CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
Gamecocks1137
El Cid Ranger
taylorssc
GarnetSwarm1990
gocockswyn
Outland
robgusc76
Captain9Dragons
Fight, win, kick a-- (1041)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (897)
CFN prediction for a (817)
Why I'm hopeful abou (671)
The Gator Bowl wants (638)
A simple defensive l (597)
What happened to thi (566)
USC will upset Aubur (565)
Ranking Top HC jobs (442)
This is War (399)
Ranking the SEC Football
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
Media tabs South Carolina
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Cann tipping plays?
Name a Gamecock
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Five Upstate High School
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
Which loss hurt worse, Mi

Old 09-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad
Default Alabama/A&M...Most Watched Football Game in 23 Years

Wow...

Quote:
There was plenty of hype leading up to last Saturday’s game between the Alabama Crimson Tide and Texas A&M Aggies and it generated enough interest in the big game to draw record ratings for CBS, according to a release from the network on Sunday afternoon.

The game earned a whopping overnight household rating of 9.0, which is the most since 1990 when the Notre Dame Fighting Irish took on the Miami Hurricanes.

Alabama vs. Texas A&M had outstanding ratings from start to finish, but the ratings reached a fever pitch whenever the Aggies began their late charge to get the game within one touchdown in the fourth quarter.

It just goes to show the drawing power of the SEC and just how much interest the public has in the back-to-back defending national champions and Johnny Football, so college football can only hope that these two teams will be able to get to the top of the rankings and have a grudge match for the national championship.

The records for that game would be off the charts.

http://fansided.com/2013/09/16/alaba...game-23-years/
Old 09-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Alabama/A&M...Most Watched Football Game in 23 Years

i would expect for viewership to be UP over 23 years, and really- what other good games were on at 3:30 Saturday? FSU-Nevada does not qualify. If anything, I'm surprised Bama-TAMU did not beat the ND-UM game from 23 years ago.

I am disappoint
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #3
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material

Didn't have the proliferation of channels and available games in 1990. So this is pretty impressive, especially for a non-championship game.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #4
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Most watched regular season game, right?

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #5
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Most watched regular season game, right?
Yes...read that in another article.