CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
SMOTFS86
Cockypantherfan
Lonnie
taylorssc
gamecockphan
robgusc76
U-Dub Gamecock
CoverTwo
Spurrier on Pharoah: (4345)
USC/clemson spread (2100)
Bowl projections (1626)
In case no one saw.. (1532)
Why has there been 4 (858)
Odell Becham Catch (853)
A little late to the (735)
No excuse for the D (686)
Tiger Burn (569)
Good Omen for Saturd (456)
College Football PSA (urg
Shaq Roland
The Defense
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo
eric berry may have lymph
No excuse for the D this
Odell Becham Catch
Good Omen for Saturday?
Dylan Thompson surpasses
2015 Commitment - Christi

Old 09-23-2013, 07:32 AM   #1
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Default Are the Dolphins for real?

Win vs. Cleveland: assumed.

Win on the road at Indianapolis: an interesting game, raised eyebrows

Come from behind win vs Atlanta: WTF is going on

Tannehill has the highest QB passing rating and the defense is solid. They have a coach who brought a Green-Bayish system and in a tough division they look like they could beat anyone. Including New England.

Contenders or not?
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:19 AM   #2
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly
Default Re: Are the Dolphins for real?

Hope so. Theyve been my tam since i was born. And my dads since they lved in miami in the 70s.

Only thing they totally got away from their tradition with that new logo and uniform. And they look horrible. Not so much thr uniform. But that logo jeez.

My love for nfl football isnt what itbusd to be anyways.
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 26222586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

I think they are for real. Still lacking in a few areas, but few teams aren't. Very good QB who few talk about. I just hope they can put butts in the seats so they can develop a home field advantage.
Legalman72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #4
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
I think they are for real. Still lacking in a few areas, but few teams aren't. Very good QB who few talk about. I just hope they can put butts in the seats so they can develop a home field advantage.
Idk if theyll ever have a homefield advantage in that stadoum the way it is now. Its to open. And the stands are to far away from the field. Its not a very loud place.

Shoulda never left the orange bowl. Now that was a loud stadium. I bet it was louder than sthr seahawks waa the other night.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #5
spareparts
Banned

Male

spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

I can verify that the Orange bowl was the loudest stadium on the face of the earth. The entire thing was made out of steel beams, metal staircases, metal fixtures, metal bleacher seats, it was like watching a game in a giant bucket of bolts. When that place got to stomping it was like an explosion in a car factory. Unfortunately it was also one of the most decrepit and uncomfortable stadiums you could ever see a game in. Not to mention the fact that the entire upper deck of that stadium was smoking copious amounts of marijuana, so much so that a massive cloud of smoke could be seen rising from the upper deck every single game. It was like a Pink Floyd concert with a football game going on.

Ask yourself this question: how much marijuana do you think was being smoked in the original Orange Bowl during the 1970s and early 1980s football seasons? Then ask yourself about the quality of that marijuana, since you're in the city of Miami during the 1970s and 1980s?

It's no wonder the Dolphins never won another Super Bowl after the early 70s. Miami was the vortex of narcotics in the entire universe for about 10 to 15 years.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #6
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

The orange bowl when the the canes and dolphins were good was a rambunctious place

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #7
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Spare, you should totally make a movie about that.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #8
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Not sure, but I damn sure am thinking of picking up Tannehill as a backup to relieve the pain of Eli Manning in Week 4.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #9
spareparts
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Spare, you should totally make a movie about that.
A fictional account, like Dazed and Confused inside a football stadium, or a documentary, detailing the amount of coke snorted by the Miami Dolphins starters from 1975-1985?

See the problem with the fictional idea is, we would have to rebuild the Orange Bowl for the sake of the movie. I don't have funding
Old 09-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #10
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

I'm hoping they are for real. Certainly have the nod over Buffalo and NY but we will see how they do in week 8 vs the Pats. Then we will know.

Go Phins!
Old 09-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #11
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

Yea pretty sure marino was big in the coke back in the 80s.