CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Acockolypse Now
COCKYTALKIN
thekob
b381l
sporkgod50
StormOfTalons
Rooster'srule
Lonnie
auslander
Elcid99 (1860)
Tennessee (1191)
PSU drops a prospect (986)
Erin Murray's brothe (759)
Question on Student (673)
Bad movies that are (546)
John Abraham DUI (474)
Camp scheduled relea (443)
Mizzou WR suspended (355)
Rokevious Watkins cu (244)
BBBRRRUUUUUCCCEEEE!!!!
Green and Lammons
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
SEC Recruiting Advantage
An Aggies View of the Mat
Question about tailgating
John Abraham DUI
Official SEC Network and
Clemson, Auburn home and
Mizzou WR suspended for s

Old 10-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material
Default Spurrier the Diplomat...

Watching coach's Tuesday pressed has me really wondering if some of today's business and political correctness, etc isn't making coach have to tone down his banter. I wonder if he's not being muzzled a bit.

For example weeks ago he complained about fans and students leaving early and today he made a point to say that he appreciates fans buying tickets...and he understood leaving in the 3rd quarter which is contrary to what he's said in the past. He said he thought the students should stay and sing the alma mater...but he understood fans leaving to beat the traffic, etc. Even said he did it...

He also toned down his own demeanor on the defense and spoke to the youth and how kids performed better in games and others in practice.

Just kind of an odd feeling that perhaps he's getting a little guidance to self edit his own negativity in some cases. Not a bad thing, just that I'm not sure I will enjoy a diplomatic, watered down version of coach Spurrier.

Thoughts?
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spurrier the Diplomat...

I agree that it was a whole lot different from last Saturday night.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #3
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Did you see the ron morris press conference last year bro? No one can shackle the HBC; he has FU money and has had it since about 1996.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #4
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

It's not at all the first time that Spurrier has been at USC where he made some emotional comments after disappointing games in post-game pressers, only to have reversed or softened his stances later in the week after watching game film or cooling down from it. It's just that we haven't had many instances in the past 2-3 seasons where we have made him too angry or disappointed, so we are forgetting those past moments. Let's not freak out too much here...
Old 10-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #5
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

I don't want a toned down diplomatic HBC I want the cocky, arrogant, take no prisoners smart ass HBC, he has no need to muzzle anything he needs to kick it up.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #6
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Why should Spurrier get all upset just because a bunch of ill informed fans think the world is coming to an end. Spurrier said two weeks ago that he understood why fans left.

These fans doing all the complaining need to calm down.

And Frankly I am sick and tired of the Chief and his tough guy talk on the radio. He needs to check his mouth. That includes Coach Guge too. They don't know the Gamecock defense better than Coach Ward. Coach Deke has several top DL recruits lined up and fans need to stop bashing USC.
ZenUSC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #7
gin house
Blue Chip

Male

gin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his comb

Let Spurrier be himself. His is a living Legend and i want him around as long as possible. Leave the other crap to someone else, let him run the football program as he sees fit and let it all out.
gin house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #8
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Could be he had time to settle down and gather himself after three days. I would imagine he said a lot of what he did after the game Saturday largely because of emotion and frustration.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #9
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
I don't want a toned down diplomatic HBC I want the cocky, arrogant, take no prisoners smart ass HBC, he has no need to muzzle anything he needs to kick it up.
I agree!!!!!

I want the "I'll hang half a hundred on you just because I can" coach that he was before here and Washington...the one that irritated me 1 week each season...not a mellow yellow version of him...
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #10
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 476700
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

I want the KICK ASS Coach
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #11
DJ35
4-Star

Male

DJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybusiness2 View Post
I want the KICK ASS Coach
+1
DJ35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:47 PM   #12
TAFC 5 1981
Blue Chip

Male

TAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talons

Well if he gets too soft; get Kiffin as a spokesperson; that will spark things back up
Old 10-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #13
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

well i take it as a thank you to the fans for supporting his team even though the product on the field is disgusting
Old 10-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #14
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK View Post
well i take it as a thank you to the fans for supporting his team even though the product on the field is disgusting
Good grief. 3-1 13th in the nation and that is disgusting? Check your overzealous expectations at the door please. Unless of course you were being facitious.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #15
CackDiesel
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 47813
CackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPit

I got the exact same feeling from his presser. It sounded as though he was asked to tone it down at the very least.
Not trying to read into what he said but did the "grateful" comment about Stoops jump out at anyone else?

CackDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:05 AM   #16
Legalman72
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 19718410
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

A great leader has many clubs in the bag. Spurrier is a great leader. He can take it many directions.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #17
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

An official document per usc was just released kissing the students asses just so they will stay the whole game. It doesn't take a rocket scientist in order to make the connection of why spurrier has eased up. Ray told him to ease up. Whats the point of making these changes if the coach is going to crack heads at the same time? Pure business is what it is.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote