CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
GarnetSwarm1990
doubledribble
Lonnie
Cocks N Stuff
johnnyb
El Cid Ranger
So Disappointed With (1910)
Rank the QBs under S (1418)
Back like cooked cra (1002)
Tennessee game (664)
Who start on the d l (626)
No Comments on the H (480)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
Squats (356)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (172)
Why I think we beat Aubur
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
So Disappointed With The
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Rank the QBs under Spurri
7 on 7 flag football bloc
Thoughts on the basketbal
Back like cooked crack
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE

Old 09-18-2013, 11:08 AM   #1
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material
Default 50

Number of Consecutive weeks ranked in the AP Top 25. 5th best current streak.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #2
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 50.

Up there with the big boys!!
Old 09-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #3
RoyalAir
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
RoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudly

I hate to be the contrarian, but no one is going to take us seriously until we start winning SEC titles and show up in BCS-level bowl games.

And even that isn't enough for people to take Oklahoma seriously anymore.
RoyalAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #4
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 225747
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

We are a big boy.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #5
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Unhappy people are not happy.

There are 125 other teams out there that would gladly trade that record with us.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #6
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly

Without question the best era of usc football. Its only gonna get better. I trust spurrier
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #7
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 436
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Well that's pretty cool to see.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #8
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
I hate to be the contrarian, but no one is going to take us seriously until we start winning SEC titles and show up in BCS-level bowl games.

And even that isn't enough for people to take Oklahoma seriously anymore.
If you hate it, then why do it? You don't have to be the contrarian. So you must not really hate it that bad.

I could give a sh*t how other people take us. What I do know is that I have season tickets and I know that when I go watch SC play at home, that 99% of the time, I am going to leave happy. 99% freaking percent of the time. That is a hell of a long way from anything else in our history.

Man, I am enjoying this time in SC football. It is amazes me the people that are still miserable about being a SC fan. It is absolutely mind boggling to me.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #9
YNOTUSC
Recruit

Male

YNOTUSC has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Unhappy people are not happy.

There are 125 other teams out there that would gladly trade that record with us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGGA View Post
Without question the best era of usc football. Its only gonna get better. I trust spurrier
Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
Man, I am enjoying this time in SC football. It is amazes me the people that are still miserable about being a SC fan. It is absolutely mind boggling to me.
These are the correct answers. Hard to believe we are #5 on that list. These are good times, some folks should stop and enjoy them.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #10
Tony
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 350
Tony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talons

Feels like we have finally arrived. Nice to see dawgs, taters, vols, gators not on this list!
Old 09-18-2013, 06:11 PM   #11
CockyCody
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
CockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talons

It's Great To Be A Gamecock!!!!!!!!!!!!
CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #12
skhunt84
Recruit

Male

skhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudly

Where's Clempson in this poll???
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  61.7 KB
skhunt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:38 PM   #13
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

It's only unthinkable as long as you don't have some shrill idiot pounding it in your head.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:22 AM   #14
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by skhunt84 View Post
Where's Clempson in this poll???
Attachment 10986
Hey hey hey, didnt you hear Abo...let's start talking about the things Clemson has done instead if the things they haven't done...in light of that West Virginia just scored again...

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:41 AM   #15
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

Nice report.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #16
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

CockyCash: 800
eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
Number of Consecutive weeks ranked in the AP Top 25. 5th best current streak.

This is why so many say our younger fans are spoiled. I know countless others like me remember when we used to get excited if we were second or third in the "others receiving votes" part of the poll.

"Oh boy next week we may be ranked!"

There were so many years like that, and others where we would get into the Top 25 for one week and then lay an egg.

This is truly a great time to be a Gamecock. Our standards for excellence have grown by leaps and bounds.