CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
taylorssc
KaneisAble
GamecockSuperFan
DTGCOCKS#32
ShutTheSuccop
Master Bedroom
GarnetSwarm1990
The Yancey
Pw00132
HBC Weekly Presser (1341)
Thompson Has Neck In (1169)
Nosovitch (689)
Zone Read Analysis w (639)
What fish do you eat (599)
KY Suspends 4 Player (525)
Clowney didnt get ma (450)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (422)
4th & 1 Play (372)
Request (288)
2016 - Tavien Feaster
Mizzou's 30sec touchdown
One player could have cha
Funny?
State talent drying up
QB Recruiting Strategy
HBC Weekly Presser
10-2
Defer Or Not?
Thompson Has Neck Injury

Old 10-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #1
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster
Default Anyone ever seen a concert at the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach?

How big is the floor(the tickets are general admission, so I'm assuming standing room only)? It says they have a restaurant, but is it separate from the floor? When you have a ticket to go to the show, are you not allowed in the restaurant and vice versa? What is the "pass the line" about on their website? Why would I have to skip a line, if I get their early for a show? Does it have a curfew? There are supposed to be three bands, and the show starts at 8:30pm. How long will the show last?

If anyone can tell me about the HOB in MB, let me know. Thanks, J.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:21 AM   #2
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Anyone ever seen a concert at the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach?

i went once to see Yonder Mountain String Band like 4 years ago or something like that so i cant answer most of your questions but I will say I think the floor was a pretty good size, there was alot of ppl there but we all easily had enough room to dance
Old 10-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #3
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Restaurant and music hall are separate. Here is the seating chart: http://www.gotickets.com/venues/sc/h...f_blues-sc.php

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #4
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Seen 15+ shows there.

Restaurant is separate, floor is decent size, there are steps down that lead to the floor - standing on the steps will give you a better view. There are bars on the left, right and back of the venue. Upstairs offers good views as well. Bathroom is tucked in the back corner and can be a cluster f#ck getting in and out, especailly if you go during set break.

They pack that place tight. Maybe 3,000 people deep?

IDK about the line skip thing.

Curfew - maybe midnight? But I'm pretty sure some of the WSP shows in the late 90's raged until about 1:00 am.

The place used to be wide open as far as security and you could partake in any type of party favor without concern for being busted. More recently they have security walking through the audience tossing people for as little as smoking a cigarette.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #5
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material

Thx for the replies.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #6
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Went to a bunch in the late 90's. Sadly I can't remember. But I had a great time!

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #7
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

CockyCash: 500
Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material

I go there about every week, it's a lot of fun
Old 10-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #8
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

CockyCash: 1000
GoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikenRooster View Post
How big is the floor(the tickets are general admission, so I'm assuming standing room only)? It says they have a restaurant, but is it separate from the floor? When you have a ticket to go to the show, are you not allowed in the restaurant and vice versa? What is the "pass the line" about on their website? Why would I have to skip a line, if I get their early for a show? Does it have a curfew? There are supposed to be three bands, and the show starts at 8:30pm. How long will the show last?

If anyone can tell me about the HOB in MB, let me know. Thanks, J.
When I was in college I was going to 3-4 concerts a month, or so it seemed. Needless to say, The floor is standing only. The stage is elevated and there is about a 3-4 foot gap between the barricade and the stage. As mentioned above, if the show sells well, it gets extremely tight on the floor, especially during the show. When I was in college, the pass the line/crash the barricade promotion was a deal where you can eat in the restaurant the day of the show, show your receipt, and they would let you go in a back door before the main line, hence passing the line/crash the barricade. I did this a few times, but unless you're seeing a major act, I don't know if it is worth it. There may be 2-3 rows of people up on the barricade before the main line is let in. Usually, I would just force my way to the front during the show. Depending on the bands playing, you're looking at 30-45 minute for each of the warm up acts and about a hour for the headliner. 20-30 minutes between sets, maybe? Don't really remember. Some took longer than others because sometimes they would put all the band's drum sets on the stage at once, so they would only need to tear down the kits after the show.

Who are you seeing?
GoCCUChants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #9
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

I've seen about 5 shows there since 99 and the floor is spacious. The bars are very convienient to the floor. Good view from most spots but I have not been on the upper floor. For one show they offered a cookout meal preshow (hamburgers and hotdogs).

Saw Blue Oyster Cult, Alice Cooper, Queenschryche, and a couple of local bands. Had a blast every time! Don't know about the restaurant though. I ate at Dicks Last Resort...
Old 10-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #10
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCCUChants View Post
When I was in college I was going to 3-4 concerts a month, or so it seemed. Needless to say, The floor is standing only. The stage is elevated and there is about a 3-4 foot gap between the barricade and the stage. As mentioned above, if the show sells well, it gets extremely tight on the floor, especially during the show. When I was in college, the pass the line/crash the barricade promotion was a deal where you can eat in the restaurant the day of the show, show your receipt, and they would let you go in a back door before the main line, hence passing the line/crash the barricade. I did this a few times, but unless you're seeing a major act, I don't know if it is worth it. There may be 2-3 rows of people up on the barricade before the main line is let in. Usually, I would just force my way to the front during the show. Depending on the bands playing, you're looking at 30-45 minute for each of the warm up acts and about a hour for the headliner. 20-30 minutes between sets, maybe? Don't really remember. Some took longer than others because sometimes they would put all the band's drum sets on the stage at once, so they would only need to tear down the kits after the show.

Who are you seeing?
Yeah, that was what I wanted to know. We may do this.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:24 AM   #11
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

CockyCash: 500
Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material

I'm guessing you're seeing third eye blind
Old 10-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #12
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofacock View Post
I'm guessing you're seeing third eye blind
Megadeth and Fear Factory.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #13
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCCUChants View Post

Who are you seeing?
Yeah, everything you said is correct. I called the box office and got one GA ticket, for me, and one ticket upstairs, on a pew, for my wife(which was twice as much as my ticket), and reservations for dinner before the concert. We prepaid $20, each, for the meal, so, "when we go around back," as she said, for the show, we jump to the front of the line. Now, we just gotta book the hotel rooms, which will be el-cheapo, since it's after Thanksgiving!
Old 10-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #14
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikenRooster View Post
Megadeth and Fear Factory.
Nice! Wanted to go there on a lark one time to see tenacious D when we heard they were in town but tickets were way more than we were hoping. Would've been rad though.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote