CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
StormOfTalons
b381l
GarnetBlack&Blue
2000grad
JerseyBird
gromweat
Acockolypse Now
NinjaSven
WeStill0wnUSC
Ahmad
Nick Chubb (6385)
Spurrier Presser (2220)
Cack's Toast of the (1736)
Spurrier: Davis Will (1719)
Rankings (1522)
Update: Brison Willi (1374)
3-4 "D" Ke (1361)
Will Devin ever suit (1112)
Over reacting? (538)
New to Cockytalk... (420)
Nick Chubb
Cack's Toast of the Game:
Why won't Spurrier implem
Update: Brison Williams i
Rankings
Whiskey QB 2014
No Fun League Strikes Aga
2015 Commitment - Shameik
All of our defensive play
Uniform thread

Old 10-05-2013, 09:01 AM   #1
demoncock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
demoncock has hatched from the shell
Default Playoff selection committee

SIAP, but didn't see a thread on this anywhere. Does anyone else see a problem with this?

REPORT: ARKANSAS A.D. JEFF LONG EXPECTED ON FOOTBALL PLAYOFF COMMITTEE
October 4th, 2013 11:06 AM ║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell

When the College Football Playoff starts in 2014, the selection committee will have 12-18 members. One of them is expected to be Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long.

The Associated Press says Long along with fellow athletic directors Pat Haden of USC and Dan Radakovich of Clemson are expected to be named to the panel thatís also expected to include former players, coaches and administrators. The AP says Long did not immediately respond to a request for a comment.

CBS.com has reported that West Virginia AD Oliver Luck and Wisconsin AD Barry Alvarez are expected to a part of the committee.

The panel is expected to be completed by the end of the season.

Post Comments Ľ 0 Comments
demoncock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #2
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material
Default Re: Playoff selection committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoncock View Post
SIAP, but didn't see a thread on this anywhere. Does anyone else see a problem with this?

REPORT: ARKANSAS A.D. JEFF LONG EXPECTED ON FOOTBALL PLAYOFF COMMITTEE
October 4th, 2013 11:06 AM ║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell

When the College Football Playoff starts in 2014, the selection committee will have 12-18 members. One of them is expected to be Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long.

The Associated Press says Long along with fellow athletic directors Pat Haden of USC and Dan Radakovich of Clemson are expected to be named to the panel thatís also expected to include former players, coaches and administrators. The AP says Long did not immediately respond to a request for a comment.

CBS.com has reported that West Virginia AD Oliver Luck and Wisconsin AD Barry Alvarez are expected to a part of the committee.

The panel is expected to be completed by the end of the season.

Post Comments Ľ 0 Comments
they think the BCS is screwed up? This is going to be a cluster ****. First off.... NOONE should be on the committee if they currently have a job at a university
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #3
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

I'm not too worried about who is on the committee as long as the criteria is clear. If it similar to the BCS the only issue last year would have been Florida v. Oregon and I don't think that would have been too hard of a decision.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #4
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
they think the BCS is screwed up? This is going to be a cluster ****. First off.... NOONE should be on the committee if they currently have a job at a university
Isn't that how the NCAA basketball committee works?
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #5
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
Isn't that how the NCAA basketball committee works?
I wouldn't know. I don't get into b-ball
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #6
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Archie Manning, Condeleezza Rice, Pat Haden (SoCal ad), Tyrone Willingham, Radokvich (Clemson ad), Oliver Luck (WVU ad), Mike Tranghese (former commissioner BigEast), Steve Wieberg (sportswriter), Tom Jernstedt (former NCAA exec VP), Ret. Lt. Gen. Micheal Gould (former AirForce Academy Superintendent are all on the list. They have said there will be at least 1 AD from each of the power conferences. So SEC, BIG10, and Big12 still have an ad to be named. They have said 12-18 members and currently are at 10 members. Look for at least the three more ADs, 2 more former coaches, and 1 more sports writer.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...tion-committee
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #7
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
every power conference will have an AD on the committee.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #8
No Curse
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2504
No Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPit

Think Condoleesa Rice is a good choice. She is a football fan and pretty damn intelligent. She will be a good offset for the Clemsux aD
No Curse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #9
#7Clowney
4-Star

Male

#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Curse View Post
Think Condoleesa Rice is a good choice. She is a football fan and pretty damn intelligent. She will be a good offset for the Clemsux aD
how about me? I'm a football fan too
#7Clowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:23 PM   #10
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by #7Clowney View Post
how about me? I'm a football fan too
you need to quit being a fan and be a damn player. bruised ribs smh.
stop protecting your self for next year
woops wrong thread
Old 10-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #11
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

ipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Curse View Post
This playoff committee is clearly more concerned with public relations than establishing a committee that knows the ins and outs of college football.

There are qualified women who have been involved with college football as athletic directors and such. I would support their presence on this committee. Condaleeza Rice is not one of them. Her closest qualification with any relevance to college football is a professor at Stanford and the Provost of academics. Those have NOTHING to do with sports.

This has nothing to do with Rice's intelligence or being a woman. I've always liked her and think she's smart as a whip. However, when it comes to college football, she is a FAN. That is her qualification.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #12
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

Wiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudly

Dont like having Athletic Directors on the committee. I must have read wrong but I thought they wernt having them on the committee. Obviously I was wrong though.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #13
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

No serving AD or Commissioner should be on that Committee. There are plenty of people out there who respected in the world of football.
It's the only way clemson would get in the final 4 if they ahd their AD on the Committee.
People like Tony Dungy, Chucky, Marino come to mind and there are many others.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #14
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

This is pretty similar to the NCAA tourney selection committee in hoops.
Plus a few more (Archie and Condi are exmaples)

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:01 PM   #15
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

I'd rather just let the BCS decide. Wasting money on humans has been the error of the past 100 years in football. I mean how is it going to feel if USC is ranked #4 in the polls and because the AD of Clemson is on the committee and they go instead because of bribery?
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #16
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

I'd rather keep the BCS than this garbage. Rice is a horrible choice and nothing more than a PR stunt.

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote