CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Latti
ReadR00ster
U-Dub Gamecock
rosstheboss
Bobby Boucher
usc1
b381l
acejrock
catdaddy66
Spurticus
BREAD (390)
South Carolina @ Aub (332)
Dress shirt help (264)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (234)
Starz Black Sails (229)
Best Child Acting Pe (113)
Unsung Hero (12)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Connor Mitch
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
BREAD
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2015 - Auden Tate

Old 09-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #1
uscfsu23
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit
Default Clayton Stadnik named ‪SEC‬ Offensive Lineman of the Week

He has been extremely impressive coming into a difficult situation! On a side note I was his brother Brock the more highly touted/recruited of the two? Any word on how his is progressing?

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2013/09/1...e-lineman.html
uscfsu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #2
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clayton Stadnik named ‪SEC‬ Offensive Lineman of the Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfsu23 View Post
He has been extremely impressive coming into a difficult situation! On a side note I was his brother Brock the more highly touted/recruited of the two? Any word on how his is progressing?

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2013/09/1...e-lineman.html
Clayton has greatly impressed me thus far. The only mishap I can think of was the bad snap to Shaw in the UGA game, other than that he has done quite well.
Brock was more highly recruited, and some schools only offered Brock. In fact, they chose USC because our coaches recruited Clayton and Brock equally. I don't know how Brock has progressed, but he is behind some experienced players. EDIT: He is listed behing Cann on the depth chart, so he might start for us next year.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #3
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

I think this absolutely wonderful for him.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

Congrats "Young Stad" haha. I believe that is how Spurrier referred to him post UGA.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #5
Copperhead
Fight, Win, Kick Ass

Male

CockyCash: 960
Copperhead has earned his spursCopperhead has earned his spursCopperhead has earned his spursCopperhead has earned his spursCopperhead has earned his spursCopperhead has earned his spurs

Great Job

Gotta love it
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #6
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 397
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

The man has risen to the occasion and done all that the coaches have asked, plus some! Really impressive for the smallest starter in the oline.

It isn't the size of the gamecock in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the gamecock!
Old 09-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #7
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Nothing but good things can come from him playing, so far. He wasn't slotted as the starter coming into the season, and according to Shawn Elliott, Stadnick wasn't even a close second. But Stadnick has not only stepped in for Waldrop, he has played quite well. So when Waldrop gets healthy, we'll have not one, but two guys the coaches will have complete confidence in to play one of the most important positions on the field. And both of those guys are redshirt freshmen!

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #8
cocky-K
Recruit

Female

cocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his comb

He's risen to the task. Good for him. Its inspiring to see players step up when adversity strikes.
cocky-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #9
pitchcock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 29799800
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

He's done a very good job, definitely better than most people expected.

It's actually a little funny, just a few weeks ago during the practice that the OL as a whole struggled, posters here were calling for Elliott's head. Now, the same people want Deke fired.

Personally, I'm thrilled to finally see the OL playing so well after years of underwhelming results. Congrats again to young Mr. Stadnick!
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:39 PM   #10
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Glad his work got noticed.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #11
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Congrats Clayton...you were considered better than all the other OL in the entire SEC....a great honor. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchcock View Post
...posters here were calling for Elliott's head. Now, the same people want Deke fired.
Including Corey Miller.

....and no one picked him as their surprise player.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #12
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

If you would've told me Clayton Stadnik would be the first gamecock to be honored by the SEC this year I wouldn't have even remotely believed it. Good work kid.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #13
Harry Tuttle
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

Our Oline is awesome and with the emergence of Clay I think this will be the case for years to come.. I was listening to UGA's D coord on the radio today talking about repeating what the dline did against SC and making the QB uncomfortable! What a crock. Shaw had alllll day. Kordell Stewart was defending his SC pick over UGA and he said "SC's oline was dominant as was Shaw, when's the last time you saw a SUN BALL in football anyway?"
Old 09-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #14
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPit

Reminds me of another freshman that stepped up when he was called upon...I think his name was T.J.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #15
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

ZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudly

Does this mean when Cody comes back we will have a Center controversy?
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #16
Garnet/Black Fan
Run Like 21

Male

CockyCash: 51000
Garnet/Black Fan is making other chickens nervousGarnet/Black Fan is making other chickens nervousGarnet/Black Fan is making other chickens nervousGarnet/Black Fan is making other chickens nervousGarnet/Black Fan is making other chickens nervousGarnet/Black Fan is making other chickens nervousGarnet/Black Fan is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
Hahahaha...a center controversy
Garnet/Black Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #17
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
For real....did Cody lose his starting job?
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #18
sporkgod50
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97410000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Great work, Cody!

sporkgod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #19
SpurProsecutor
Downhill Runner

Male

SpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spurs

Carolina's oline has come a LONG way when one of our backup linemen is the SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week!!!!!
SpurProsecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #20
uscGRAD04
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
If you would've told me Clayton Stadnik would be the first gamecock to be honored by the SEC this year I wouldn't have even remotely believed it. Good work kid.

Haha if you would've told me Clayton would've gotten playing time before his brother Brock I wouldn't have believed it.

Gonna be Stadnick brother combo in a few years here. Just like the Kuandjo's (sp?) at Bama and the Matthews brothers at TxAM
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote