!
I'm going to give you rep for this post. First, because you didn't get defensive the way some people do, and second, because it was really, really funny.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #8
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

Quote:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...surgery-season

This is the LAST thing we needed. Regardless of whether or not he waits (which apparently/obviously is the plan), we can rest assured that Clowney is going to be a fraction of his formerly fearsome self for the balance of the season.

I still like Clowney's fraction so far this year. 4 tackles one sack and a forced fumble on this game. Also, the report is that 2 games in last year he had 6 tackles and one sack. This year, 2 games in, he had 6 tackles and one sack.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #9
SteveWalsh4Canes
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
I'm going to give you rep for this post. First, because you didn't get defensive the way some people do, and second, because it was really, really funny.
^^thanks, chief. I appreciate it. I often hold my pillow close, pretending it is a cockytalk hottie.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #10
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
False.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #11
SteveWalsh4Canes
Banned

Male

you got a beef with me, Cock Aid?! >:(
Old 09-15-2013, 10:26 PM   #12
USC843
Recruit

Male

USC843 has feathers coming inUSC843 has feathers coming in

How long would it take to recover from with a surgery like this?
USC843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:35 PM   #13
SwampFox
1st Team All-American

Male

SwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot material

Not having seen his x-rays, I can't really comment on what he should do. Maybe the spurs can be treated with cortisone injections to get him through. I can say that I have a few myself that look hideous on the x-ray, but so far are not a problem unless they get stepped on. When that happens, I see stars for a while!

Scotland Forever

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...eum/index.html
SwampFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #14
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
False.
Agreed. Steve is by far the worst troll bc he won't admit to it and he thinks stuff is funny when it is clearly not.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #15
Harry Tuttle
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

250+ lbs and running track...can you imagine the impacts on his foot that caused those bone spurs to form? Also, when asked how he gains weight he said PB sandwiches and when asked how he got so big he said Mcdonalds... Dude needs a nutritionist. An NFL team will have him one. Just wait and see what he looks like in 2 years and what he's capable of.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:46 PM   #16
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
you got a beef with me, Cock Aid?! >:(
Nope. I just didn't find that funny.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:03 PM   #17
uscandy
4-Star

Male

uscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his claws

He should've taken care of it right after the bowl game. It seems like I remember him having that option, but decided against it.
uscandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #18
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

The doctors who disagree are the team physicians of the other SEC teams we have yet to play this year - except the ones paid on a fee-for-service basis.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:28 PM   #19
Herbie3
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 13641
Herbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot material

Don't all Gamecocks have Spurs?
Herbie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:29 PM   #20
pparker
Recruit

Male

pparker has feathers coming inpparker has feathers coming in

All fan feelings aside if Clowney needs the surgery for his well being then he needs to get the surgery. The guys health comes first for me

Fighting Gamecocks ALL THE WAY!!!!
pparker is offline   Reply With Quote