CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JulesWinnfield90
COCKYTALKIN
l^l^lBGCock
black_magic85
BiscoCocky
BlueHerons
Gamecocks1137
trapper82
rolinb1
thekob
Spurrier: Davis May (5417)
TAMU Starting CB Out (3265)
Your SEC Standings P (1745)
Clowney possibly hur (1472)
an apology (1228)
Devonte Holloman Ret (1172)
Our players and the (966)
Aggie looking forwar (661)
Cockaboose Owners (643)
First "Carolina (552)
Tim Howard out
Devonte Holloman Retiring
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
New Sign at Williams Bric
Article on Shaw & the
and the #1 2014 acc must
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
As things currently stand
JD & DJ Getting Love
Your SEC Standings Predic

Old 09-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
SteveWalsh4Canes
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
SteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudly
Default Kudos to the Cocks who NEVER GIVE UP

Our boys stuck it out. Sure they had a bad 1st half, but they showed A LOT of heart coming back, ON THE ROAD, against a team which took the measure of PSU in Happy Valley. SOS and the coaches made all of the proper halftime adjustments, and the fellas came out and kicked some SERIOUS "you know what!" in the 2nd half. DOMINANT performance by the Big Boys on the OL after halftime. They just pounded UCF all half long, "SEC-STYLE", babycakes. Two final points before I head out to The Golden Corral for dinner:

1-Thankfully, our team and coaches have a lot more HEART than some of the negative nancies on this board, who were ready to forfeit this game in the first half. "Worst team ever", "back to the old Carolina," "as bad as the Lou Holtz Cocks", "no way we make the SEC title game now, we are horrible", etc. etc. etc." Cocky would shake his head in shame at ALL of you nancies. This emoticon is for all of you:

2-Was it just me, or does George O-Leary look like he might drop dead of skin cancer any second? Dude's face looks HORRIBLE. He might wanna go see a doctor or something.

Anyway, GO COCKS!! GREAT WIN ON THE ROAD!!!!!!!!! Thanks to all WHO DIDN'T LOSE FAITH in the first half!
SteveWalsh4Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #2
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material
Default Re: Kudos to the Cocks who NEVER GIVE UP

LOL at the O'leary comments haha

But yeh I never gave up.. I wanted to, but I am a young Gamecock Fan... my father or mother, or uncles would have given up on them.. But we aren't the old Carolina. This is the new Carolina.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #3
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Mandatory "I told you so" thread

Don't change, Cockytalk
spareparts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #4
SteveWalsh4Canes
Banned

Male

SteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
LOL at the O'leary comments haha

But yeh I never gave up.. I wanted to, but I am a young Gamecock Fan... my father or mother, or uncles would have given up on them.. But we aren't the old Carolina. This is the new Carolina.
well said, Clowney. Glad to see that I wasn't the only Cock who DIDN'T give up on this team in the first half of today's game! Way to keep the faith!
Old 09-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #5
No Curse
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2504
No Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveWalsh4Canes View Post
Our boys stuck it out. Sure they had a bad 1st half, but they showed A LOT of heart coming back, ON THE ROAD, against a team which took the measure of PSU in Happy Valley. SOS and the coaches made all of the proper halftime adjustments, and the fellas came out and kicked some SERIOUS "you know what!" in the 2nd half. DOMINANT performance by the Big Boys on the OL after halftime. They just pounded UCF all half long, "SEC-STYLE", babycakes. Two final points before I head out to The Golden Corral for dinner:

1-Thankfully, our team and coaches have a lot more HEART than some of the negative nancies on this board, who were ready to forfeit this game in the first half. "Worst team ever", "back to the old Carolina," "as bad as the Lou Holtz Cocks", "no way we make the SEC title game now, we are horrible", etc. etc. etc." Cocky would shake his head in shame at ALL of you nancies. This emoticon is for all of you:

2-Was it just me, or does George O-Leary look like he might drop dead of skin cancer any second? Dude's face looks HORRIBLE. He might wanna go see a doctor or something.

Anyway, GO COCKS!! GREAT WIN ON THE ROAD!!!!!!!!! Thanks to all WHO DIDN'T LOSE FAITH in the first half!
not that there is anything wrong with that
No Curse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #6
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Our defense just needs to be coached up , a bit more ! Tough win, but a win !
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #7
No Curse
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2504
No Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPit

[/ATTACH]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveWalsh4Canes View Post

Name:  tumblr_melfnaYtKX1rkffv3o1_500.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  18.9 KB
No Curse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #8
SteveWalsh4Canes
Banned

Male

it was a great win!
Old 09-28-2013, 05:55 PM   #9
jonick
4-Star

Male

jonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudly

Spurrier insisted on throwing the whole first half,, didn't work...had the power offense in the playbook the whole time ... where was the change after the 1st quarter...adjustment at halftime..come on...that could have been done earlier...You think he said I'm gonna keep doing this until it works or I get desperate to change things..we played in the 3rd quarter the way we should have started the game...jmo.
jonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:07 PM   #10
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonick View Post
Spurrier insisted on throwing the whole first half,, didn't work...had the power offense in the playbook the whole time ... where was the change after the 1st quarter...adjustment at halftime..come on...that could have been done earlier...You think he said I'm gonna keep doing this until it works or I get desperate to change things..we played in the 3rd quarter the way we should have started the game...jmo.
I love them arm chair coaches.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #11
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit

We were down...and did not play our best...but won...we do that the rest of the year...I will be happy ..as long as we keep winning
pimpingamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #12
Harry Tuttle
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
It doesn't take a coach to see Davis had 4 carries in the first half and we outweighed them by hundreds of pounds. I trust Spur to win though.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #13
jonick
4-Star

Male

jonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudly

Quote:
You never said I was wrong...this whole board in some situations are arm chair quarterbacks...make a comment , don't attack the poster...
Old 09-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #14
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonick View Post
You never said I was wrong...this whole board in some situations are arm chair quarterbacks...make a comment , don't attack the poster...
I didnt, I said I love arm chair coaches lol
Old 09-28-2013, 08:02 PM   #15
jonick
4-Star

Male

Quote:
I didnt, I said I love arm chair coaches lol
you say tomato I say tomatoe, cuse me, arm chair coaches.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #16
gin house
Blue Chip

Male

gin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his comb

Ive never been negative but reality struck me today. Some are sunshine pumping over a comeback win over a second tier school. We recruit lightyears ahead of these guys and look second rate to them. I cant find the positive in barely beating a second rate team in a 45,000 seat stadium. Our coaching is horrible. Our playcalling i think is usually pretty good but it was horrible, if there was a way to screw it up it seems we did. I cant get up that we beat UCF by 3 points after embarrasing ourselves the first half. Meanwhile UGA just beat a National powerhouse in LSU.... Anybody who thinks we are an SEC contender is crazy. The way we are coaching and playing we would embarrase ourself at the thought of the SECCG. I hate to say it but its the truth. On the bright side thank God we have Mike Davis. I hope SOS decides to use him like we did Lattimore. Im sick of the QB keep, we arent tricking anyone and Davis is a much better option carring the ball. This year sucks.
gin house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #17
SteveWalsh4Canes
Banned

Male

gin house, I was just disgusted with all of the people who were ready to abandon our Cocks in the "game thread." Cocky would be ashamed of them!
Old 09-28-2013, 09:16 PM   #18
seamus
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 0
seamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudly

I loved it when we came out in the second half in the power I and ran the ball right at them. I had a good feeling about the outcome after the first second half play.

I'm not at all happy with the way our defense played, even though we won. I was plenty upset with all the mistakes, and the questionable officiating, but I never lost hope.
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote