CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ahmad
jrussjr
b381l
SC Sandlapper
cocky-K
eightohhthree
Spur's Addiction
Goofyboy
HeadCockFan
Clem5on fans are bes (2647)
Defensive personnel (1541)
Mizzou Depth Chart v (1451)
7:30 kickoff for Ken (1393)
Defense not an issue (1173)
Cack's Toast of the (882)
I guess we don't get (811)
Legitimate, Unbiased (807)
Brawl at 49ers/Cardi (757)
Antonio Allen vs Als (476)
Brawl at 49ers/Cardinals
why we're in this positio
open discussion of this t
Defense not an issue....
Antonio Allen vs Alshon J
Mizzou Depth Chart vs Sou
Pharoh Cooper is a stud
2015 Commitment - Arden K
Look who's at the bottom
Cack's Toast of the Game:

Old 10-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #1
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material
Default Prediction for ranking after last night's game?

Do you folks feel we'll slide in either (or both) of the polls this week after last night's game? I think we probably will, especially considering we were favored by three TDs and only won by one.

I think we will likely fall at least one spot in each because of the seemingly fragile nature of this team. I heard someone say last night that we're probably the worst 4-1 team ever. I don't know about that, but we're definitely struggling right now, and the pollsters will take that into consideration.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Prediction for ranking after last night's game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
Do you folks feel we'll slide in either (or both) of the polls this week after last night's game? I think we probably will, especially considering we were favored by three TDs and only won by one.

I think we will likely fall at least one spot in each because of the seemingly fragile nature of this team. I heard someone say last night that we're probably the worst 4-1 team ever. I don't know about that, but we're definitely struggling right now, and the pollsters will take that into consideration.
13 or 12
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
ffstreetdoc
Walk On

Male

ffstreetdoc has hatched from the shell

Drop 2, Miami and Baylor will both jump past us, both undefeated and playing well.
ffstreetdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #4
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

I don't think we are a Top 25 team at this point. Right now, I think we are sitting in the top 25 due to our inflated preseason ranking on the expected strong performance of our team.

So far, we have skimmed past the teams we were supposed to beatdown and lost the game that was our Big Boy game to decide our worth. That loss wouldn't have mattered much had we destroyed our opponents after, but we haven't.

If the polls weren't released until Week 6-8 each year (like they should), then I honestly couldn't see us being Top 25 on our body of work. I could care less about a 4-1 record. Ask Maryland how that works.

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #5
Yearofthegamecock
Starter

Male

Yearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot material

Need to get out of that 13 spot. It's been bad luck

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
Yearofthegamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #6
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Old 10-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #7
cockywill09
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 647
cockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudly

Unranked lol naw 14
Old 10-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #8
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #9
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

When are good teams going to start losing? I was hoping Stanford, Oklahoma, Georgia, LSU etc would lose last night but everyone around us just keeps on winning. It's frustrating
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:41 PM   #10
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

FYI,

The sec espn blog has us in the chick Fil a bowl vs Miami
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #11
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
I don't think we are a Top 25 team at this point. Right now, I think we are sitting in the top 25 due to our inflated preseason ranking on the expected strong performance of our team.

So far, we have skimmed past the teams we were supposed to beatdown and lost the game that was our Big Boy game to decide our worth. That loss wouldn't have mattered much had we destroyed our opponents after, but we haven't.

If the polls weren't released until Week 6-8 each year (like they should), then I honestly couldn't see us being Top 25 on our body of work. I could care less about a 4-1 record. Ask Maryland how that works.
Cannot agree. There are 10 teams in the top 25 right now that would have very little chance of beating us at home. I certainly do not think we're top 15 material, but I do think we deserve to be in the top 25 discussion at 4-1 in the SEC.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #12
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I don't care about rankings personally, I care about wins. A "W" is a "W" and that's all that matters. Just keep winning and the rest will take care of itself. Stay focus on Arky.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #13
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
Cannot agree. There are 10 teams in the top 25 right now that would have very little chance of beating us at home. I certainly do not think we're top 15 material, but I do think we deserve to be in the top 25 discussion at 4-1 in the SEC.
Kentucky had a pretty good chance of beating us at home last night if a few things would have went there way.

So find me 10 teams in the Top 25 that are MUCH worse than Kentucky.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:50 PM   #14
CockyHoskins
Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School

Male

Homecoming King/Queen: Award given to the poster we most want to meet at the next game - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to meet at the next game Best Non-Football Thread: Award given for starting the best non-football thread - Given for: starting the best non-football thread of 2005 (introductions are in order) 
CockyCash: 100500
CockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CockyHoskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffstreetdoc View Post
Drop 2, Miami and Baylor will both jump past us, both undefeated and playing well.
I'd say this.

Invading stores now!!

CockyHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #15
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Kentucky had a pretty good chance of beating us at home last night if a few things would have went there way.

So find me 10 teams in the Top 25 that are MUCH worse than Kentucky.
But Kentucky did not win. The only team that has beaten us is a VERY GOOD Georgia team. Vandy, UNC, and UK only made things interesting because we started pumping the brakes. UCF was interesting for a half, but we applied ourselves and got it done. There was never ANY doubt that we could win against every opponent except UGA. So even if you don't agree that we could handle ten teams out of the top 25, I think you would certainly agree that we could beat at least the likes of Arizona State, Northwestern, Fresno State, Maryland, Washington, Northern Illinois, and Nebraska. Also, there are no teams ranked #26-35 that we could not beat. We deserve to be in the top 25.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #16
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
But Kentucky did not win. The only team that has beaten us is a VERY GOOD Georgia team. Vandy, UNC, and UK only made things interesting because we started pumping the brakes. UCF was interesting for a half, but we applied ourselves and got it done. There was never ANY doubt that we could win against every opponent except UGA. So even if you don't agree that we could handle ten teams out of the top 25, I think you would certainly agree that we could beat at least the likes of Arizona State, Northwestern, Fresno State, Maryland, Washington, Northern Illinois, and Nebraska. Also, there are no teams ranked #26-35 that we could not beat. We deserve to be in the top 25.
You are talking about chance...and Kentucky had a good chance last night. As would every other team in the Top 25 and quite a few outside of it.

We didn't pump the brakes...we ran out of gas, took a wrong turn, lost our map, whatever else you want to say- but it wasn't our plan, at least from Spurrier's mouth.

There surely isn't a team ranked #26-35 that we couldn't beat, you are right. However, everyone team ranked #26-35 could beat us as well on any given night from the way we are playing. That is the difference. Great teams beat the hell out of inferior opponents. We let them stick around and play down to their potential.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #17
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
FYI,

The sec espn blog has us in the chick Fil a bowl vs Miami
I'd take that. At least its an interesting matchup. The florida bowls vs big 10 teams look even more boring than usual.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #18
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Quote:
You are talking about chance...and Kentucky had a good chance last night. As would every other team in the Top 25 and quite a few outside of it.

We didn't pump the brakes...we ran out of gas, took a wrong turn, lost our map, whatever else you want to say- but it wasn't our plan, at least from Spurrier's mouth.

There surely isn't a team ranked #26-35 that we couldn't beat, you are right. However, everyone team ranked #26-35 could beat us as well on any given night from the way we are playing. That is the difference. Great teams beat the hell out of inferior opponents. We let them stick around and play down to their potential.
So let's meet in the middle and say we're #20 in terms of talent, desire, and ability to beat an opponent in the top 35 teams in the country. Doesn't mean we can't lose, but we're in the top 25 in terms of chances to beat other teams. I do not think we're good enough for top 15 at THIS point. If we beat ARKY, UT, MIZZOO, UF, and Clemson then we're clearly top 5-10.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #19
No Curse
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2504
No Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yearofthegamecock View Post
Need to get out of that 13 spot. It's been bad luck

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
#6 was not a lot better
No Curse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #20
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Dropped one to 14 in ap
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote