CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurrier_Superior_On
sporkgod50
RGHoskins
GoldenSpur7
Cockhornleghorn
Rebel4ever
Dizzy01
ReadR00ster
TheMule
TAFC 5 1981
Victor Hampton Arres (2271)
Diamond DeSheilds, U (1884)
how has more ESPN an (1146)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (884)
Gamecock Legacy recr (661)
Attendance next seas (479)
Clemson's At It Agai (450)
Women's bb - Deshiel (392)
$15 home AC (306)
22 ways to annoy peo (284)
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
how has more ESPN anounce
Clemson's At It Again
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
One thing I was glad to s
Ahmed Hill (2014 Propsect
Connor Mitch
I got robbed in broad day
Victor Hampton Arrested

Old 09-23-2013, 07:02 AM   #1
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0
Default I'm in trouble..

So I decided to look at some cars on Saturday since we were on a bye week. I really didn't have any intention of getting anything right away, but I did want to explore my options. My little 2002 Hyundai had seen better days and was in serious need of repairs that I just had no desire to do.

I have also never owned what I would consider to be a nice vehicle. My first was an $800 junk 1985 Ford Ranger. It had that lovely rust color and dents all over where it had been rolled by the alcoholic I bought it from. I was in high school, and it was all I could afford. My vehicles since then have faired a little better than that, but none were anything to brag about.

So I go riding through a few lots, looking at used VW Jettas and a handful of other responsible cars. I also checked out a couple of Jeep Wranglers since I have always had a love for those things. Anyways I am riding through this one lot when a Mustang caught my eye.

Now I knew there was no way I would be willing to buy one of those things, but it doesn't hurt to look, right? This was a 2012 Mustang V6 coupe with around 45000 miles on it. So I took it for a spin.

And then I talked prices with the dealer. (I got him down to $2k below blue book value.)

Then I talked financing. (I have pretty good credit, so no issue there.)

Anyways long story short, I now have a Mustang:

The problem is that I also have a 2 (almost 3) year old little boy. Now this kid adores nice cars and trains and planes and gold fish. He walked out into the yard when I got home and exclaimed, "MY RACE CAR!!" (Every sporty looking vehicle is a race car to him.)

But it did not end there. He walks up to it and starts petting my new ride. He walks around to the back and gives the car a hug. Then he climbs into the passenger seat, asks his mom to close the door. Then asks me to close my door. And finally says, "OK Let's go!"

So I had to take him for a quick little spin around the block. Over the weekend we drove the car to visit the in-laws and my wife's grand parents and to go out to eat. Normally this boy is a pain in the butt to get ready to go any where. Now all I have to do is say the word "ride" and he cheers as he grabs his clothes and shoes and starts trying to dress himself.

Of course I still have one more week of classes in Aiken, so yesterday I had to pack up and drive back to finish up my class. This boy was sad to see his race car leaving him. After we calmed him down a bit, he went up and gave the car a kiss goodbye.

I am now worried that my son may be at home now plotting my demise.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:17 AM   #2
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Default Re: I'm in trouble..

Dude that car is INSANE. Cool!

And your son is taking notes. Be forewarned

Last edited by spareparts; 09-23-2013 at 07:34 AM.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #3
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1731774588
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

nice, and raising him right
Old 09-23-2013, 02:08 PM   #4
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

I had to get rid of my mustang when my son was young due to room in the car. I was considering getting another one, but now I have a young daughter. Yep...that is on hold for 7 years

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:08 PM   #5
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 1048000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

As a Mustang guy, I hope you got a REALLY good deal if it already has 45k on it. (my 04 is only at 98k) But that thing looks SHARP. Do yourself a favor: http://www.americanmuscle.com

Get a cold air intake, a tuner, and if you can, change out the exhaust. More power, better sound, and more fun. Plus your son will go nuts if he loves the car THAT much and it sounds awesome.

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #6
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

CockyCash: 22107959
Captain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot material

sweet car
Old 09-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #7
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material

Sweet looking stang.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #8
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

K&N air filter first ... then cold air intake (may not need K&N with that, it's been a few years since I've had the mustang and had 'er suped up) ... then flowmasters.

Go to Steeda and get the G-Trac suspension up to stage 2 ... it will all but drop that bad boy on the ground. Upgrade the brakes while you're at it too.

Small, not too expensive upgrades that will turn it into a race car. It may not be a top speed race car, but with the G-Trac stage 2 on it you'll be able to hung a curve going 50 like it's a straight away. Best upgrade I ever put on mine.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #9
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
K&N air filter first ... then cold air intake (may not need K&N with that, it's been a few years since I've had the mustang and had 'er suped up) ... then flowmasters.

Go to Steeda and get the G-Trac suspension up to stage 2 ... it will all but drop that bad boy on the ground. Upgrade the brakes while you're at it too.

Small, not too expensive upgrades that will turn it into a race car. It may not be a top speed race car, but with the G-Trac stage 2 on it you'll be able to hung a curve going 50 like it's a straight away. Best upgrade I ever put on mine.
He can either do the replacement filter (it honestly doesn't do much by itself) or get the Airaid in the link below (it doesn't require a re-tune like the majority of CAI's for the new generation do). BUT, especially if your car's an automatic, I HIGHLY recommend getting a tuner. It's custom tuned to everything you do to your car, you get free retunes for life, and you get the most out of every mod. It'll wake your car the F up.

this is AM's 2011 V6 Project Car: http://www.americanmuscle.com/2011-v6-project-car.html

Given yes, they DID supercharge their car, but even without it, they kicked ass with their mods before they bolted up the Procharger.

To make it a "Race Car":
Cold Air Intake (more air, colder air, and more efficient)
Tune (see above)
Exhaust (axleback makes it sound better, full header-back gives you a boost in power as well)
Rear gears (3.73 is a good middleground for get-up-and-go, 4.10 if you want a little more)
Upper & Lower Control Arms (MUCH better control if you launch it)

Old 09-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #10
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll check the out the upgrades, but my #1 priority right now is to get rid of those racing stripes. After that, we'll see.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #11
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

Very cool car dude. Congratulations. Careful modding. Once you start it's hard to stop.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #12
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll check the out the upgrades, but my #1 priority right now is to get rid of those racing stripes. After that, we'll see.
if nothing else, make them black. matches the wheels, plus blue on black is a damn good looking combo

Old 09-23-2013, 09:13 PM   #13
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1731774588
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchief View Post
if nothing else, make them black. matches the wheels, plus blue on black is a damn good looking combo
This is what I was going to suggest, if you plan on keeping the wheels (I would, I like the black and blue combo too) have that stripe removed and go with black there or black racing stripes from front to back
Old 09-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #14
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

Yeah I'm taking it to a place tomorrow. I'm going to tell them that if there is any trace of there ever being stripes, e.g. the paint has faded, then put black ones in place of the white ones.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #15
DBjr
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
DBjr has feathers coming inDBjr has feathers coming inDBjr has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchief View Post
I agree,black on black looks the best. I love a car with no chrome at all. Black rims stand out.....imo
DBjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:55 PM   #16
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBjr View Post
I agree,black on black looks the best. I love a car with no chrome at all. Black rims stand out.....imo
this is possibly my favorite combination behind Sonic Blue and Chrome.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:36 PM   #17
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

Looooove Sonic Blue. I'm also a fan of both. At first the chrome 20's on my car were getting to me, but they've grown on me.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:11 PM   #18
gamecockfan
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 833
gamecockfan has earned his spursgamecockfan has earned his spursgamecockfan has earned his spursgamecockfan has earned his spursgamecockfan has earned his spursgamecockfan has earned his spurs
Send a message via AIM to gamecockfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
So I decided to look at some cars on Saturday since we were on a bye week. I really didn't have any intention of getting anything right away, but I did want to explore my options. My little 2002 Hyundai had seen better days and was in serious need of repairs that I just had no desire to do.

I have also never owned what I would consider to be a nice vehicle. My first was an $800 junk 1985 Ford Ranger. It had that lovely rust color and dents all over where it had been rolled by the alcoholic I bought it from. I was in high school, and it was all I could afford. My vehicles since then have faired a little better than that, but none were anything to brag about.

So I go riding through a few lots, looking at used VW Jettas and a handful of other responsible cars. I also checked out a couple of Jeep Wranglers since I have always had a love for those things. Anyways I am riding through this one lot when a Mustang caught my eye.

Now I knew there was no way I would be willing to buy one of those things, but it doesn't hurt to look, right? This was a 2012 Mustang V6 coupe with around 45000 miles on it. So I took it for a spin.

And then I talked prices with the dealer. (I got him down to $2k below blue book value.)

Then I talked financing. (I have pretty good credit, so no issue there.)

Anyways long story short, I now have a Mustang:

The problem is that I also have a 2 (almost 3) year old little boy. Now this kid adores nice cars and trains and planes and gold fish. He walked out into the yard when I got home and exclaimed, "MY RACE CAR!!" (Every sporty looking vehicle is a race car to him.)

But it did not end there. He walks up to it and starts petting my new ride. He walks around to the back and gives the car a hug. Then he climbs into the passenger seat, asks his mom to close the door. Then asks me to close my door. And finally says, "OK Let's go!"

So I had to take him for a quick little spin around the block. Over the weekend we drove the car to visit the in-laws and my wife's grand parents and to go out to eat. Normally this boy is a pain in the butt to get ready to go any where. Now all I have to do is say the word "ride" and he cheers as he grabs his clothes and shoes and starts trying to dress himself.

Of course I still have one more week of classes in Aiken, so yesterday I had to pack up and drive back to finish up my class. This boy was sad to see his race car leaving him. After we calmed him down a bit, he went up and gave the car a kiss goodbye.

I am now worried that my son may be at home now plotting my demise.

Where did you buy this? This could be my cousins husbands Mustang. Looks IDENTICAL. Are the back tailights smoked out? He just Traded it in for an Audi!!!
Old 09-24-2013, 02:54 AM   #19
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Not to be that guy but just don't understand buying a V6...
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:42 AM   #20
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockfan View Post
Where did you buy this? This could be my cousins husbands Mustang. Looks IDENTICAL. Are the back tailights smoked out? He just Traded it in for an Audi!!!
Stokes in Beaufort, SC. And no they are not smoked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecOps Cock View Post
Not to be that guy but just don't understand buying a V6...
Well congratulations for being that guy. So allow me to list my reasons, and I certainly hope they meet your approval.
  • This is what they had on the lot, and I liked it.
  • It is my money, and I generally do not allow people to tell me how to spend it.
  • The fuel mileage is better on the V6. And fuel mileage is pretty important to me.
  • My insurance only increased by $20 per month from my old Hyundai.
  • Going 0-60 in under 6 seconds with 305 horse power is plenty fast enough for me. If I ever need to go any faster than that, I've probably done some bad stuff and deserve to be caught.