CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
ZenUSC
The Yancey
5lbYardcock
18IsTheMan
GH
conwaycock2
garnet_black215
StormOfTalons
ut_vols13
Gamecock football Lo (2135)
Mike Davis "dou (1846)
Gamecocks D staff re (1262)
The Demise of the 3- (1049)
who thinks we need a (960)
Pirate Depth Chart (914)
Past SEC Champions w (659)
Reginald Bowens (629)
Why didn't Wes Green (530)
Eastern Michigan's C (344)
Did we ever go after Kenn
East Carolina Prediction
Eastern Michigan's Concre
Connor Shaw Browns
Past SEC Champions who ha
Playstation 4
New app: South Carolina G
SOS Teleconference
The Demise of the 3-4
What's your take on our a

Old 09-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Acock's SEC Wrap Up: Week 3

Ever have that dream where you wake up and you're in the Big 12? I don't know what the hell has happened but that seems to be where we are. Week 3 everyone.

Game 1: Arkansas 24 Southern Miss 3
Arkansas passed the ball 11 times and ran it 56 en route to becoming the most disappointing 3-0 team in the country. Southern Miss is a bad, bad team and yet Arkansas could never quite put them away until late. Hard to argue with the results on the ground however as Arky had twin 100 yard rushers for the 3rd straight week. Pound away Hogs, pound away.

Game 2: Oregon 59 Tennessee 14
There is no mercy rule in football, apparently. Oregon may well be the best team in college football, they certainly looked like it against Tennessee, but Tennessee has issues on both sides of the ball. Here's something to take away Tennessee, you outscored Virginia!

Game 3: #7 Louisville 27 Kentucky 13
Kentucky showed they have a lot of fight in them. They also showed that doesn't matter. Fun fact, UK was 0-13 on 3rd down.

Game 4: Auburn 24 Mississippi State 20
This is not so much a testament to Auburn's return as it is MSU's decline. They've lost 7 of the last 9 and show signs of a team that no longer believes. They held a 9 minute advantage in time of possession and won the turnover battle 3 to 0. Usually on the road that should translate to a win, but MSU couldn't seal the deal. Their last 5 drives resulted in a punt and they allowed Auburn to drive 88 yards in 12 plays to score with 10 seconds left after they had the lead. MSU is a fragile team right now and Mullen's in trouble.

Game 5: #8 LSU 45 Kent State 13
They haven't had a real test yet, basically because TCU was overrated, but LSU looks like the real deal. They did exactly what they were supposed to do, dismantle an inferior opponent.

Game 6: #13 South Carolina 35 Vandy 25
Reminded me of a Spielberg movie. Amazing visuals, started off great, shitty ending.

Game 7: #25 Ole Miss 44 Texas 23
Don't look now, but Texas got blindsided. Ole Miss continues to impress, not only by beating Texas, but by doing it after being down by 9 points in the second. Texas is currently a dumpster fire of a program, but Ole Miss bears watching. If you want to know how bad it is in Texas head over to Shaggy Bevos. The F*** Mack Brown thread is up to page 74.

Game 8: #1 Alabama 49 #6 Texas A&M 42
I've said for two weeks straight that Texas A&M's defense was a problem and this week proved it. I'm now saying it about Alabama's defense. Yes, A&M can put up points on anyone, but VT moved the ball on them as well. What the hell Nick?

Week 2 Power Ranking
1. LSU
Next up Auburn: LSU eases into the conference schedule with Auburn. Should be a good test and a nice indication of where they really are. Or Les Miles could do something stupid.

2. Alabama
Next up Colorado State: After watching the A&M game I have a hard time thinking they'll go undefeated. Doesn't mean they won't be national champs though.

3. Georgia
Next up North Texas: UGA wants you to forget about the Clemson game... shh....just go to sleep...

4. Texas A&M
Next up SMU: I expect SMU to roll up 500+ yards of offense and lose by 30.

5. Ole Miss
Next up OFF: They get a week off to prepare for 'Bama. Oh hell.

6. South Carolina
Next up OFF: If the young defense plays a complete game this is a very, very dangerous team.

7. Flordia
Next up Tennessee: Who will score the least?

8. Auburn
Next up @LSU: In which Auburn returns to earth.

9. Arkansas
Next up @Rutgers: No, they don't deserve it but hell, they're 3-0. Gotta reward consistency.

10. Vandy
Next up @UMass: How the hell do you schedule an away game at UMass? What grad student did that?

11. Mississippi State
Next up Troy: Whenever you feel a little down it's best to take a dose of UAB or Troy. It'll get you feeling right again.

12. Missouri
Next up @Indiana: No one has really shut down their offense this year. Will it be Indiana? Probably not, they gave up 35 to Indiana State.

13. Kentucky
Next up OFF: Congrats Kentucky. Out of the basement two weeks in a row.

14. Tennessee
Next up @Florida: Prove me wrong Vols, prove me wrong.

I remember a time when SEC teams played defense....

Last edited by Acockolypse Now; 09-16-2013 at 11:32 PM.
Acockolypse Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #2
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Acock's SEC Wrap Up: Week 3

Auburn in there twice...I didnt know they played two games on Saturday
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #3
gohogs14
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
gohogs14 has earned his spursgohogs14 has earned his spursgohogs14 has earned his spursgohogs14 has earned his spursgohogs14 has earned his spursgohogs14 has earned his spurs

I'd imagine we would have passed more if Allen hadn't gotten hurt. We were running into stacked boxes most of the time after that. Lets see if we open up the playbook more against rutgers, dont think we've shown much yet
Old 09-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #4
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
Auburn in there twice...I didnt know they played two games on Saturday
I am bad copy and paste for making mistakes. Me type with heavy fingers.

Hog, your team confuses me.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:03 PM   #5
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Funny, I always thought you could hang with the folks at Shaggy Bevo. It's high-speed but you can handle it. I think Spurticus is there on occasion.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:33 PM   #6
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Love Shaggy Bevos. Haven't registered there yet but love the forum, funny as hell.

Yeah, I could hang with those guys.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:50 AM   #7
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Not sure why you have Ole Piss ahead of Carolina. We took it to Vandy for the most part, they had to do it on a last minute TD. Also Texas is just plain bad, not a big win IMO.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:16 AM   #8
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

I was in Austin this last weekend and I enjoyed all of the angry, upset Texas fans.

And let me add that I have never seen so many hot college coeds gathered in one place before in my life. Wow.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #9
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Ole Miss vs Carolina right now would be a massive game
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #10
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Yes it would.

I, for one, am glad that we have MSU this year instead of Ole Miss. They are going to ruin someone's night this year.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #11
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
I was in Austin this last weekend and I enjoyed all of the angry, upset Texas fans.

And let me add that I have never seen so many hot college coeds gathered in one place before in my life. Wow.
Coworker of mine went to a bachelor party in Austin this past weekend and saw the game. Said his necks hurts from looking at so many hot women.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #12
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Vols 52 Western Kentucky 20
Western Kentucky 35 Kentucky 26

The Vols being last is obviously a joke right?
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #13
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

No, it's not a joke. Without all those turnovers you lose to Petrino's team.

UT is a mess right now, and you're getting worse. I'll revise it after I see whether or not your guys have any fight against Florida.

I could easily see UK beating you guys after the way they played Louisville.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #14
NinjaSven
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 515
NinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Ole Miss vs Carolina right now would be a massive game
I totally agree. They are a team that does not get the attention they deserve. They seem to be getting great results from last year's recruiting class.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #15
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
No, it's not a joke. Without all those turnovers you lose to Petrino's team.

UT is a mess right now, and you're getting worse. I'll revise it after I see whether or not your guys have any fight against Florida.

I could easily see UK beating you guys after the way they played Louisville.
Do you really believe that?

In the second half without any of the turnovers the Vols dominated 21-3 and in every statistical categories.

TN is much better and more talented than Kentucky and on par with Vandy and Missouri (very sad). To act like they are the leagues worst team because they got blown out on the road @Oregon (which is probably the hardest road OOC game an SEC team has played in 10 years) is a joke.

But whatever, I hope your team thinks the same thing so we can beat you on the 19th of October!
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #16
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

I call it like I see it. You'll notice I have us behind Ole Miss at the moment.

I believe UT is a more talented team than UK (and for that matter Vandy), but you're really thin at many spots and I'm not sure what the Oregon game does to your psyche.

You've hit a really, really hard patch of schedule. Where you rank at the end of the season will largely be determined by how Butch can hold these guys together. Since he and his staff didn't recruit them, morale and relationships can get very fragile.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #17
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
Do you really believe that?

In the second half without any of the turnovers the Vols dominated 21-3 and in every statistical categories.

TN is much better and more talented than Kentucky and on par with Vandy and Missouri (very sad). To act like they are the leagues worst team because they got blown out on the road @Oregon (which is probably the hardest road OOC game an SEC team has played in 10 years) is a joke.

But whatever, I hope your team thinks the same thing so we can beat you on the 19th of October!
You are much better than Ky.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote