CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
gamecockgal
b381l
Order 66
garnet_black215
DTGCOCKS#32
Pw00132
Ahmad
wumarshall82
JerseyBird
Thoughts on Shawn El (1689)
10-2 (1679)
UK promoting a black (1576)
Four UK Players Susp (1047)
Coach Gaines: " (991)
Time for a new coach (954)
I Was Dealing With T (767)
Build a New Stadium (663)
Connor Shaw's fault. (662)
Since everyone loves (513)
How much $$ would you lit
Connor Mitch
400 pasing yards
Four UK Players Suspended
UK promoting a blackout f
2015 Commitment - Jaire A
Build a New Stadium
Coach Gaines: "Not m
Maty Mauk tries to take o
Funny?

Old 09-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material
Default Current students at USC, THIS GAME IS BIG!

We have several recruits coming to this game, some that have committed to us already but are wavering while others are on the fence about committing to us at all. Spread the word to your fellow students that we need them to show up, stay put and cheer loudly. Our team plays better with a crowd that is into it. This one game could be the deciding factor in some guys choosing to come here or not.

It is a night game, so there is no sun in your eyes or heat to beat.

It is on Saturday, so you don't have class the next day.

It is on Oct. 5th so there is no National Holiday to pull you away.

You have 7 total home games this year. 7. And as a student section, we've wasted 2. There are 358 other days of the year you can follow co-eds around and drink beer.

This will be your last home game until NOVEMBER 2nd, lose your voice and have a month to get it back.

In short, there are no excuses this time. You've been called out by the media, by the coaches, and by the team itself. And I know its not just the students, but you are taking the brunt of the blow. You can let it happen, again, or try to change it.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #2
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: Current students at USC, THIS GAME IS BIG!

I agree.
No excuse.
They mass exodus again and changes I think will be made.

YOu have no excuse to leave.
Enjoy this game, because you won't have one till next month.

We need a good show to sway some recruits (I think Wes Green and Arden Key are visiting, so time to sway them back).
Show up, and for god sake's Greek's, for once in your careers as students, do something useful besides serving your selves.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #3
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

don't count on a strong showing. I'm sure it will be full for a while but once we get a pretty good lead, and I expect we will, everyone will leave. This is just reality until changes are made in the student ticketing process. The minority of us will stay until the end, sing the alma mater and enjoy 1 of our last 5 games as a student here.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #4
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

You can't even get on the ticket website right now. It's crashing because of the volume. It's parent's weekend, a night game, and our last home game for awhile. There will be a big following.

I for one will be there till the end of the game (unless it's like a 54-3 game like 2 years ago and might leave a few minutes early)
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #5
usc90grad
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

It's a night game, so I suspect the students will show up pretty strong. But if we get a big lead, the student section will be virtually empty come the 3rd quarter.
usc90grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:33 PM   #6
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Show up. Be loud! Stay thru the good and the bad. Leave AFTER the game. Party like a Gamecock!!

(In that order)
Old 09-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #7
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Get crunk.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #8
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Get crunk.
If by crunk you mean drunk, then yes. They will, haha
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:06 AM   #9
tallyp
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 250
tallyp is sharpening his clawstallyp is sharpening his clawstallyp is sharpening his clawstallyp is sharpening his claws

I understand how important this game is and as a student plan on staying until the end, but I would assume almost every student that is a big enough fan to be on Cockytalk would already be staying until the end.
tallyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:56 AM   #10
The Octopus
Recruit

Male

The Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
uhhh...
The Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #11
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
Hell yes.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #12
wilsonhallbarons
USC '17

Male

CockyCash: 10013328
wilsonhallbarons is USC mascot materialwilsonhallbarons is USC mascot materialwilsonhallbarons is USC mascot materialwilsonhallbarons is USC mascot materialwilsonhallbarons is USC mascot materialwilsonhallbarons is USC mascot materialwilsonhallbarons is USC mascot materialwilsonhallbarons is USC mascot materialwilsonhallbarons is USC mascot materialwilsonhallbarons is USC mascot materialwilsonhallbarons is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to wilsonhallbarons

Yea the website to get tickets has been so busy that its been crashing since it became available yesterday. Filling the seats is definitely not a problem, keeping them filled is.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #13
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Lot's of big time recruits will be at the game. Need the team and fans to show out.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #14
jared
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb

I'll be there start to finish. But this game won't be any different.. If we get up big, which I expect us to do, the student section will start emptying. Until they change the way the system works, the problem will not be fixed.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:41 PM   #15
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyp View Post
I understand how important this game is and as a student plan on staying until the end, but I would assume almost every student that is a big enough fan to be on Cockytalk would already be staying until the end.
That's why I said to spread the word, put up signs, get on your desk in class and make an announcement, do what it takes!
Old 10-02-2013, 03:24 AM   #16
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

We need to go ahead and start a fans leaving vent thread.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #17
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Same thing for this game. This should be a big recruiting weekend
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #18
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBigSpur View Post
You can't even get on the ticket website right now. It's crashing because of the volume. It's parent's weekend, a night game, and our last home game for awhile. There will be a big following.

I for one will be there till the end of the game (unless it's like a 54-3 game like 2 years ago and might leave a few minutes early)
What do you mean? we have two home games right after this one.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:19 PM   #19
usc51
Household Name

Male

usc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
What do you mean? we have two home games right after this one.
This is an old thread, made before the Kentucky game.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #20
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

My friend's younger sister (current student) came to my tailgate before the MSU game. She said "Yeah, I don't stay the whole game. I leave because I got the tickets for free so it doesn't matter." smh.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote