CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
taylorssc
Gamecocks1137
JerseyBird
Regalcock
ConwayGamecock
b381l
GregoryHouse
U-Dub Gamecock
FlorenceCock
gamecockgal
For Discussing The C (4746)
Question about after (3687)
Drew Owens missing? (2982)
Shaq Roland (2390)
Dylan Thompson surpa (2013)
clemson game time: N (1635)
The Defense (1046)
FishFry 47-yarder (964)
Mason Rudolph starti (660)
Women's soccer Sweet (600)
Women's soccer Sweet 16 v
**USC Women vs. San Diego
For Discussing The Clemso
Charlotte Hornet Basketba
clemson game time: Noon o
Question about after the
Clowney Sack Today +/- 1.
S%^t My Twitter Says...
injury report?
THE Vent and Coaching Cha

Old 09-30-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Exclamation Cack's Toast Of The Game: UCF

So the good guys move to 3-1, but still not where we expect our boys to be.

I don't think there's any point to delay on this one ...

THE CACK'S TOAST OF THE GAME AGAINST CENTRAL FLORIDA ... FOR THE SECOND TIME THIS SEASON ... IS ... MIKE DAVIS

We couldn't figure anything out that could work on Offense or Defense in the first half, but Spurrier came out the 2nd half and said "here, stop us" and they couldn't.

Mike busted his 4th career 50+ yard run, and finished with a career high in yards and TDs. He picked up the big chunks of yards and the small gains when we needed him to. As my sig shows ... he's taking off for the record books and quickly adding his name to the list of great backs at Carolina.

Honorable Mentions:
Connor McLaurin - Probably could have included him with the Oline, but McLaurin needed some love for himself. Haven't seen some fullback blocking like that since Patrick Dimarco ran people over. He picked up a couple of HUGE blocks that opened the lanes for Davis.

Oline - For the 4th straight game, these guys have impressed me. THIS is the type of play we have been wanting from the big uglies.

Vic Hampton - While the rest of the DBs looked like we had Tyrone Nix calling the "bend but don't break" defense. Vic stepped up and make a couple of great plays for us.

That's all we have for this week. I usually try to do 5 honorable mentions, but I can't think of anyone else that really deserves it. I wanted to give it to the wide receivers but you have the wide open pass that Jones dropped. I can't give it to either QB, because neither played worth a piss. The Defense ... 'nuff said. So, this is where we are this week.

EVERYONE RAISE YOUR GLASS ... HERE'S TO YOU AGAIN, MIKE DAVIS

Week 1 - Offensive Line
Week 2 - Mike Davis
Week 3 - The Receivers
Week 4 - Mike Davis

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

Last edited by cack; 09-30-2013 at 12:42 PM.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #2
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cack's Toast Of The Game: UCF

I see a trend developing...and I like it!
Old 09-30-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post

THE CACK'S TOAST OF THE GAME AGAINST CENTRAL FLORIDA ... FOR THE SECOND TIME THIS SEASON ... IS ... MIKE DAVIS

We couldn't figure anything out that could work on Offense or Defense in the first half, but Spurrier came out the 2nd half and said "here, stop us" and they couldn't.

Mike busted his 4th career 50+ yard run, and finished with a career high in yards and TDs. He picked up the big chunks of yards and the small gains when we needed him to. As my sig shows ... he's taking off for the record books and quickly adding his name to the list of great backs at Carolina.

Honorable Mentions:
Jordan Diaz - Probably could have included him with the Oline, but Diaz needed some love for himself. Haven't seen some fullback blocking like that since Patrick Dimarco ran people over. He picked up a couple of HUGE blocks that opened the lanes for Davis.

Oline - For the 4th straight game, these guys have impressed me. THIS is the type of play we have been wanting from the big uglies.

Vic Hampton - While the rest of the DBs looked like we had Tyrone Nix calling the "bend but don't break" defense. Vic stepped up and make a couple of great plays for us.

That's all we have for this week. I usually try to do 5 honorable mentions, but I can't think of anyone else that really deserves it. I wanted to give it to the wide receivers but you have the wide open pass that Jones dropped. I can't give it to either QB, because neither played worth a piss. The Defense ... 'nuff said. So, this is where we are this week.

Week 1 - Offensive Line
Week 2 - Mike Davis
Week 3 - The Receivers
Week 4 - Mike Davis

That was Connor McLaurin Cack.
GarnetArmy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:36 PM   #4
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

Hull deserves a mention IMO
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #5
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetArmy07 View Post

You're right, I thought it was Diaz for some reason.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:58 PM   #6
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

Quote:
You're right, I thought it was Diaz for some reason.
Gotcha back brotha
GarnetArmy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:59 PM   #7
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetArmy07 View Post
Yes the Full Back was Connor McLaurin, and if I gave a toast it would be to him. He played the perfect game. MD got the stats, and is on his way to breaking some records at the school.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #8
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

He is awesome

The way things are going, you may have to award him AGAIN before the season is out. I don't think he's satisfied with what he's done

Scary
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #9
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

So say we all.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:13 PM   #10
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Vic Hampton will not let a play go wide! He gets into position and defeats blocks on the perimeter. Then he makes a tackle for short gain or a loss!
Old 09-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #11
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
Yes the Full Back was Connor McLaurin, and if I gave a toast it would be to him. He played the perfect game. MD got the stats, and is on his way to breaking some records at the school.
Give somebody a toast and he doesn't have the flashy stats ... get called out for it. Give a guy a toast that had the flashy stats over the guy that opened the plays up and didn't get the stats ... get called out for it.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #12
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Give somebody a toast and he doesn't have the flashy stats ... get called out for it. Give a guy a toast that had the flashy stats over the guy that opened the plays up and didn't get the stats ... get called out for it.
It's a lose lose situation, haha. I didn't say you should change your opinion, but that I gave my toast to Connor. At the rate Mike Davis is going I wouldn't be surprised if you gave him the rest of the toast.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #13
Spurrier Fan
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Spurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his comb

That was maybe the easiest call ever. I clicked on the thread anyways to see if you had hit your head prior and choose someone else.
Spurrier Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:00 PM   #14
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Connor McLaurin played very well in that game. Coach said he blocked perfectly, and should be getting a gameball.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #15
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
Connor McLaurin played very well in that game. Coach said he blocked perfectly, and should be getting a gameball.

But didn't say the Cack's Toast

Old 09-30-2013, 04:52 PM   #16
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Quote:

Honorable Mentions:
Connor McLaurin - Probably could have included him with the Oline, but McLaurin needed some love for himself. Haven't seen some fullback blocking like that since Patrick Dimarco ran people over. He picked up a couple of HUGE blocks that opened the lanes for Davis.

Week 1 - Offensive Line
Week 2 - Mike Davis
Week 3 - The Receivers
Week 4 - Mike Davis
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #17
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Have to say OL and the FB played the most complete games. Had MD not fumbled and nearly cost us the game, he'd have it. He did play very well other than putting the ball on the ground at a critical point in the game.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:58 PM   #18
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:06 PM   #19
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Here's another honorable mention: Steve Spurrier. I think pretty much everyone who watched the first half of the game against UCF probably kept asking the question, "Why aren't we running the ball more?" For the first time in a long time, Spurrier swallowed his pride during halftime and decided to commit to running the ball out of a power formation. We all saw the result in the second half, and that ended up being the difference in the game.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:53 PM   #20
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

I have your 5th Honorable Mention (you're welcome!)...but, it isn't a person, it is an offensive alignment... The "I" Formation ...or at least its return. I agree with the quote from you below, the game changed when we simply quit the cutesy gimmicky stuff and pulled a little Vince/old school Packer's ball and said, "This is what we are going to run, we aren't going to change it until you stop it" and they couldn't. We played to our strengths and we won doing that. It was lining up in the "I" formation that allowed us to exploit our strengths and for that this formation, or at least the decision to return to it, should receive the 5th, and most desired, Honorable Mention this week.

Quote:

to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote