CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
spareparts
auslander
sporkgod50
Acockolypse Now
conwaycock2
scfanohio
Goofyboy
Gamecockfanatic4
M.C.
SwampFox
My predictions for 2 (849)
An Aggies View of th (731)
Tennessee (491)
Mike Davis' HS Coach (385)
SEC Recruiting Advan (337)
Clowney in Practice (326)
Question on Student (289)
Erin Murray's brothe (243)
Camp scheduled relea (228)
Galaxy vs Seatle (196)
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Green and Lammons
Question on Student Secti
Galaxy vs Seatle
2015 - Zack Bailey
2016 - Brandon McIlwain
Hello Gamecocks!
2015 Commitment - Davon D
Tennessee
Clowney Spares RB Big Hit

Old 09-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Davis > Lattimore

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Default Re: Davis > Lattimore

Apples to oranges, no?

Latti was very Barry Sanders-ish, sweeping runs

Davis is just pounding like a Bad Brains bootleg
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #3
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Maybe in play, but character is a whole other issue.

Lets just say they equal each other out lol
Old 09-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
Flab
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Flab has hatched from the shell

Guy in the Mike Davis thread just said he is no lattimore. I completely disagree. They have different running styles. I think mike has the potential to be better than lattimore by the time he's done here.
Flab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #5
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I would like to have seen Lattimore run behind this offensive line.

I am not saying I disagree with you. Just saying I would like to have seen him run behind these guys
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #6
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Be glad we've had both as gamecocks . Let's not forget Big George !
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #7
uga dawg
Banned

Male

uga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudly

my god.......please....
uga dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #8
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

cant say that. they are both great backs and have done a lot for usc and who knows, without lattimore we may not have davis or some other great players we've gotten
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #9
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uga dawg View Post
my god.......please....
You better save those prayers for the LSU game brah
Old 09-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #10
roosterdave
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 553
roosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talons

I would've like to have seen latti run on 2 good legs behind this o-line for that matter
Old 09-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #11
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

I will say: THIS team needs Davis way more than the 2010, 2011, and 2012 team needed Latt.
JDRAY^# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #12
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdave View Post
I would've like to have seen latti run on 2 good legs behind this o-line for that matter
Yep.. Latti caught the injury bug while here at USC.. his stat an TD numbers would have been incredible had he not got injured or had this O-line.

BTW REmember when our O Line was horrible? lol
Old 09-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #13
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

i dont believe davis is that much faster if at all than a 100% lattimore, but he's done a better job of running to daylight on the 2nd level for whatever reason.

i get the same feeling watching both run though. great feet, great desire from both.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #14
Harry Tuttle
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

It would be interesting to see what Davis would do with 30+ touches.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #15
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Tuttle View Post
Your looking at a 250 yard 5 td performance. This guy will be in Heisman talk before this year is over.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #16
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Tuttle View Post
He'd be elite

Like I said in the Davis thread, I can see it happening because of the Shaw/Wilds situation
Old 09-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #17
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
i dont believe davis is that much faster if at all than a 100% lattimore, but he's done a better job of running to daylight on the 2nd level for whatever reason.

i get the same feeling watching both run though. great feet, great desire from both.

1) Davis is faster than Lattimore.

2) Lattimore is one of the best at anticipating angles and setting up blocks.

3) Davis should probably get more touches.

4) I-Formation
Old 09-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #18
cocky-K
Recruit

Female

cocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his comb

He's got more speed. But better? No. Different styles. Different strengths. Mike Davis for speed, but I'd take Latt in the red zone and 3rd or 4th and short, any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
cocky-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #19
MDCox
Two Deep

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Winning the Board Bowl Contest 
CockyCash: 1740616
MDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Apples to oranges, no?

Latti was very Barry Sanders-ish, sweeping runs

Davis is just pounding like a Bad Brains bootleg

Lattimore is/was nothing like Barry Sanders.

If you type in all caps I am not reading your post. Simple as that.
MDCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #20
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCox View Post
Lattimore is/was nothing like Barry Sanders.
Was, yes

Bring it