CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
The Yancey
Gamecocks1137
catdaddy66
SMOTFS86
B-G
doubledribble
JaxcockFL
crowcutta
Regalcock
GregoryHouse
Franks boy's are pla (1652)
Has the window close (974)
Bruce!!! (818)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (717)
Kentucky is dominati (649)
Question for those w (578)
UFC Fight Night 58: (379)
It's that time of ye (216)
This one gets better (166)
Going to the Duck Bo (154)
official UFC thread. (new
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota
Streaming nfl games
SOLID OAK ENTERTAINMENT C
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
My early Monday dinner .
Going to the Duck Bowl?
The Vent and Coaching cha

Old 09-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material
Default O-Line/Rushing O

Did the fans, players, and coaches learn something new about our offense after half time? I did

We used to win close games with suffocating defense. Those days are long gone.

We have a dominant o-line that is bigger and stronger than the opposition. These 230lb defensive ends have no chance (Here's looking at you Beasley) Never before, In my life, Have we had this. T.O.P and mentally/physically breaking the oppositions D is our new weapon. Its time to recognize and change our strengths. No more options from the shotgun on 4th/1. No more passing on 3rd and 3. No more shotgun formations a majority of our snaps. We line up... and use arguably the best o-line and RB in the SEC to make these smaller teams pay. Punch them in the damn mouth. There Is a reason Davis got 150+ yards and 3 td's in less than a half of play.

We have to embrace this... regardless if we like it or not... it works and looks to be our identity.
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: O-Line/Rushing O

The offense has been balanced all year long.

Sure, the formations and plays will probably change with a pocket passer now at the helm. They aren't going to ask Thompson to run around and make plays with his feet so that'll put more of a burden on Davis to get the rush yardage.

But we also become a lot easier to defend if the passing game is erratic.

Staying balanced (and multiple) is a must or we are in even more trouble.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #3
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
The offense has been balanced all year long.

Sure, the formations and plays will probably change with a pocket passer now at the helm. They aren't going to ask Thompson to run around and make plays with his feet so that'll put more of a burden on Davis to get the rush yardage.

But we also become a lot easier to defend if the passing game is erratic.

Staying balanced (and multiple) is a must or we are in even more trouble.
We have the personnel to run an array of different looks... its nice. I was extremely disappointed to see us not run the ball in the first half effectively. When the rb has a lead blocker or two... its highly effective. It just appeared to be a confidence booster for the whole team and hopefully SOS learned we can trust these guys to line up and punch others in the mouth. I know he wants to sling the rock but sometimes it appears we try to hard
Old 09-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #4
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

I think the reason Steve left the ball in the air was an attempt to get Dylan going. If Dylan were able to hit on some of the passes he missed, Spurrier would've started to mix in the running game sooner. But thats been an issue with Steve since Year 1. When he has a gun slinger back there, he wants to get his QB in a rhythm as soon as possible. Can't really fault him for that I suppose, but I agree, can't forget about your horse. I think it'll improve.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #5
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I think the reason Steve left the ball in the air was an attempt to get Dylan going. If Dylan were able to hit on some of the passes he missed, Spurrier would've started to mix in the running game sooner. But thats been an issue with Steve since Year 1. When he has a gun slinger back there, he wants to get his QB in a rhythm as soon as possible. Can't really fault him for that I suppose, but I agree, can't forget about your horse.
didn't really consider that as a reason. Makes total sense considering DT feeds off his own accomplishments. As much as im excited to see him be under center... im more excited to see his leadership role. Might be the spark we need. He is passionate. He is a leader. IMO we need those two things more than beefier lb's and angry dlinemen.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #6
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

CockyCash: 500
gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

Thank you coach Elliott!!
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:11 PM   #7
purebredcock
Show Me.

Male

purebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via AIM to purebredcock

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
Did the fans, players, and coaches learn something new about our offense after half time? I did

We used to win close games with suffocating defense. Those days are long gone.

We have a dominant o-line that is bigger and stronger than the opposition. These 230lb defensive ends have no chance (Here's looking at you Beasley) Never before, In my life, Have we had this. T.O.P and mentally/physically breaking the oppositions D is our new weapon. Its time to recognize and change our strengths. No more options from the shotgun on 4th/1. No more passing on 3rd and 3. No more shotgun formations a majority of our snaps. We line up... and use arguably the best o-line and RB in the SEC to make these smaller teams pay. Punch them in the damn mouth. There Is a reason Davis got 150+ yards and 3 td's in less than a half of play.

We have to embrace this... regardless if we like it or not... it works and looks to be our identity.
I like it. Probably the biggest online at usc since God made adam .....use them! I think there was one run between the tackles called the first half ..........a ton was called in thsecond half and it was the difference
#1 debbie downer
purebredcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #8
purebredcock
Show Me.

Male

purebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via AIM to purebredcock

Nevertheless its exciting I think this can be the best line at USC ever!
#1 debbie downer
purebredcock is offline   Reply With Quote