CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
IBleedGarnetandBlack
b381l
GabbieM
NinjaSven
Gyle41386
kingofnerf
Acockolypse Now
WeStillOwnUSC
zcoop
So, Dylan Thompson? (5356)
Confused fan here. (3769)
Is anybody still opt (3568)
Here's a terrifying (2601)
Predict the Season ( (2411)
Acock's Wrap Up: TAM (1876)
Could Mike Davis Be (1258)
How were the Aggie f (1181)
David Williams?? (1131)
This says it all. (992)
So, Dylan Thompson?
Well, there's still women
Is anybody still optimist
Could Mike Davis Be Back
Acock's Wrap Up: TAMU
Confused fan here. Why i
How were the Aggie fans a
Kevin Sumlin Thoughts.
Here's a terrifying stat
Predict the Season (After

Old 09-25-2013, 07:22 AM   #1
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material
Default Agents of Shield

Anyone watch last night? Thoughts?

It could have potential because there are so many minor heroes in marvel who could make an appearance. Although It was worth watching, I didn't wake up this morning excited about what happens next week ie The Walking Dead or Heroes.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #2
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Agents of Shield

DVR'ed it, looking forward to checking it out.

Pretty ambitious concept, though. Supposedly, this is supposed to be the 'glue' that ties all of the Marvel superhero movies together. If they can pull that off, get the ratings and keep the backing from the network, then it could turn out pretty epic.

That's a big if, though.
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

yeah the pilot wasnt amazing, but thats what i expected. i think it will build and up being very good. im not sure about the cast, i like clark gregg, im not sure about anyone else. i would have loved it if they could have got amy acker on as a regular.
crowcutta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #4
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

Joss Whedon pulled out all the stops in the pilot. I'm a huge Marvel's nerd and the references being made to other Marvel characters were well-timed and kept it interesting. The fact they used extermis (basically a human bomb) in first episode was a bit surprising since Whedon wanted to develop this series more of a separation from the Marvel movies. Being a huge Iron Man fan, I thought it was awesome he incorporated it into the show along w/the cure. Best pilot I've seen in a while. My wife of course loved "Trophy Wife". ABC is starting to compete w/CBS's Monday night line up. Even Agent Hill (Cobie Smulders) made a guest appearance. As soon as "HIMYM" is over, I think she'll take more of a lead role in the series too.
GarnetArmy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #5
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1706674488
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

They could have picked a time slot that would have at least given it a chance...Tuesday night from 8-9 it's competing with NCIS, I am pretty sure it's the highest rated and longest running tv series on tv

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:45 AM   #6
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

I thought the show was good. A two hour pilot would have been epic and certainly would have done well in developing character. One thing is for sure... Phil Courson is a bad a$$ with a killer ride!
Old 09-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #7
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Here is Sepinwall's early review FWIW....

Quote:
The overstuffed nature of the title "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." says a lot about "The Avengers" TV spin-off (it debuts tonight at 8 on ABC) as a whole. It's a show serving multiple masters in ABC, Disney and Marvel — and, in turn, the throng of Marvel superhero films to which the show will be very loosely tied. It has a whole lot of producers, though the most famous and talented of them, Joss Whedon, is too busy making the "Avengers" sequel to be as hands-on as he was in his days with "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Angel" and "Firefly." The pilot episode introduces three different point of entry characters for the audience, on top of mysteriously bringing Clark Gregg's Phil Coulson back from his apparent "Avengers" death. There are many potentially fascinating shows lurking inside the "S.H.I.E.L.D." pilot, but the primary agenda seems to be to make a superpower-flavored "NCIS" — which, conveniently, will be airing right against "SHIELD."

And how is it? It's... okay — quippy in that pleasingly distinctive Joss Whedon way, with a few intriguing ideas about life in a superhero world, but with a cheap look and mostly bland supporting characters. In particular, a lot is asked of both Brett Dalton (as a solo action hero type struggling to play well with others in Coulson's new globe-trotting team) and Chloe Bennet (as a rogue hacker understandably suspicious of a powerful, shadowy, vast spy organization like SHIELD) as two of the show's most important characters (they and guest star J. August Richards are the three POV figures I referred to above) and not a lot is given in return.

gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #8
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

That is...troubling, mainly because I believe NCIS is a horrible show.
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #9
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4445916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

i am watching it now. I got to say melinda may is hot
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #10
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4445916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
I thought the show was good. A two hour pilot would have been epic and certainly would have done well in developing character. One thing is for sure... Phil Courson is a bad a$$ with a killer ride!
loved it when lola went all back to the future style air ride
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:56 AM   #11
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

It was OK.

The characters are all rather 2D and wow....they're all extremely attractive! Because, yeah.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:33 AM   #12
The O.G.
Banned

Male

The O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudly

I rather enjoyed it.
The O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #13
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetArmy07 View Post
Joss Whedon pulled out all the stops in the pilot. I'm a huge Marvel's nerd and the references being made to other Marvel characters were well-timed and kept it interesting. The fact they used extermis (basically a human bomb) in first episode was a bit surprising since Whedon wanted to develop this series more of a separation from the Marvel movies. Being a huge Iron Man fan, I thought it was awesome he incorporated it into the show along w/the cure. Best pilot I've seen in a while. My wife of course loved "Trophy Wife". ABC is starting to compete w/CBS's Monday night line up. Even Agent Hill (Cobie Smulders) made a guest appearance. As soon as "HIMYM" is over, I think she'll take more of a lead role in the series too.

Agreed. I'm not a big Comicbook fan, but enjoy the movies.

I liked the "well you know what they say comes with great power" comment and others like you mentioned.

I liked the show and we'll keep watching. I think some people just create shows/movies in their minds and when it doesn't go exactly like that they don't like it.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:40 PM   #14
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1706674488
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Being reaired now on abc

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:39 PM   #15
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

It was alright, seemed a little childish to me, hope it gets better. Hot chicks in it helps.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #16
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

My favorite line was when Coulson told the woman she had two hours to successfully stop the guy before he exploded. She said that it couldn't be done. Coulson said "Dont ever say that to me!! It's on you, get it done !!"

Badass.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:02 PM   #17
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

So, what exactly was "Tahiti" for Coulson?

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #18
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
So, what exactly was "Tahiti" for Coulson?
I'm assuming that Coulson is actually dead and this is either a Clone or Android of some sort.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:37 PM   #19
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

It's nice to have something kids can watch.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:59 AM   #20
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
I'm assuming that Coulson is actually dead and this is either a Clone or Android of some sort.
I remember someone saying something along the lines of:

Should we tell him?
Nope, it doesn't matter.

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote