CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Badazcock
b381l
Gamecockswag
cocksmith1or11
kingofnerf
NAGamecockFan
The Yancey
Travelin
conwaycock2
Freshman ND WR " (1144)
Good Riddance to bad (602)
The Comeback & T (528)
Bashing Players, coa (464)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (400)
Keeping tailgate foo (389)
ESPN Game Day Commen (294)
An A to Z of Noah We (277)
TeMarcus Blanton (250)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (247)
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Simple "yes" or
TeMarcus Blanton
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Why I think we beat Aubur
Rest of the season predic
Battlefield 4
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Auburn game

Old 09-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material
Default Spurrier pissed about Defense.

Spurrier seems to get what everybody is talking about. I personally think you will see changes in the secondary coaches at the end of the season. This is just my take on it so don't bash my head in.
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
Gamecock1983
I kill threads.

Male

CockyCash: 10204
Gamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Spurrier pissed about Defense.

He d@^m well should be.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Watch the vid it speaks for itself
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #4
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

CockyCash: 500
Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

I'll believe it when I see it...and why wasn't this noticed earlier?
Old 09-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #5
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

"Ooookkk....oh shit, that's too low, let me try this one..."

Love it.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:41 PM   #6
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

"Ohh shit, that's to low"

"If I had any damn sense"

Never heard him talk like that, you can bet the team had a "Glad we won but we gotta do better then this BS" type of speech.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #7
SteveWalsh4Canes
Banned

Male

SteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudly

haha, and everyone almost bit my head off when I said that SOS was unhappy with Wham and his unit a few weeks ago. Looks like I was, perhaps closer to the truth than anyone wanted to admit back then.
SteveWalsh4Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:43 PM   #8
gin house
Blue Chip

Male

gin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his comb

Spurrier likes to win and i do too so yeah i say there will be at least one change at the end of the season. WHen OBC has to step in and try to show you how to play defense, well, you suck.
gin house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #9
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Damn he's mad, as he kinda should.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #10
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

With Georgia winning and us having no chance of going to Atlanta, this year, I wonder....
Old 09-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #11
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Damn he's mad, as he kinda should.
Add the playoffs too.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #12
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Another road win for Dylan!
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #13
SteveWalsh4Canes
Banned

Male

SteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin house View Post
Spurrier likes to win and i do too so yeah i say there will be at least one change at the end of the season. WHen OBC has to step in and try to show you how to play defense, well, you suck.
that is EXACTLY what I said gin house a few weeks ago, when SOS said that it appeared as if he would have to make a "few suggestions" to "help out" the DC. I knew right then and there that Wham was in trouble, but nobody wanted to believe me. Told ya.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #14
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Not worried about offensive TOs, bad coaching hires, or suspect recruiting?
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #15
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

I think the video at: http://www.gogamecocks.com/2013/09/2...-comments.html

is probably more telling than Spurrier's.

The facts are we are just not playing the right schemes or something on defense. What I can't figure out is why not try man coverage?

I DO think we had SEVERAL bounces not go our way such as the crap targeting call and others. It would be nice to be healthy and have Clowney feeling his best, etc. Dylan played overwhelmed 2/3rds of the game. Our oline was not that good either, despite the fact that we got good running yardage.

Does anyone think we'd have beaten Wake Forest 56-7 today? Yea, me neither.

Right now we are way overrated and of course we're now playing for something other than an SEC east deal. That's all but gone now. Without improvement, Kentucky will give us fits and Arkansas will kick our asses. Not sure about Florida.

I said after the first game we'd lose 3-4 games and it's really looking like we will. Here's another prediction that you have to be Nostradamus to make: More than two defensive coaches won't be around within weeks of the end of the season.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:53 PM   #16
jonick
4-Star

Male

jonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudly

Didn't hear the obvious, if there is somebody better, why weren't they out there to start with...to me it's more mental mistakes than physical...I have seen young teams make up for mental with physical play..just me, but I don't see that mentally in the secondary at times...and it's just more obvious in games like this...
jonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #17
SteveWalsh4Canes
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetmike View Post
I think the video at: http://www.gogamecocks.com/2013/09/2...-comments.html

is probably more telling than Spurrier's.

The facts are we are just not playing the right schemes or something on defense. What I can't figure out is why not try man coverage?

I DO think we had SEVERAL bounces not go our way such as the crap targeting call and others. It would be nice to be healthy and have Clowney feeling his best, etc. Dylan played overwhelmed 2/3rds of the game. Our oline was not that good either, despite the fact that we got good running yardage.

Does anyone think we'd have beaten Wake Forest 56-7 today? Yea, me neither.

Right now we are way overrated and of course we're now playing for something other than an SEC east deal. That's all but gone now. Without improvement, Kentucky will give us fits and Arkansas will kick our asses. Not sure about Florida.

I said after the first game we'd lose 3-4 games and it's really looking like we will. Here's another prediction that you have to be Nostradamus to make: More than two defensive coaches won't be around within weeks of the end of the season.
Mike, with all due respect, Arkansas is horrible (they got housed by Rutgers, for crying out loud) and UF ain't exactly a powerhouse this year. COCKY can easily take both of them down, in addition to UK. Don't lose the faith, man!!! After all, we DID WIN today!
Old 09-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #18
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

So...David Williams as backup RB next week?
Not impressed with Shon.

But man, he was pissed off, and he had every right to be.
He believes in letting his D coach run the D, and he runs the O.
If he has to step in on the D, look out, because someone or a few changes will be made.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #19
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Yes recruiting is apart of the problem also. Too many people on here settle for low ranking recruiting classes. Well y'all go a head a keep that mentality all you want. Your fooling yourself. Georgia, Alabama, Florida, LSU have dominating recruiting classes with top of the line coaches...and here's another thing, they pay them coaches well too. So don't ask why we're not in the promise land. It's obvious now.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #20
SteveWalsh4Canes
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
So...David Williams as backup RB next week?
Not impressed with Shon.

But man, he was pissed off, and he had every right to be.
He believes in letting his D coach run the D, and he runs the O.
If he has to step in on the D, look out, because someone or a few changes will be made.

^^^and that is EXACTLY what I said a few weeks ago, roosterboy!