CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
B-G
Big Spur
SMOTFS86
Sandstorm29
The Yancey
kingofnerf
rabid cock
doubledribble
**USC vs. Coker GAME (3285)
2014 Subway Classic: (1608)
aTm demolishes Kyle (738)
Cocky at the Duck Co (712)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (625)
Really, REALLY glad (559)
Deer Hunting 2014 (374)
movers, furniture do (307)
Happy Winter Solstic (276)
Streaming nfl games (264)
QB Next Season?
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
Connor to be backup?
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
official UFC thread. (new
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
Ali Hospitalized With Pne
Question for those who ha
Really, REALLY glad he's
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL

Old 09-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #1
Harry Tuttle
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000600
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous
Default Who is gonna bring the pain?

Darian Stewart to Swearinger... From what I've seen Brison just can't lay the wood like these guys. I didn't pay attention to Bryant enough during the Vandy game to notice how aggressively he hits. Who is known as a big hitter in the secondary, starting now, or up and coming?

On another note, Tony Morell is saying that Johnathon Walton's snaps are going to go way up in the upcoming weeks as we start to pave the way for the future! At 6' 234 this kid is just going to get bigger and stronger. We need him to get experience. Maybe by season's end he's starting!
Old 09-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #2
Jim Lahey
I'm on the white liqour

Male

CockyCash: 1000700
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material
Default Re: Who is gonna bring the pain?

TJ Gurley

Lim Jahey! Pleased to meet you, bud!
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

TJ Gurley is supposed to be that guy..

At least, that is what I have always heard.

Before he was injured a year ago, he was considered by some to be the hardest hitter on the team (this was when DJ was still playing)

He was the guy that popped Marcus Lattimore in practice really hard one day and the coaches told him he better lay off doing that.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #4
Harry Tuttle
Blue Chip

Male

Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

That's good to know. I like Gurley, he's cooooouuuunnnntry as hell. The way he talks reminds me of Randy Moss. From what I've seen I like him on the field in games better than Kadetrix. We need to get him in jungle boy hunting mode. More mean. More attitude.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #5
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

We don't have to have a big hitter we just need some tacklers.

I think I read where Kaiwan and Holloman(both our MLBs) only had 1 tackle against Vandy. That's pathetic for MLB! And is leading to Walton the true freshman to get some playing time.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #6
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Maybe this dude:

Old 09-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #7
Harry Tuttle
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post

I think I read where Kaiwan and Holloman(both our MLBs) only had 1 tackle against Vandy. That's pathetic for MLB! And is leading to Walton the true freshman to get some playing time.

I know we definitely need tacklers, or actually LBs that can get off blocks. Watching our LBs swallowed by TEs, and if you pay attention to Golightly he gets neutralized by WRs, makes me sick! Still, having someone like DJ who the RB had to keep an eye out for and even might bring hesitation before bouncing outside never hurts and can even buy a second for our guys to get off blocks.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #8
Jim Lahey
I'm on the white liqour

Male

Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Tuttle View Post
That's good to know. I like Gurley, he's cooooouuuunnnntry as hell. The way he talks reminds me of Randy Moss. From what I've seen I like him on the field in games better than Kadetrix. We need to get him in jungle boy hunting mode. More mean. More attitude.

Once he's 100% over his injury he should be just fine.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #9
Jim Lahey
I'm on the white liqour

Male

I've heard Kyle Fleetwood can lay the wood too

Old 09-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #10
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

We need good tacklers, across the board on defense.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #11
Harry Tuttle
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
We need good tacklers, across the board on defense.
Yea, taking bad angles or picking the wrong hole also seems to be a major problem...on top of not getting off of blocks.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:35 PM   #12
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

I saw Bryant get ran-by on an arm tackle in the 4th quarter. He will likely hear about it in the film room and will get it corrected. I also saw a LB get trucked on third and short after hitting the ball carrier at the LOS. They will learn to move their feet and not reach as time and coaching goes on. Meanwhile we might have to play some 50 against good running teams until some command of the space develops. The LB's have good speed, but not much size and stopping power yet. One reason Swearinger was so good in run support and short pass defense was his attitude that it was his space. You come in, you pay. He also was good at wrapping if he didn't have the angle to make a big hit count. He forced some key fumbles tackling hard right on the ball.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #13
Harry Tuttle
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
I saw Bryant get ran-by on an arm tackle in the 4th quarter. He will likely hear about it in the film room and will get it corrected. I also saw a LB get trucked on third and short after hitting the ball carrier at the LOS. They will learn to move their feet and not reach as time and coaching goes on. Meanwhile we might have to play some 50 against good running teams until some command of the space develops. The LB's have good speed, but not much size and stopping power yet. One reason Swearinger was so good in run support and short pass defense was his attitude that it was his space. You come in, you pay. He also was good at wrapping if he didn't have the angle to make a big hit count. He forced some key fumbles tackling hard right on the ball.
AMEN! Roberts got pushed into the endzone by Carter-Samuel for cryin out loud. We just gotta keep winning, and by Clemson these guys will be ready. Actually our murderous dline in our Dime defense might be Clemson's biggest nightmare.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:17 PM   #14
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post

This is absolutely right! Please don't misunderstand me, because I loved Swearinger as a player for USC, but he would drive me up the wall with always trying to make a highlight-reel hit instead of wrapping up. Look at two of his biggest plays: The forced fumble against Nebraska and the hit on Clemson's Ellington. In both cases, he made AWESOME plays, and we're all glad he did, but he also didn't even attempt to wrap up either ball carrier, something that could have hurt us, we just got lucky it didn't.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #15
airborne09
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
airborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervous

I don't think they teach kids at young age how to properly tackle.
airborne09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #16
JT21
#Team Good QB Play

Male

CockyCash: 500
JT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
This is absolutely right! Please don't misunderstand me, because I loved Swearinger as a player for USC, but he would drive me up the wall with always trying to make a highlight-reel hit instead of wrapping up. Look at two of his biggest plays: The forced fumble against Nebraska and the hit on Clemson's Ellington. In both cases, he made AWESOME plays, and we're all glad he did, but he also didn't even attempt to wrap up either ball carrier, something that could have hurt us, we just got lucky it didn't.
Seen a lot of that from Brison Williams so far this season. Missed a few tackles against UGA and Vandy. And thing with Williams is that he hasn't had the kind of impact Swearinger made to make up for those plays.

ProFootballFocus.com
JT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #17
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT21 View Post
Seen a lot of that from Brison Williams so far this season. Missed a few tackles against UGA and Vandy. And thing with Williams is that he hasn't had the kind of impact Swearinger made to make up for those plays.
Yeah, if a guy is only going to go for the big hit, he better hope his efforts yield good results, and that was often Swearinger's saving grace.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #18
bhs04
high motor

Male

CockyCash: 500
bhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
Yea, he didn't come back in the game after that either.

The thing with playing these young guys is that the coaches can tell them they gotta move their feet when they tackle til they're blue in the face, but until they see it for themselves in game action, those boys will think they can get away with it just like in high school.

We knew this was gonna be a thing that would take time. They'll get it.

A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS.
bhs04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #19
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Gurley and Bryant are hitters. Gurley is still coming back from the injury and Bryant is learning. I'm with you though in that Williams is a good high level SEC back-up.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #20
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

JJ Marcus

Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote