CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
GarnetSwarm1990
doubledribble
Lonnie
Cocks N Stuff
El Cid Ranger
Master Bedroom
So Disappointed With (1805)
Rank the QBs under S (1353)
Back like cooked cra (945)
Tennessee game (649)
Who start on the d l (607)
Google finally gets (471)
No Comments on the H (441)
lack of production= (377)
Squats (332)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (153)
7 on 7 flag football bloc
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Why I think we beat Aubur
So Disappointed With The
Thoughts on the basketbal
Back like cooked crack
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
If the Head Ball Coach re
Vote For Cocky

Old 09-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
TheLoudOne
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
TheLoudOne has hatched from the shell
Default Rest of season now?

I am curious now as to what the rest of our season looks like now. I still am very confused as to how the the whole championship/bowl shit works.
Is there any chance we can go to the SEC Championship or are we just stuck with another bowl game?
Old 09-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
Carolina4eva
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Rest of season now?

We don't need to be worried about the SEC title game. That's the difference between good teams and us.....Good teams take care of their business for their self, we sit back and hope teams lose so that we get in. If we played in the title game against a Bama/LSU we would get embarrassed.

Army National Guard
Carolina4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #3
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
bigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his comb

Game over. Georgia's not losing two games after winning this one
Old 09-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #4
Joe
Recruit

Male

Joe is sharpening his clawsJoe is sharpening his clawsJoe is sharpening his clawsJoe is sharpening his clawsJoe is sharpening his claws

To simplify it. Georgia needs to lose two SEC games and we would need to win the remainder of our SEC games in order for us to get to the championship game.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #5
cockyguitar
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudly

I wouldn't even worry about the SEC Title Game right now if I were Spurrier. He's got more problems to worry about right now. Just need to take it one game at a time and see what happens. That's all you can do.
cockyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #6
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4eva View Post
We don't need to be worried about the SEC title game. That's the difference between good teams and us.....Good teams take care of their business for their self, we sit back and hope teams lose so that we get in. If we played in the title game against a Bama/LSU we would get embarrassed.
I wanted to start a thread saying this. Alabama, LSU, Georgia, and aTm, aren't afraid of each other. They don't care what their schedule looks like ...they just win anyway. What's so bad about it is that cLIMPson beat LSU and Georgia back to back...and we beat cLIMPson, so we know that we can do it, but, for some reason, we're still skeered of certain teams.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #7
cockyguitar
Bowl MVP

Male

cockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
To simplify it. Georgia needs to lose two SEC games and we would need to win the remainder of our SEC games in order for us to get to the championship game.
This. The way Georgia just beat LSU I don't see them losing two, maybe one, but definitely not two. Heck it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't lose another game at all.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #8
cockyguitar
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikenRooster View Post
I wanted to start a thread saying this. Alabama, LSU, Georgia, and aTm, aren't afraid of each other. They don't care what their schedule looks like ...they just win anyway. What's so bad about it is that cLIMPson beat LSU and Georgia back to back...and we beat cLIMPson, so we know that we can do it, but, for some reason, we're still skeered of certain teams.
I agree. Don't complain about the schedule, just go out there and expect to win.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #9
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikenRooster View Post
Technically, we beat Clemson and then they went on to beat LSU and UGA b2b. That makes a huge difference when you talk about some teams' ability to make changes and turn it on when it counts. We are not the same team that beat CU last year, but they look quite better.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #10
GamecockRocker
Cynical Optimist

Male

GamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLoudOne View Post
I am curious now as to what the rest of our season looks like now. I still am very confused as to how the the whole championship/bowl shit works.
Is there any chance we can go to the SEC Championship or are we just stuck with another bowl game?
Go undefeated from here out, add the thumb and hope we can get our first BCS bowl and 12 win season, those are now the goals. It is now very unlikely Ga will lose 2 SEC games and get us to Atlanta but there are things to play for.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #11
fbvolpb89
Recruit

Male

fbvolpb89 has feathers coming infbvolpb89 has feathers coming infbvolpb89 has feathers coming in

In an effort to not be so negative: We could still have a 12 win season. We can still go to a BCS bowl.

This is what is wrong with the BCS. You can lose one game and kiss all hope goodbye. At least next year there would still be a chance with the playoffs.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #12
atlcocky
Recruit

Female

atlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his comb

Meh, they can still have a good season but the sec is off the table. Unfortunate that when we finally have an offense that can hang, our D takes 2 steps back. Young team though, so we can build on this year. I've prepared myself to root for UGA against clemson in the national championship. Hurts my soul
atlcocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:32 PM   #13
jhaze7683
4-Star

Male

jhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudly

Win out, end up playing for the SEC, and from there, we will see.