CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
yazoo
b381l
The Yancey
GoldenSpur7
StormOfTalons
donbgamecock
JerseyBird
IslandCock
WeStillOwnUSC
COCKYTALKIN
OBC banner being add (2660)
Ward wants us to pla (1812)
Who scores the first (1524)
I'm not buying the h (1306)
Tanner McEvoy Starti (1104)
SL,UT Gamecocks (1089)
Howdy! - Tailgating (592)
If you don't think o (475)
Greetings from ECU F (397)
Nice Article With Ke (371)
New Sign at Williams Bric
I'm not buying the hype,
Official SEC Network and
SHOULD GAMECOCK PLAYERS B
Tanner McEvoy Starting QB
Ward wants us to play fas
Who scores the first touc
SL,UT Gamecocks
Davis Playing in A&M
Game at Rendezvous

Old 09-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #1
unccgamecock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
unccgamecock has earned his spursunccgamecock has earned his spursunccgamecock has earned his spursunccgamecock has earned his spursunccgamecock has earned his spursunccgamecock has earned his spurs
Default "Crap" Aside... We looked good

First 4 drives were awesome. This is the kind of offense that we've been capable of and we're putting it on.

The D looked great the first quarter, they're coming around.

If we can learn to go for the jugular then we'll be in good shape. So far we're improving week by week and I guarantee we'll be ready for UCF and we'll put on a show.

They beat PSU? Cool lol

Also Connor and Dylan looked AWESOME! Sloppy 2nd half but if mistakes can be limited, we're gonna be very good.
unccgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
4Runner
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 225
4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: "Crap" Aside... We looked good

Yeah. Team sport and we gave Vandy a couple of short fields. D was much better. People are crying the sky is falling is getting old. We still have work to do but winning out isn't out of the question.
4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #3
GARNETLIFER
Walk On

Male

GARNETLIFER has hatched from the shell

I think the biggest thing about this game to me was the way the team handled the adversity in the 4th. Vandy obviously had a ton of momentum, drove inside the 5 yard line, and our defense never gave up, they made a play when it counted most. Then our offense has a drive that essentially ended the game. Maybe this game should never have gotten this close, but when it counted our guys stepped up big time!
GARNETLIFER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #4
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Take away shooting our selves in the foot in the red zone and it's 35-10.

D showed improvement. If they keep it up and try and improve the ST, we should have another great team.

Take advantage of the bye week and prepare for UCF and the upcoming SEC schedule.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #5
CockpetBagger
Banned, James Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100550
CockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot material

We only outgained them 579-268. Unacceptable.
CockpetBagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:32 PM   #6
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by unccgamecock View Post
First 4 drives were awesome. This is the kind of offense that we've been capable of and we're putting it on.

The D looked great the first quarter, they're coming around.

If we can learn to go for the jugular then we'll be in good shape. So far we're improving week by week and I guarantee we'll be ready for UCF and we'll put on a show.

They beat PSU? Cool lol

Also Connor and Dylan looked AWESOME! Sloppy 2nd half but if mistakes can be limited, we're gonna be very good.
Points.....and we're one of the youngest teams in the country.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:31 AM   #7
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

What needs to happen is just keep improving. Our offense is for sure. The new lbs just need experience because physically they are better than ok. I am sure there is too much thinking going on still.

We could be a legit top 10 performer by the end if we get better as the year goes.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:36 AM   #8
Unknit
4-Star

Male

Unknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talons

This is the first thread in the last couple days that is not bat-shit crazy I feel like. Thank you.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:48 AM   #9
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

To get to the SECCG, wouldn't Georgia have to lose two SEC East games and we have to win the rest of ours? If they lose just one SEC game they still get to go to Atlanta because they beat us. Is that correct? Stranger things have happened, but I don't think I see UGA losing any East games.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:55 AM   #10
zikikki
Recruit

Female

zikikki is sharpening his clawszikikki is sharpening his clawszikikki is sharpening his clawszikikki is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
To get to the SECCG, wouldn't Georgia have to lose two SEC East games and we have to win the rest of ours? If they lose just one SEC game they still get to go to Atlanta because they beat us. Is that correct? Stranger things have happened, but I don't think I see UGA losing any East games.
It does not matter if the losses are from the East or West. Remember 2011 when we were undefeated in the East but still didn't go to the SEC championship because of losing to Auburn and Arkansas?
zikikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:59 AM   #11
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
I think if UF beats UGA and we beat UF then the 3 way tie is broken by whoever is highest ranked in the BCS. I think I heard that on 107.5.

As for UCF we better not sleep walk into Orlando. I remember being at a game at WB when Culpepper was their QB and we just won it by 2 points or so. Got a feeling this could be the same way.

Last edited by Red Devil; 09-16-2013 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Mistake.
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:08 AM   #12
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 19718410
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

When Vandy started getting the breaks, I never once was afraid we'd lose.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #13
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

I really enjoyed seeing the "Fun N Gun" in the first half. It was awesome to constantly move the ball down the field and score well.

I also love Mike "28" Davis. He had a decent ground game, but he turned some catches for some yards.
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #14
kabercr2
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
kabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
I think if UF beats UGA and we beat UF then the 3 way tie is broken by whoever is highest ranked in the BCS. I think I heard that on 107.5.

As for UCF we better not sleep walk into Orlando. I remember being at a game at WB when Culpepper was their QB and we just won it by 2 points or so. Got a feeling this could be the same way.
the only way that scenrio works if the gators only loss is our game. all of us would need to only have one loss.
kabercr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #15
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Hopefully that game was our UF game from last year with the turnovers and we can put it behind us.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote