CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
ReadR00ster
PageUSC
A. Pilgrim
uscsandstorm85
Gamecocks1137
kingofnerf
taylorssc
Spurticus
MrED
How do you want Aubu (2133)
Auburn/USC point spr (2036)
If the Head Ball Coa (1296)
To ANYONE complainin (998)
Does South Carolina (925)
Mike Davis Stiff Arm (844)
Tennessee Game Time (519)
Rest of the season p (404)
Tennessee kickoff an (401)
Peyton Manning break (320)
Does South Carolina still
Cann tipping plays?
Incoming Class
If the Head Ball Coach re
Name a Gamecock
Lorenzo Nunez
Crazy Play
CBS: SOS to Florida?
To ANYONE complaining abo
2014 Garnet and Black Wor

Old 09-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
theoSCARfan89
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
theoSCARfan89 has hatched from the shell
Default Are we being too hard on Deke?

We're only 3 games into his tenure here at Carolina, and soooo many times I see "wish we had lawing" "maybe lawing will come back" "lawing was so much better" ....its sort of annoying to me...give the guy AT LEAST a season or two before we burn him at the stake? I'm sure Lawing wasn't at the level he was at when he left SC in his first year in the SEC....lets all just breath and give him a chance.
theoSCARfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #2
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material
Default Re: Are we being too hard on Deke?

In short, yes. The man needs to be able to have time to get a feel for the way Ward likes to call his defense, then Adams can adjust his line calls accordingly. We've already seen Adams get confused during one play against Vanderbilt (which isn't good), so give the man a little more time before passing judgment. If similar issues remain by the time we get to week 7 or 8, then I think there's a legitimate problem.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Are we being too hard on Deke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
In short, yes. The man needs to be able to have time to get a feel for the way Ward likes to call his defense, then Adams can adjust his line calls accordingly. We've already seen Adams got confused during one play against Vanderbilt (which isn't good), so give the man a little more time before passing judgment. If similar issues remain by the time we get to week 7 or 8, then I think there's a legitimate problem.
Weren't you calling for his firing Saturday?
Old 09-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Time yes, however it is never good when the head man is chewing into you becasue you drop the best rusher into coverage
Old 09-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #5
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life
Weren't you calling for his firing Saturday?
I don't think so, but if I did, then I must've suddenly taken up drinking alcohol, because I definitely don't remember it.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #6
the camp branch kid
Walk On

Male

the camp branch kid is sharpening his clawsthe camp branch kid is sharpening his clawsthe camp branch kid is sharpening his clawsthe camp branch kid is sharpening his clawsthe camp branch kid is sharpening his claws

No. We should fire him, then tar and feather him, and have him shamefully walk out of the state with children throwing rotten vegatables at him.

Seriously, "we" are definitely being too hard on him! We have a young defense and the d-line is not even the issue. It is mostly the linebackers and d-backs who, by the way, are showing signs of getting better IMHO.
with a Gamecock story to tell.
the camp branch kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #7
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 17972586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Yes. Too early to judge him (fully.)

Trust the Visor.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #8
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Absolutely! The man's a professional... let him work!!

Seriously, he is learning Spurrier and Ward's ways and will incorporate these in with his current knowledge and skill set. It take TIME!
Old 09-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #9
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

When you get hired by a SEC program you should not need a learning curb or a couple of years to get used to this league...Sorry but that is the way I see it....We don't have a couple of years to get our defense back to were it was...We have the best offense we have ever had and the D needs to get it together now.....
Old 09-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #10
TURKISH COCK
Banned

Male

TURKISH COCK has hatched from the shell

no... i think he was a bad hire. i say we fire Deke, promote ward to assistant coach and hire Bud Foster. best move ever in carolina's history
TURKISH COCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #11
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

The problems have been the young lbs imo. Deke is catching a bit too much blame so far imo.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #12
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoSCARfan89 View Post
We're only 3 games into his tenure here at Carolina, and soooo many times I see "wish we had lawing" "maybe lawing will come back" "lawing was so much better" ....its sort of annoying to me...give the guy AT LEAST a season or two before we burn him at the stake? I'm sure Lawing wasn't at the level he was at when he left SC in his first year in the SEC....lets all just breath and give him a chance.
Yes, because apparently there are MANY on this board who have forgotten about the years under Lawing where we were run roughshod over consistently by multiple teams.

Its funny how people only remember the last couple of years under Lawing.
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #13
Harry Tuttle
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

Deke is going to be fine. You cannot blame him for every run that gets past the 1st level looking bad because of the weak second level. Teams are running plays designed to get to the second level. (quick screens, power sweep, pow tosses). We are running a dime defense guys. A DIME any way you look at it.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #14
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURKISH COCK View Post
no... i think he was a bad hire. i say we fire Deke, promote ward to assistant coach and hire Bud Foster. best move ever in carolina's history
Not to nit pick... but wouldn't Ward being moved to assistant coach be a DEMOTION?
pimpingamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #15
doc
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1050
doc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spurs

YES!!!
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #16
TURKISH COCK
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpingamecock View Post
Not to nit pick... but wouldn't Ward being moved to assistant coach be a DEMOTION?
absolutely not. assistant coach is right under spurrier. second in command. i say keep ward on board because he is a hell of a recruiter. bringing in Bud Foster would be tremedous. the guy is the best defensive coordinator in college football.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #17
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Quote:
absolutely not. assistant coach is right under spurrier. second in command. i say keep ward on board because he is a hell of a recruiter. bringing in Bud Foster would be tremedous. the guy is the best defensive coordinator in college football.
Technically, they're all assistant coaches. I believe you're talking about assistant HEAD coach, or possibly head-coach-in-waiting.

Old 09-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #18
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Quote:
Oh! And about Bud Foster; are you Talking about the same Bud Foster whose defenses have allowed CU's offense to run wild on Virginia Tech? If so, I'll pass.

Old 09-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #19
TURKISH COCK
Banned

Male

Quote:
Technically, they're all assistant coaches. I believe you're talking about assistant HEAD coach, or possibly head-coach-in-waiting.
yes, thats what i meant. spurrier likes whammy to much to can him. hell, i like whammy to. i just know that there are better defensive coordinators out there that can fill in nicely. one of those is Bud Foster. he's shown interest again. we need to hire him like today
Old 09-16-2013, 03:08 PM   #20
TURKISH COCK
Banned

Male

Quote:
Oh! And about Bud Foster; are you Talking about the same Bud Foster whose defenses have allowed CU's offense to run wild on Virginia Tech? If so, I'll pass.
same defense that got 4 sacks against bama with a very depleted defense? yeah... that Bud Foster