CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
roosterdude21
Cockypantherfan
Lalli25
sporkgod50
i29gman
Spur's Addiction
Gyle41386
qcgamecock
F4rpoole
Thenardier
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1839)
The #AskEmmert Q& (596)
Stadium Ratings-Site (465)
Peach Bowl name retu (295)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (293)
Construction of Worl (293)
Save Electricity By (247)
HELP calculating acr (214)
NBA Wants to Up Age (162)
How Experienced In P (146)
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Jameis Winston's Accuser
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
2015 - Tommy Hatton
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
2015 - Davon Durant
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is

Old 09-20-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
bronamath
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
bronamath has earned his spursbronamath has earned his spursbronamath has earned his spursbronamath has earned his spursbronamath has earned his spursbronamath has earned his spurs
Default Remembering Kenny

Since today marks 2 years since we lost a beloved Gamecock in Kenny Mckinley, I thought it would be interesting for everyone to share their favorite memories of him. Mine was the touchdown pass he threw to Syvelle against Kentucky in 06.
bronamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
spurman14
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 600
spurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Remembering Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronamath View Post
Since today marks 2 years since we lost a beloved Gamecock in Kenny Mckinley, I thought it would be interesting for everyone to share their favorite memories of him. Mine was the touchdown pass he threw to Syvelle against Kentucky in 06.
I believe it would be three years right? And my favorite memory all time of Kenny was he's td catch in the independence bowl. He threw the ball clear over the stands. I was there to witness it. Also one of my favorite memories was Uga in 07'. My grandmother drove me as my cousin to the game. She was just planning on waiting in the car till the game was over since she didn't have a ticket. Shortly before game time she decided she wanted in. We found her a ticket and come to find out it was down in the section next to the band and players families. While we were up there next to god himself! Lol after the W. we walked down and found her talking to a group of people. Come to find out it was Kenny's parents and other relatives. It was so cool how down to earth everyone was and it was nice of them to carry on a long conversation with us! Will never forget that. RIP #11

"If the army and the navy, ever gazed on heaven's scenes, they'd find the streets are guarded by United States Marines."

- Semper Fi
spurman14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #3
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Dang. What a terrible incident that was.

My favorite Kenny play was against Miss. St at home. Spurrier saw something in their defense moved Kenny to the slot at the line and hit him on a little hitch. He took it the rest of the way. Showed SOS's genius and Kenny's play-making ability. I think Ellis Johnson was State's D coordinator.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

RIP Kenny. You were loved by Gamecock Nation.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:09 PM   #5
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 397
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Loved the TD in the 2006 bowl game where he caught it on the sideline and stepped backwards, stopped to let the Houston defender slide right by him and then took it to the house! He always brought his A game. I miss him a lot, more than I ever expected to.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:11 PM   #6
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

throwing the ball in the stands after the td vs houston is the moment that stands out to me too. the 2007 season he was the best wr in the sec. i really hope we set in motion to retire his jersey (not number, per a.d. policy) after the season.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #7
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Touchdown against Houston in the bowl game.
Loved when he chucked it into the stands.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #8
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
throwing the ball in the stands after the td vs houston is the moment that stands out to me too. the 2007 season he was the best wr in the sec. i really hope we set in motion to retire his jersey (not number, per a.d. policy) after the season.
I think that would be a classy honor.
One of the best WRs to come through here.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #9
TheManInBlack
Recruit

TheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervous

RIP Kenny.

Wasnt he the guy who had to be dragged off of the field because he had two cramped up legs at the same time???? Warrior right there.

Whatever - I agree with the OP - that pass against UK.
TheManInBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #10
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

My daughter's favorite player.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #11
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

ipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPit

Kenny is my favorite Gamecock of all time. Of the many great moments during Kenny's fantastic career, I'd say my favorites were his tough catches over the middle to get us our first ever win in Knoxville. Kenny took a couple of huge shots over the middle during that game but always held onto the ball, came up huge as we were driving for the game-winning field goal late in the 4th quarter.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #12
NinjaSven
Blue Chip

Male

NinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talons

What a great player. He will sorely be missed.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #13
NinjaSven
Blue Chip

Male

NinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCOWyFi95VU

Some of his highlights. Kudos to whoever made the video.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:39 PM   #14
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

Old 09-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #15
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 5655802
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

If we could have just gathered all of Kenny's fans together, just to show and tell him how much we loved him...... guess we sort of did since he was at a Carolina game shortly before the end......

Still don't believe it........

Rest in Peace KM...... you are sorely missed!
Old 09-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #16
rolinb1
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000750
rolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSven View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCOWyFi95VU

Some of his highlights. Kudos to whoever made the video.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #17
gocockswyn
Two Deep

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

He was a great Gamecock. Had a great smile. He is missed.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #18
jesse james
Recruit

Male

jesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spurs

After one of the home games my son (probably about 10 at the time) saw Kenny and his parents walking through the parking lot. He was all excited about getting Kenny's autograph and I was busy taking pictures of the two of them. My daughter (about 6 at the time) kept tugging on my shorts and I kept telling her to wait a minute while I got pictures of her brother with Kenny.

After we were done and Kenny and his parents had walked away, I leaned over and asked my daughter what she wanted . . . and she started crying and told me how she wanted her picture made with Kenny too :(

Never even occurred to me . . . and she will never let me forget it.
jesse james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:29 AM   #19
BigSteven34
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 35360615
BigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to BigSteven34

Man three years already...

Mine would be the Liberty Bowl TD and toss. I was at work that night working the overnight shift...watching the game. It was just me there, so I remember hooting and hollering at the TV during that play!

God rest you Kenny, we miss you.
BigSteven34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:57 AM   #20
psychwr2
Blue Chip

Male

psychwr2 is developing his combpsychwr2 is developing his combpsychwr2 is developing his combpsychwr2 is developing his combpsychwr2 is developing his combpsychwr2 is developing his combpsychwr2 is developing his combpsychwr2 is developing his combpsychwr2 is developing his combpsychwr2 is developing his comb
Send a message via AIM to psychwr2

No one specific play because he was a joy to watch on every play. What always stands out to me about Kenny was that charming smile he always put on whenever his helmet was off. Great young man, and the world hasn't been right since he passed.