CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
johnnyb
Order 66
QCB
markp_vip
taylorssc
ChickenButt
Gamecocks321
l^l^lBGCock
ScottK
No Comments on the H (1258)
Call of Duty: Advanc (404)
Freshman ND WR " (329)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (278)
Vote For Cocky (166)
Things They Should H (160)
Good Riddance to bad (157)
Keeping tailgate foo (147)
An A to Z of Noah We (77)
Vote For Cocky
Texas athletic director:
BAW
Keeping tailgate food saf
Roll call for Auburn
So Disappointed With The
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Who start on the d line t
The Gator Bowl wants us!

Old 09-26-2013, 11:59 PM   #1
Spartan
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Spartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudly
Default ESPN - No More SCAR

I noticed on ESPN that our abbreviation has been changed to just "SC" as opposed to SCAR. I have no idea when this happened or why, but it is a most welcome change! I'm thinking the change happened within the past week or so, since I remember seeing SCAR on previous game summaries.

Here's an example from the Carolina - North Carolina game, or "UNC vs SC" as they have it listed:

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=332412579

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:27 AM   #2
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly
Default Re: ESPN - No More SCAR

That's pretty awesome, and hopefully we'll see it used on our game graphics tomorrow. SC is the state's abbreviation and the obvious choice. (Southern Cal can have USC if they want, but they can't claim SC too.) I've always thought SCAR was pretty dumb.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:34 AM   #3
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

I liked it but not losing any sleep that they changed it.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:40 AM   #4
impirius
Galactic Overlord

Male

impirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot material

Nice. Never liked "SCAR".
Old 09-27-2013, 12:41 AM   #5
CockOla
Game MVP

Male

CockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
I liked it but not losing any sleep that they changed it.
You could add more hours of sleep and SC happiness!
CockOla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:08 AM   #6
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

The marketing department said they wanted us to be labeled SC. I remember people on here upset because it didn't say USC and that SC was too familiar with NC.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:34 AM   #7
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
The marketing department said they wanted us to be labeled SC. I remember people on here upset because it didn't say USC and that SC was too familiar with NC.
The announcers in every game we play call us USC and Carolina, which most people outside the state perceive as So Cal and UNC. I like being labeled SC, gives us a solo identity and it absolutely is not "familiar with NC" I live here in Tar Hole country, nooooooooooooooooo one calls them NC, we are in the clear with the state abbreviation.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:13 AM   #8
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

ESPN hates us
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:29 AM   #9
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

What happened to the interlocking SC dispute with the Trojans?
Old 09-27-2013, 04:32 AM   #10
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock Rob View Post
The announcers in every game we play call us USC and Carolina, which most people outside the state perceive as So Cal and UNC. I like being labeled SC, gives us a solo identity and it absolutely is not "familiar with NC" I live here in Tar Hole country, nooooooooooooooooo one calls them NC, we are in the clear with the state abbreviation.
I'm just relaying why what we published on here.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:27 AM   #11
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
I'm sure their hemp panties are still in a twist over it.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:55 AM   #12
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Sent em a threat tweet to change it back

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian

Last edited by I Bleed Garnet; 09-27-2013 at 08:46 AM.
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:19 AM   #13
12+4=6
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 850
12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to 12+4=6

Great change if it actually sticks. We will see what they have next to us on the score during the game Saturday. Didn't it say SCAR in the Georgia game?
Old 09-27-2013, 08:38 AM   #14
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

They could use USC, SC or Carolina and everyone would know who they were talking about if there is a little number (usually one that is lower than 10) beside that name and its coming up on half decade of that.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #15
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

So does ESPN love us now?
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #16
rolinb1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1310176
rolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12+4=6 View Post
Great change if it actually sticks. We will see what they have next to us on the score during the game Saturday. Didn't it say SCAR in the Georgia game?
Nope...but Georgia calls us USC
Old 09-27-2013, 09:23 AM   #17
12+4=6
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 850
12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to 12+4=6

Ah. Forgot they use the longer names now. I was at the game so I must have just seen SCAR on the bottom line or something. Thanks for the pic
Old 09-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #18
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
We can still use it, just can't trademark it (meaning we don't get any royalties from other people using it), and can't use it to represent any teams other than Softball and Baseball (if memory serves). It was all the biggest crock I've seen. Ray's SC looks NOTHING like their SC. Bunch of whiny pansies on the left coast!
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #19
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 461300
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
We can still use it, just can't trademark it (meaning we don't get any royalties from other people using it), and can't use it to represent any teams other than Softball and Baseball (if memory serves). It was all the biggest crock I've seen. Ray's SC looks NOTHING like their SC. Bunch of whiny pansies on the left coast!

You tell them, Girl
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #20
garnetgolfr
THE University OF SC

Male

CockyCash: 588
garnetgolfr is USC mascot materialgarnetgolfr is USC mascot materialgarnetgolfr is USC mascot materialgarnetgolfr is USC mascot materialgarnetgolfr is USC mascot materialgarnetgolfr is USC mascot materialgarnetgolfr is USC mascot materialgarnetgolfr is USC mascot materialgarnetgolfr is USC mascot materialgarnetgolfr is USC mascot materialgarnetgolfr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock Rob View Post
I'm with ya here in the Tarhole state and frequent Wrightsville Beach quite a lot as well for fishing. Still wear my Carolina gear and love the eye rolling from these snob ass Hole fans. NC State fans are cool though because they hate UNC.

"...BUT THOSE STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS AIN'T BAD EITHER..."
garnetgolfr is offline   Reply With Quote