CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
roosterdude21
Cockypantherfan
sporkgod50
i29gman
Lalli25
F4rpoole
Thenardier
Spur's Addiction
Gyle41386
qcgamecock
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1797)
The #AskEmmert Q& (574)
Stadium Ratings-Site (417)
Construction of Worl (281)
Peach Bowl name retu (279)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (276)
Save Electricity By (228)
HELP calculating acr (201)
How Experienced In P (133)
NBA Wants to Up Age (128)
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Jameis Winston's Accuser
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
2015 - Tommy Hatton
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
2015 - Davon Durant
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is

Old 09-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #1
crockcock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
crockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurs
Default I was very impressed with the young QB from Flordia Saturday.

He is a dual threat and seems to manage the game well.
crockcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: I was very impressed with the young QB from Flordia Saturday.

Yeah, I hate that he'll have time to mature before we get to him, I kinda wanted Driskell in there.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 397
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Driscoll is a known quantity where Murphy isn't, yet. I would prefer Driscoll but still think we rattle the youngster! He was impressive off the bench, no doubt!
Old 09-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #4
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Always important to wait a couple of games before you can tell much about how a QB is going to perform. Or most other positions for that matter.

Have you ever bought a new driver or golf club and you hit it like a champ until you somehow hit that first bad shot? Then you hit another and you came back down to earth.

I have to believe that there is a reason he was behind Driskel on the depth chart.

Tenn is a very bad team. Lets see how he does when he plays LSU and a couple of other teams that are on the schedule before we play them.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #5
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

Murphy has yet to play in a real SEC environment. Yes, he can do well AT HOME against UT's defense. Let's see what this kid does in Death Valley, Jacksonville, and Williams Brice
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #6
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

I agree OP. UF might have stumbled into a better situation.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #7
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

It'll be interesting to see how he does when teams actually gameplan for him.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:15 PM   #8
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 46943
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Yep, that's usually why backup QBs do so well at times coming off the bench to replace the starter: because opposing defenses gameplanned for the starter and the backup brings a tangible that only he provides. Plus those reserves don't have the pressure on them like a starting QB who prepared all week as the starter would have: a backup usually just thinks about doing well and contributing to the team during a game; the starter often feels he's got the whole team on his shoulders and the entire fanbase depending on him to lead the team to a victory. The pressure is entirely on different levels...

He did well against a rebuilding UT....as stated above let's see how he performs against better SEC opponents on the road (like us!).......
Old 09-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #9
cockywill09
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 647
cockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBigSpur View Post
Murphy has yet to play in a real SEC environment. Yes, he can do well AT HOME against UT's defense. Let's see what this kid does in Death Valley, Jacksonville, and Williams Brice
We have a defense lol j/k we should be ok by then
Old 09-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #10
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

If I read properly he's actually the same year as Driskel. (a junior) Works out well for Florida. He of course he doesn't have the same game experience, but he's got some time under his belt.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #11
crockcock
Recruit

Male

crockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurs

I disagree....one can tell he has all the tools regardless, if it was Tenn or some other elite team. He needs to work on is conditioning...other than that...the kid will get better and be a player.

I was not worried about Driskell before his injury....he is slow, inconsistent passer, but, he manages the game really well. Fla is dangerous now with this new/young squrimmy QB.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #12
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:

I would think the gameplan would be the same for him and Driscol

Trailer Park Supervisor
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #13
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Thats what I was about to say, part of his success was the fact that Tennessee hadnt game planned for that.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #14
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

"Young"...he's a 5th year senior.
GarnetArmy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #15
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

My Florida fan friends are all trying to figure out if they can start Will Grier for the rest of the season.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #16
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

I hope he plays very well against UGA haha
Old 09-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #17
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

He was a 2 star
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #18
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetArmy07 View Post
"Young"...he's a 5th year senior.
Thanks. I knew he was at least an upperclassman but not quite that old.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #19
crockcock
Recruit

Male

He is our Orange/Blue hope! UFLA has a better chance knocking off UGA Murphy than that Oakey slow ass Driskell.....I would love for Murphy to have the game of his life against uga....and get the big win to set a show down with us in Nov at the brice.