CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
COCKYTALKIN
Acockolypse Now
sporkgod50
thekob
Rooster'srule
b381l
StormOfTalons
Lonnie
M.C.
Elcid99 (2240)
PSU drops a prospect (1201)
Bad movies that are (662)
John Abraham DUI (534)
Mizzou WR suspended (519)
Best Offensive " (350)
Rokevious Watkins cu (315)
Re-Airing South Caro (261)
Travelle Warton reti (257)
I was there, when (222)
Elcid99
An Aggies View of the Mat
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Destiny Beta
The Believer
Green and Lammons
PSU drops a prospect beca
EVE Online
The Believer - Spurrier D
Clowney Spares RB Big Hit

Old 09-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #1
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material
Default Clemson Student Manager

Pretty cool story

Old 09-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #2
Danmcc3
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 800
Danmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Clemson Student Manager

Cool story, Isn't that the guy that dabo was laughing at in the clemson practice video.
Danmcc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #3
92Pony
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 538
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb

As much as I despise clemson and everything orange, that is a cool video.
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #4
CCtiger91
One of a Kind

Male

CockyCash: 107880
CCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot material

Heres a video that ESPN's Holly Rowe did on David and another Clemson student manager: http://espn.go.com/espnw/video/9686693/week-4

Definitely worth a look if you have some time to spare.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #5
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Nicely done.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #6
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Good stuff.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #7
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danmcc3 View Post
Cool story, Isn't that the guy that dabo was laughing at in the clemson practice video.
If you mean the one shown on Gameday, he wasn't laughing "at" him but with him. Someone brought it up that day, and it appeared that the clip was edited in such a way that it did appear Dabo was laughing at him.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #8
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

GREAT story!

That is a wonderful program that CU has, helping the mentally challenged integrate into the everyday world. He also helps many of us realize how we take much in life for granted.

USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #9
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Cool story. Thanks for sharing that.

Points.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #10
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Had a kid very similar to him, his name was David too, that was a manager for my soccer team that I coached at a local high school

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #11
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Awesome
Old 09-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #12
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

That's a terrific story. Even though it's Clemson, that is a classy move on their part.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #13
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Clemson actually has a program for special needs young adults that incorporates them into college life.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:20 PM   #14
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Nice story. Seems like a great program to have . That's probably the best thing i ever said about the orange people.
COCKYWOOD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #15
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wumarshall82 View Post
Pretty cool story

We are all brothers and sisters ! And Dave Rocks ! #Thanksbrother
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:26 PM   #16
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
Clemson actually has a program for special needs young adults that incorporates them into college life.
So do we at USC. They live in Cliff during the school year.

Last edited by Cheezy; 09-18-2013 at 11:32 PM.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:28 AM   #17
scsalesreptile
Walk On

Male

scsalesreptile is sharpening his clawsscsalesreptile is sharpening his clawsscsalesreptile is sharpening his clawsscsalesreptile is sharpening his clawsscsalesreptile is sharpening his claws
Send a message via AIM to scsalesreptile

As a dad that had a special needs son who passed away at age 19, this was wonderful yet emotionally draining to watch. My son was very much like this, and we always joked that even though he was not a sports man, he was a sports fan, and never failed to cheer on, and cheer up, all those around him. So many are quick to write off the impact that special needs kids can have on our lives. I know personally that they can be as inspiring as anyone, if not more. Thanks so much for posting.
scsalesreptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #18
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsalesreptile View Post
As a dad that had a special needs son who passed away at age 19, this was wonderful yet emotionally draining to watch. My son was very much like this, and we always joked that even though he was not a sports man, he was a sports fan, and never failed to cheer on, and cheer up, all those around him. So many are quick to write off the impact that special needs kids can have on our lives. I know personally that they can be as inspiring as anyone, if not more. Thanks so much for posting.
Thanks for posting that. I have a cousin that is like this (dont see much at all anymore) and we all have good stories and fun times to tell about him. Definitely puts things into perspective for those of us that think things are tough in life.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:58 AM   #19
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

That was pretty cool.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #20
Cocky chick
Blue Chip

Female

Cocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot material

What a cool story! I know the program is designed to help those with special needs, but it seems like Dave is giving as much or more to the people around him as he gets. Good job Clemson! (Did I just say that? :)
Cocky chick is offline   Reply With Quote