CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
ZenUSC
The Yancey
5lbYardcock
GH
18IsTheMan
StormOfTalons
ut_vols13
conwaycock2
garnet_black215
Gamecock football Lo (2135)
Mike Davis "dou (1846)
Gamecocks D staff re (1262)
The Demise of the 3- (1049)
who thinks we need a (960)
Pirate Depth Chart (914)
Past SEC Champions w (659)
Reginald Bowens (629)
Why didn't Wes Green (530)
Eastern Michigan's C (344)
The Demise of the 3-4
Did we ever go after Kenn
Mike Davis "doubtful
Tanner McEvoy should've s
Carolina opens -15.5
Past SEC Champions who ha
East Carolina Prediction
New app: South Carolina G
Connor Shaw Browns
Eastern Michigan's Concre

Old 10-01-2013, 12:44 AM   #1
jhaze7683
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
jhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudly
Default There is a lot of...

Between the doubt and the giving up, there is just not a lot of spirit in this room for our Gamecocks... Before Spurrier we would see a 6,7,8 win season as the best thing ever... now because we got a few recruits to play at W-BS, and a lot of national exposure, we all of a sudden decided to turn into these entitled fans...

I will be honest... If I knew that the fans of today will be willing to give up 1/3 of the way through the season after 1 loss, in this day and age of Gamecock football, I would have became a fan of another team (you can trust me that it sure as hell would not have been clemson)... But just because we "want" something, doesn't give us the right to just go off and quit being the classy Carolina fans that I grew up knowing.

One thing we all keep forgetting is that THE GAME of football is A GAME... A game! It's a distraction from life! I was at the Falcons Game last night, and with a little less than 10 mins in the 4th, that place emptied out quicker than a public pool with a turd floating... I DO NOT like it when people give up on their team because it appears to be over... That's not fair to the team who has worked HARD all off season, and its not fair to those who would give their very last dollar to sit in your seat in the stadiums...

So, if anything, we all need to turn our attitudes around and allow the game to be that... just a game. I'm not saying not to expect the best from the coaches and the players, but do not allow it to make you go off on social media as a crybaby.

I will tell you this. I will ride this ship, this season, if it sinks or swims. I am behind my Gamecocks 1000%, and there will be no waivering in my emotions. I believe that we will be in Atlanta come December 7. I believe that georgia will slip and fall somewhere in the season, and we will finish out this season 11-1 going into Atlanta... Just because I believe it doesn't make me right... I know that there is a lot of room for error and I know I could be totally wrong, but NO ONE, is going to shake my faith. If you dont like it, so be it. You don't have to ride this one with me, but I will not allow anymore doubters, or quitters, or any other loudmouth who never played a down, get to me.

You all have a WONDERFUL day, and may The Good Lord bless you all.

GO COCKS!!!

Last edited by jhaze7683; 10-01-2013 at 07:41 AM.
jhaze7683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:58 AM   #2
wilbert G willigers
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
wilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurs
Default Re: There is a lot of...

A MEN!

Great post

I know our expectations are higher than they have ever been, but it is about time we appreciate what our football program has become. It seems like yesterday that a victory over Tennessee or Georgia was a godsend, now we beat them on the regular. The saying "Rome wasn't built in a day" cannot apply more to SEC football, it take many years of dedication and superb coaching to reach the top. We are close, but not quite there. Lets just sit back and enjoy the fact that we now expectations of 11 and 12 win seasons, and not 7 win seasons

PS: younger fans may not understand this post
Old 10-01-2013, 01:13 AM   #3
wilbert G willigers
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
wilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurs

I don't know about all that, OBC and Spurrier are boys, thats why OBC pursued Whammy from ARK in the first place. Whammy will get all the opportunities to succeed here a USC. I think Ward is a good defensive mind, it is just hard to compensate for the lack of inexperience at the LB and Spur positions. Anyone who expected the D to be as stout as last years D was crazy, that's all.

Last edited by TheMule; 10-01-2013 at 08:23 AM.
wilbert G willigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:29 AM   #4
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Spurrier doesn't do defense.

Last edited by TheMule; 10-01-2013 at 08:24 AM.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:36 AM   #5
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaze7683 View Post
Between the doubt and the giving up, there is just not a lot of spirit in this room for our Gamecocks... Before Spurrier we would see a 6,7,8 win season as the best thing ever... now because we got a few recruits to play at W-BS, and a lot of national exposure, we all of a sudden decided to turn into these entitled fans...

I will be honest... If I new that the fans of today will be willing to give up 1/3 of the way through the season after 1 loss, in this day and age of Gamecock football, I would have became a fan of another team (you can trust me that it sure as hell would have been clemson)... But just because we "want" something, doesn't give us the right to just go off and quit being the classy Carolina fans that I grew up knowing.

One thing we all keep forgetting is that THE GAME of football is A GAME... A game! It's a distraction from life! I was at the Falcons Game last night, and with a little less than 10 mins in the 4th, that place emptied out quicker than a public pool with a turd floating... I DO NOT like it when people give up on their team because it appears to be over... That's not fair to the team who has worked HARD all off season, and its not fair to those who would give their very last dollar to sit in your seat in the stadiums...

So, if anything, we all need to turn our attitudes around and allow the game to be that... just a game. I'm not saying not to expect the best from the coaches and the players, but do not allow it to make you go off on social media as a crybaby.

I will tell you this. I will ride this ship, this season, if it sinks or swims. I am behind my Gamecocks 1000%, and there will be no waivering in my emotions. I believe that we will be in Atlanta come December 7. I believe that georgia will slip and fall somewhere in the season, and we will finish out this season 11-1 going into Atlanta... Just because I believe it doesn't make me right... I know that there is a lot of room for error and I know I could be totally wrong, but NO ONE, is going to shake my faith. If you dont like it, so be it. You don't have to ride this one with me, but I will not allow anymore doubters, or quitters, or any other loudmouth who never played a down, get to me.

GO COCKS!!!
I've done the whole ra-ra! schtick for years, man. It doesn't do it for me anymore. I'm not a cheerleader. I am just waiting for this team to win the big one. I'll leave all that fan faith and ra-ra stuff to you. Fans come in all types. No reason to talk smack to them just because they think differently than you. Some fans are okay with effort, some only care about results and look at realistic probability when it comes to our chances of success as opposed to always believing things will break our way against all odds. It's just the way it is. Not telling you not to complain about that on social media, but it won't change.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:25 AM   #6
superfly
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material

In the age of instant everything, I think we as Gamecocks have been very good at waiting. Spurrier has taken us to another level. That does not mean he can win a championship. I am a fanatic (fan) but I am also a realist. There is something wrong and I said it before the season started and was railed. We have a serious problem guys and it is going to come out shortly. Some will be shocked...and some of us saw it coming months ago. The infighting is real.....and its no secret to the players. The problem starts at the top...and I love the guy.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:48 AM   #7
jhaze7683
4-Star

Male

jhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudly

where the hell does Coach Ward fit into ANYTHING that I said?

jhaze7683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:12 AM   #8
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

7:40 on a Tuesday morning and we already have the dumbest post of the day.

garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #9
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly View Post
In the age of instant everything, I think we as Gamecocks have been very good at waiting. Spurrier has taken us to another level. That does not mean he can win a championship. I am a fanatic (fan) but I am also a realist. There is something wrong and I said it before the season started and was railed. We have a serious problem guys and it is going to come out shortly. Some will be shocked...and some of us saw it coming months ago. The infighting is real.....and its no secret to the players. The problem starts at the top...and I love the guy.
Why don't you just share it here if you seem to know what it is?
Old 10-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #10
copperbeech69
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 349
copperbeech69 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
7:40 on a Tuesday morning and we already have the dumbest post of the day.

are you the judge of dumb posts? good for you, what an occupation to have. hope your day goes smoother by dissing a fellow gamecock fan.
copperbeech69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #11
Blackland
Blue Chip

Male

Blackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his comb

Too much hype before the season; win the East, play for the MNC, win a Heisman. Reality is a b1tch; it's a rebuilding year on defense, the East is probably going to UGA, Heisman is probably going to an offensive player, and we will probably lose another game or two.

8-3 isn't so bad unless you were lead to expect 11-0.
Blackland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:04 AM   #12
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

From day one on campus, Spurrier has preached about changing the culture around Carolina Football. Now when fans post that they expect more, others come out and say that they're not real fans and we should be greatful to win 6,7,8 games. Spurrier wants the fan base to feel entitled, he wants us to expect nothing but the best every single game. I'm not saying we have to be snotty delusional dimwits, but he wants us to be upset when we win a game but don't play up to expectations. Are you saying Clowney and Vic Hampton were wrong in their post game interview because they feel like they're entitled to having better performances around them on the field?

This isn't directed so much at the OP here (but slightly is given he openly admits he would pull for another team if he'd known we would expect better), but the fans that come out and say "we should just be happy with any win we can get", that's old Carolina and if you choose to jump ship ... I'll throw a floatation device out for you.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #13
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperbeech69 View Post
are you the judge of dumb posts? good for you, what an occupation to have. hope your day goes smoother by dissing a fellow gamecock fan.
No, but I know a dumb post when I see one.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #14
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperbeech69 View Post
It was (coach bashing and name calling.) I deleted it and where it was quoted instead of deleting the whole thread.

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #15
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I've done the whole ra-ra! schtick for years, man. It doesn't do it for me anymore. I'm not a cheerleader. I am just waiting for this team to win the big one. I'll leave all that fan faith and ra-ra stuff to you. Fans come in all types. No reason to talk smack to them just because they think differently than you. Some fans are okay with effort, some only care about results and look at realistic probability when it comes to our chances of success as opposed to always believing things will break our way against all odds. It's just the way it is. Not telling you not to complain about that on social media, but it won't change.

+1

Trailer Park Supervisor
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #16
southerntramp
Game MVP

Male

southerntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudly

2 Bits!
4 Bits
6 Bits
A dollar!
All for the Gamecocks stand up and holler!!!!!! :-)
southerntramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #17
superfly
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Why don't you just share it here if you seem to know what it is?
My brother works closely with the athletic dept and he just said a few things. He has a good relationship with Tanner so I would rather not say because it is still his opinion...not facts , just based on what he has seen.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #18
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
From day one on campus, Spurrier has preached about changing the culture around Carolina Football. Now when fans post that they expect more, others come out and say that they're not real fans and we should be greatful to win 6,7,8 games. Spurrier wants the fan base to feel entitled, he wants us to expect nothing but the best every single game. I'm not saying we have to be snotty delusional dimwits, but he wants us to be upset when we win a game but don't play up to expectations. Are you saying Clowney and Vic Hampton were wrong in their post game interview because they feel like they're entitled to having better performances around them on the field?

This isn't directed so much at the OP here (but slightly is given he openly admits he would pull for another team if he'd known we would expect better), but the fans that come out and say "we should just be happy with any win we can get", that's old Carolina and if you choose to jump ship ... I'll throw a floatation device out for you.
Well said. Just because I don't think we will be winning the East and am going to be grumpy for another year about losing the crucial game that put us in the situation, that doesn't mean that I am jumping ship on the team.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #19
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackland View Post
Too much hype before the season; win the East, play for the MNC, win a Heisman. Reality is a b1tch; it's a rebuilding year on defense, the East is probably going to UGA, Heisman is probably going to an offensive player, and we will probably lose another game or two.

8-3 isn't so bad unless you were lead to expect 11-0.
I don't think it was too much hype. UGA isn't that much better than us, it was just their day. Even with how awful our defense has been we are 3-1 through the toughest part of our schedule. There is nothing wrong with high expectations when there is reason for them. We had them before that loss. Not so much after. What accomplishments are realistic changes from game to game.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #20
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaze7683 View Post

I will be honest... If I knew that the fans of today will be willing to give up 1/3 of the way through the season after 1 loss, in this day and age of Gamecock football, I would have became a fan of another team (you can trust me that it sure as hell would not have been clemson)... But just because we "want" something, doesn't give us the right to just go off and quit being the classy Carolina fans that I grew up knowing.

GO COCKS!!!

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote