CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
taylorssc
Outland
Latt7more
B-G
gadeneer1986
b381l
HeadCockFan
WeStillOwnUSC
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Rest of the season p (1068)
Incoming Class (1051)
Why is everyone anti (941)
Just thought of some (771)
Let us clarify some (740)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (739)
Tennessee kickoff an (727)
Is Clowney back toni (586)
Miss St. defense (562)
Williams and Mitch
Roll call for Auburn
Why is everyone anticipat
Holiday desserts
Garber vs Klinsmann round
Miss St. defense
Thoughts on the basketbal
How do you want Auburn to
Just thought of something
Peyton Manning breaks Bre

Old 09-21-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material
Default When was our last conference game where the other team...

Just sh*t the bed?

I am trying to think back. I can't remember one. I know some will say UGA last year, but that isn't what I am talking about. That was just us scoring on our first two drives and they did have one int that was costly, but it wasn't like they were fumbling snaps, etc.

I am talking about a game like we had against Florida last year or what Florida and Tenn are doing so far in this game. Where the team just completely looks like they shouldn't be on the field.

Or a conference game where the most important player for the other team got taken out early or didn't play (as in the case of Driskell in this game).

Maybe I am missing one that is right in front of my face, but it just seems like we never get that game where the other team has miscue after miscue.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: When was our last conference game where the other team...

Ole Miss?

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #3
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

UF vs Georgia last year.?
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #4
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
UF vs Georgia last year.?
UF? Yes, but that was us. I said THE OTHER TEAM... as in our OPPONENT.

UGA? Not what I am talking about.

I guess you didn't read my post.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #5
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Ole Miss?
Yeah, that might be a good example. So 4 years ago.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #6
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
UF? Yes, but that was us. I said THE OTHER TEAM... as in our OPPONENT.

UGA? Not what I am talking about.

I guess you didn't read my post.
Oh sorry. Read it wrong haha
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #7
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

This Tenn vs Florida game has just gotten bat sh*t crazy.

I just can't remember the last time we got the benefit of a conference team showing up looking like they all just had a traumatic brain injury before getting off the bus. Again, like us at Florida last year.

I hope we get one of those games this year. That would be nice.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:34 PM   #8
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Arky a few years ago in WB.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #9
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
Arky a few years ago in WB.
Don't remember this one at all? Again, I am not talking about when WE played like that. I am talking about the other team.

Arky hasn't played like that in Williams Brice or away for as long as I can remember. You would have to be talking about something from several years ago.

Do you mean when we rotated Garcia and Smelley? Was that at WB?
Old 09-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #10
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

What he is trying to say is when is the last time we have played a conference team that just clemsoned all over themselves while playing us?
Old 09-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #11
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Georgia last year. Come on, they were the #5 team in the country and they were done at half time. Second play all conference safety had an interception ripped out of his hadnd by a 170 lb sophomore for a long pass. That game definitely qualifies.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #12
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
What he is trying to say is when is the last time we have played a conference team that just clemsoned all over themselves while playing us?
EXACTLY!!! Thanks.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #13
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 436
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

UK last year, they were kicking our tails then we stomped them in the fourth quarter.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #14
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Georgia last year. Come on, they were the #5 team in the country and they were done at half time. Second play all conference safety had an interception ripped out of his hadnd by a 170 lb sophomore for a long pass.
UGA last year is NOT what I am watching in the Tenn vs Florida game today or when we played Florida last year. Those are completely different.

You may think they are the same, but I don't even consider them in the same ball park. Just my opinion though.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:01 PM   #15
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
UK last year, they were kicking our tails then we stomped them in the fourth quarter.
Wow, some people are just not reading the question.

I am not talking about us. I am talking about the other team.

Nevermind. I should know better.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:01 PM   #16
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Hard to remember two teams clemsoning at the same time.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #17
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
Wow, some people are just not reading the question.

I am not talking about us. I am talking about the other team.

Nevermind. I should know better.

Actually, you are making a point. Seems we crap the bed more often than other schools, and when they do drop the motherload, it's not against us.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #18
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
Actually, you are making a point. Seems we crap the bed more often than other schools, and when they do drop the motherload, it's not against us.
Yep, this is what I was thinking too. That is what lead me to the original question.

Seems like we do it from time to time and it seems like I watch other teams do it on TV, but I don't remember teams doing it when they are playing us.

C2, mentioned Ole Miss. That is the only one I can think of that is even close. That was in 2009

UGA last year is just not the same. Against Florida, we fumbled the first play of the game. We gave up 21 points without our offense ever touching the ball. That is kind of situation I am talking about.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #19
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

Uk at home 2 years ago. We beat them 54-3. Not sure how many fumbles, interceptions they had.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #20
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 225747
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Georgia last year. Come on, they were the #5 team in the country and they were done at half time. Second play all conference safety had an interception ripped out of his hadnd by a 170 lb sophomore for a long pass. That game definitely qualifies.
I would say UGA more than Ole Miss. Rebels were overrated and in it until the forth. Bulldog got punched in the mouth and didn't respond at all.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote