CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
rabid cock
uscnoklahoma
SanAntonioCock
GregoryHouse
GamecockInHell
Master Bedroom
Travelin
Storm Of Spurs
Garnetnblack99
LeeSC
Morris to SMU (6411)
Clemson fans (1835)
Venables to TAMU? (1819)
Carolina on a Walmar (1489)
Vegas line moving on (1269)
Game simulation (965)
End of the aTm / LSU (724)
Women's Soccer Elite (721)
Phil Kronblut show (601)
Have we been favored (573)
Arkansas...
Vegas line moving on game
Venables to TAMU?
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Phil Kronblut show
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
marshall/WKU
Morris to SMU
Women's Soccer Elite Eigh
Anyone know what time and

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
geromeo77
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
geromeo77 has feathers coming ingeromeo77 has feathers coming ingeromeo77 has feathers coming in
Default Has Spurrier Ever?

Fired a coach during the season? I know alot of coaches wait til the end of the year but I was wandering if SOS has ever fired anyone during the season. I realize the players have to perform on the field but a ton of these mistakes are very coachable no matter how inexperienced or young the player is. I will hang up and listen
Old 10-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material
Default Re: Has Spurrier Ever?

I dont know, thats a good question actually. But you are spot on, these mistakes being made on the field are COACHABLE mistakes. All I hear from coaches is lack of focus, lack of focus...well damn COACHES, how about focusing them then.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #3
Scsportsfan
Banned

Male

Scsportsfan has hatched from the shell

Highly unlikely. If he did not fire them for fighting, then performance will wait until year end.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #4
Mookie9
Walk On

Male

Mookie9 is sharpening his clawsMookie9 is sharpening his clawsMookie9 is sharpening his clawsMookie9 is sharpening his claws

Not to totally disagree with you, but Spurrier said after the game,"we are who we are". That sounds like a player problem.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #5
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 840000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Nearly impossible to fire a coach during the season. Who would you bring in? Plus it would have a negative impact on recruiting.

The firing should have been done after last season. Now we're stuck and have to ride it out.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #6
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I say coach wipes the whiteboard clean after the season and starts from scratch on defense.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #7
geromeo77
Walk On

Male

geromeo77 has feathers coming ingeromeo77 has feathers coming ingeromeo77 has feathers coming in

I think SOS needs to go to Rays office and say listen here pal we need to spend the money on a top notch coordinator if we are gonna remain a top notch team! Lol....I'm sure Ray is already thinking the same since hes been there and done that far as being a winner! Mr Foster on speed dial please! Blank check!
Old 10-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #8
Scsportsfan
Banned

Male

Scsportsfan has hatched from the shell

Maybe take a little less money personally and spread it to top coaches.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #9
11SWU10
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 720
11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous

This year, good defenses are the ones that are playing lousy offenses.
Very few really good defenses.

Has anyone noticed (Clemson) Georgia is not a good road team? No defense.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:58 AM   #10
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scsportsfan View Post
Maybe take a little less money personally and spread it to top coaches.

He's already done that. Time for the University to step up and make a commitment.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #11
jonesz2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 10702
jonesz2 is developing his combjonesz2 is developing his combjonesz2 is developing his combjonesz2 is developing his combjonesz2 is developing his combjonesz2 is developing his combjonesz2 is developing his combjonesz2 is developing his combjonesz2 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by geromeo77 View Post
Fired a coach during the season? I know alot of coaches wait til the end of the year but I was wandering if SOS has ever fired anyone during the season. I realize the players have to perform on the field but a ton of these mistakes are very coachable no matter how inexperienced or young the player is. I will hang up and listen

Has Spurrier ever paid the money to get a great assistant? Example taters are paying an OC like 1.2 million. Has Spurrier ever paid top dollar for assistant?? I know it isn't his money but has he ever pushed to get the money for a nationally known top assistant????
Old 10-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #12
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

We made EJ highest paid coordinator in conference (or at least one of the highest) back a few years ago.
Closed Thread