CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
b381l
Regalcock
GregoryHouse
U-Dub Gamecock
mpilot0705
crowcutta
kingoftheroost
JerseyBird
catdaddy66
For Discussing The C (3981)
Question about after (2869)
Drew Owens missing? (2623)
Shaq Roland (1815)
Dylan Thompson surpa (1725)
clemson game time: N (1276)
FishFry 47-yarder (852)
The Defense (559)
Mason Rudolph starti (487)
Tenn-Mizzou game (450)
Drew Owens missing?
Question about after the
clemson game time: Noon o
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,000
Dylan Thompson surpasses
For Discussing The Clemso
Winston
Women's soccer Sweet 16 v
Senior Day RB Participant

Old 09-24-2013, 11:40 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - Roquan Smith

Quote:
9/21/2013: South Carolina Gamecocks offer Roquan Smith
per 247 Timeline

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #2
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Roquan Smith

Was at the game Saturday according to BAW.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:19 AM   #3
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

He said he enjoyed it on twitter
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
PvtWarlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:22 AM   #4
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

That's great to hear. How many LB's are we taking next class?
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:27 AM   #5
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

He's a big time LB. Hopefully we can make this work.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #6
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

We are building some awesome depth at lb. Especially if we keep pittman and add another couple studs fot 15'
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #7
theoSCARfan89
Walk On

Male

theoSCARfan89 has hatched from the shell

My guess is Auburn, hope Im wrong
theoSCARfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:46 PM   #8
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Today's setting is not typically ideal for linebackers, but Smith is not your typical linebacker. Possessing the explosiveness and range to cover a lot of ground, Smith shut down running backs on hook and wheel routes. A well built, compact linebacker, Smith has the coveted attributes needed to stay on the field all three downs and in base or sub packages, which increases his value with the spread offenses that are prevalent in college football today.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Chuma-E...ta-NFTC-184440

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 04-01-2014, 11:45 PM   #9
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Are we in it at all with him?
Cockypantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:28 AM   #10
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Kornblut updates since NSD:

Quote:
ne of the most hotly recruited linebackers in the South is Roquan Smith (6-2 204) of Montezuma, GA. Clemson and USC are among his many offers. You can count all of the SEC except LSU and Missouri on his offer list. From the ACC, Clemson, North Carolina, Louisville, Syracuse and Florida State are on board. UCLA was his first offer. His coach, Larry Harold, said Smith is a model prospect off and on the field. “He’s a model leader for our school and a great academic kid. When you have the best player on your team as the hardest worker, that’s what sets him apart.” Smith plays on the inside of a 3-4 defensive alignment and is big play maker. He scored 7 touchdowns on defense last season, and he also played receiver. Smith gained 25 pounds from his sophomore to junior seasons and that just made him a stronger player. “His explosiveness and striking ability on tackling is just phenomenal,” Harold said. “He runs side to side, and we have a pretty fast defense, and he beats everybody to the ball. And I can line him up at safety or corner if I needed to and he could cover as well as anybody.” Last season Smith had 101 tackles with 27 for loss and 8 sacks. He also caught 49 passes for 649 yards and 11 scores. He visited Georgia Tech last weekend and has also visited Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, and he went to USC and Clemson for games last season. He will visit Florida State this weekend. “Early playing time is real important to this kid,” Harold said. “He wants to play right away and he’s looking at the depth charts to see where he measures up.” Clemson and USC have a legitimate shot right now. “Very big interest,” Harold said. “He went to the Florida State-Clemson game and that’s when he received the offer. He really likes coach Venables. And coach Robbie Caldwell has done an excellent job recruiting him. And South Carolina, coach Botkin does a real good job. He came to our game with Peach County and offered him on the spot.” Smith has not yet formulated his favorites list. “It’s all about the same,” Harold said. “He’s a kid that’s very calculating and keeps everything very close to the vest. He should have a top five by the end of the spring.” Harold said he expects Smith to visit Clemson and USC this spring for practices.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ia-linebacker/

Quote:
USC may be the next trip for LB Roquan Smith of Montezuma, GA. The highly-coveted linebacker spoke with USC assistant Kirk Botkin Monday and the pair are in the process of planning a visit.
“Coach Botkin is a great guy and is showing a lot of passion for me,” Smith said. “If I don’t visit next week (for a spring practice), I’ll go to their spring game.”
With most of the ACC and SEC schools, including Clemson and USC, extending Smith offers, the process of narrowing his list has been difficult.
“I’m down to about 13 or 14 and I want to get it down to five before the season starts,” he said. “It’s been really tough because everyone has a lot to offer.”
USC and Clemson are amongst his current list. “Clemson and I are on good terms,” he said. “I’m going to visit there soon. Clemson a great place and Death Valley is special. There is nothing like running down the hill and touching the rock before a game.
“South Carolina has great people. They’ve got a good program and been really consistent lately. I like both schools.”
This spring, Smith has been to spring practices at Florida, Tennessee and Auburn and will be at Georgia April 5th. He does not have any favorites.

Link:
http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...hortened-list/

Last edited by CoverTwo; 04-04-2014 at 01:05 AM.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:18 PM   #11
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Highly sought after LB Roqan Smith of Montezuma, GA made his second visit to Clemson Saturday for the Tigers’ spring game and it was another visit that worked in Clemson’s favor when it comes to the hot competition for the weakside linebacker.”I spent a lot of time with the coaches,” Smith said. “I like what those guys stand for. I talked mostly to coach Venables. He likes my ability and strengths and said they don’t have that on their current roster and I could come in a play early. I also sat down with coach Swinney in his office. “He’s a great guy. I like what he stands for. He’s a great, family oriented guy. And they are a top ten defense, probably a top two in the ACC and they are going to be really good. I could fit in in the Will (linebacker) position. This weekend boosted them up a lot. It’s a great school.
Smith had planned to take a visit to USC the weekend after next but his recruiter Kirk Botkin informed he that he would be on the road recruiting so that trip has been scrapped. Smith said if he visits USC it won’t be until the summer. He has also been to Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, Florida and Florida State. He is going back to Auburn this coming weekend.
Smith said he has no favorites right now. “I’m still open. I’m liking a lot of schoos right now. I’ll shorten my list around the start of my season.” Smith has 30 offers with nearly every SEC and ACC school on his list.

Link:
http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...usc-right-now/

Old 04-21-2014, 05:08 PM   #12
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Is he good friends with BAW?
Old 06-04-2014, 12:31 AM   #13
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
LB Roquan Smith of Montezuma, GA is sitting on more than 30 offers and would like to narrow his list “pretty soon.” Smith would like to get that list down to five or six at the most, and he gave Clemson and USC each a good chance to make that list. He visited Clemson in April and had planned to visit USC as well though he did not make that trip.
“I didn’t get to go but I know I’ll visit this summer,” Smith said. “I’m talking to coach (Kirk) Botkin just about every day and he’s a really good guy.”
Whether or not he will return to Clemson this summer is still up in the air.
“I know I’ll take some more visits but I really haven’t thought about where I’ll go that much, to be honest” he said.
His offers span most of the SEC and ACC. Some of his other offers are Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida State and Georgia.
He did not name a leader.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ebacker-smith/

Old 06-06-2014, 04:26 PM   #14
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

Him and Pittman with BAW would be the future of our lbs. got to get him on campus
Old 09-14-2014, 10:29 PM   #15
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Tells GCC that we have a legitimate chance now and we may get an OV.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:52 PM   #16
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Tells GCC that we have a legitimate chance now and we may get an OV.
247 is showing he was on an OV? Anyone have any info on that
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 03:25 PM   #17
Jim Lahey
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000700
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
it wasn't an OV....see below....

"It was good, I enjoyed it," Smith said. "Coach Ward is a good guy. I liked how the defense played, especially the SPURs."

The 6-foot, 203-pounder also caught up with linebackers coach and lead recruiter Kirk Botkin. What did the two discuss?

"He said what he always says, how bad he wants to coach me and that we could do some great things up at USC together," Smith said.

The atmosphere during the game also made an impression on the four-star backer.

"It's always crazy there," he said. "I enjoyed it and how the fans are."

With a strong visit in the books, does South Carolina now have a legitimate shot with the talented defender?

"They do now," he revealed. "I'm looking to get back up there."

Smith's plan is to take five official visits and then render a decision later in the process. He said that South Carolina is under consideration for one of those trips.

So you're telling me there's a chance.. yeahhhh
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:23 PM   #18
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

This dude can flat out ball. His speed is really good and he looks like he could be a hell of a TE or WR as well.
Cockypantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:13 PM   #19
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Are we thinking spur, or will he add size?
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 12:11 AM   #20
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
So you're telling me there's a chance.. yeahhhh
long shot really......he has a couple more far ahead of us....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote