CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
rosstheboss
ReadR00ster
Latti
donbgamecock
GamecockStud
ConwayGamecock
Regalcock
Bobby Boucher
usc1
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (6522)
BREAD (551)
Sindarius Thornwell (492)
Dress shirt help (383)
Best Child Acting Pe (319)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (217)
Well gameday just go (162)
South Carolina @ Aub (154)
Unsung Hero (108)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (81)
Gamecocks in the Majors/M
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
Burger Kings angry whoppe
Sindarius Thornwell Draft
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
Happy Birthday, Coach Spu
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Need Bama-USC Tickets (Ba
boiled peanuts

Old 09-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #1
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

CockyCash: 500
Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material
Default Remaining games...whatcha got?

UCF--yikes, this game just got REAL. Shaw on the road against a real decent team. I would not be surprised if we sleep walk and get beat.

UK--at home, we win big. We win bigger if we lose to UCF.

@Arkie, UT, and Mizzoo--no way we run this gauntlet unscathed. I can see a letdown game at UT. Shaw is 50/50 on the road.

Miss St, UF, and Coastal at home--we win all three. Home is our sanctuary.

Clemson--hmmmm. I'm thinking bad thoughts.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
Taco Tuesday
Recruit

Male

Taco Tuesday has feathers coming inTaco Tuesday has feathers coming in
Default Re: Remaining games...whatcha got?

10-2...lose to Georgia and one of the three road games. Capital One Bowl vs Northwestern
Taco Tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #3
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Tuesday View Post
10-2...lose to Georgia and one of the three road games. Capital One Bowl vs Northwestern
I think we go 9-3 during the reg seas.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #4
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

I say 10-2 or better.

Have no idea which games. Impossible to predict individual games (other than Coastal). No one could have ever predicted Florida last year.

But overall, I think this team is a very good football team and I don't see them losing more than one more game at the most.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #5
unccgamecock
Walk On

Male

unccgamecock is sharpening his clawsunccgamecock is sharpening his clawsunccgamecock is sharpening his clawsunccgamecock is sharpening his claws

ye of little faith..
unccgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #6
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

UCF-A lot better than a lot of people on here thought ... will not be an easy game (if we do have a strong showing and handle business then it makes me feel better about the rest of the schedule)

UK-They aren't good .. I haven't seen any improvement in them yet

Arky- I honestly don't know enough about this team yet need to see more

UT- Bad QB play, no WR and suspect D (we are one of the few games that UT fans are looking to as a possible upset in their favor, heard this multiple times by fans and radio host up here)

Mizzou- Another team I don't know enough about, I was not impressed with their win over Toledo .. I think we will know about them after this week vs. Indiana

Miss St- Their offense and QB are their downfall but I am glad this game is at home

UF - Great D bad O ... this game at home is huge! If we can stop and rattle Driskle it will be the huge impact on this game

Coastal- Lets just hope no one gets hurt

Clemson-As much as many people here hate to admit they are pretty good, their d looked better (than last year) against UGA and I want to see if they can keep that up but this might be the best Clemson team we've seen in the last 5 years
Old 09-17-2013, 07:52 PM   #7
jrussjr
4-Star

Male

jrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his comb
Default Remaining games...whatcha got?

Now don't get too down about the early season loss, even tho all national champions go undefeated, oh wait, never mind.....
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #8
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Hope w go 11-1 but from what I've seen I'd expect a rather disappointing (compared to the last three seasons) 8-4 or 9-3 regular season. We have the talent but we are lacking chemistry and the TEAM that we need. We are awfully young so this roll that we are on will continue. Every season can't be an eleven win season. This one will be a little downer before we become a bit better again in a year or so.

I'm more pissed about Clemson getting credit for playing a three game schedule every freaking year.

Go cocks...prove me wrong...but I don't think i will be. It has nothing to don with a lack of faith. It's more to do with evaluation of talent and chemistry. We are off a bit in both departments. Nagging little injuries have hurt and will hurt more as this season progresses.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #9
92Pony
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 399
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb

Wins - UK, UT, Mizzou, Miss St, Coastal

Losses - Arky, UF, Clem

50/50 - UCF

Prove me wrong Gamecocks, prove me wrong!!!
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:58 PM   #10
USCfootball
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 106666
USCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his claws

I just wanna see the young LB's blitz. I honestly don't care if we win another game all year but I wanna see some head hunting on the opposing QB's. Man up on the outside and bring heat.
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #11
ThisMr X
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Pony View Post
Wins - UK, UT, Mizzou, Miss St, Coastal

Losses - Arky, UF, Clem

50/50 - UCF

Prove me wrong Gamecocks, prove me wrong!!!
we wont lose another away game this year, I just don't see it. Clemson will be the toughest test, i'm afraid to say.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #12
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4259
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

We have the talent to win the rest of the games. And if our young LBs come along who knows?
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:49 PM   #13
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Florida, Clemson, and Mizzou are the toughest matchups for us left.

Folks, we have a legit elite offense, if our defense comes around we can run the table.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #14
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Clemson is at home, so I give us the edge. If we were playing there, I believe we would drop the game

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #15
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

If our defense improves, I think we go 11-1. That's a big if.
The good news, our next 6 games (7 weeks) should allow them to learn and get better.....but our offense needs to stay focused and play at a high level.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #16
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

I'm glad we got 2 weeks to prepare for UCF... Their win at Penn State will keep our players from thinking its just an easy game...

As for the other 3 road games... I'm thinking 2 out of 3 will happen... Unless our D and ST starts improving dramatically...

Miss State is like Vandy, game we should win, and glad its here... Florida will be a war, but I think we match up well with them... Clemson is here, thank goodness for that..

I'm thinking 9-3....
Old 09-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #17
Legalman72
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 19477065
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

We won't lose to the taters. Nah.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #18
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 990000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

We will continue to improve and record the best regular season in our history. 11-1
It's more likely than not !
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #19
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

UCF and Arkansas are the only teams that have a prayer of a chance to beat us.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:38 PM   #20
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Worst case bowl: Chick Fil a
Best case: Sugar

So basically either a New Year's Eve, New Years, or a BCS bowl. Nothing to be ashamed of. And the CFA is one year away from being BCS tier.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote