CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Gamecocks1137
The Yancey
aftertwobowls
Sandstorm29
GarnetSwarm1990
robgusc76
rioninusc
Regalcock
5lbYardcock
The Vent and Coachin (8150)
Disturbing comments (3180)
2015 schedule is bru (2431)
UF lets Durkin go (2133)
2015 Early Enrollees (1678)
**USC Women vs. Hamp (1105)
SOS...a day late &am (1092)
The U ends apparel d (730)
Bobo to Colorado St? (716)
Keeping it all in pe (396)
2016 - John Simpson
2014-15 Early Enrollees
2015 Commitment - Dexter
2015 schedule is brutal
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
2015 - Ulric Jones
2015 Commitment - Dante S
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
2015 Commitment - Ernest

Old 10-06-2013, 11:42 PM   #1
gamecockfootball62
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
gamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPit
Default Bowl Predictions for this week and People have faith in our Gamecocks

College Football news has us still in the Outback but vs Michigan. Cbs Sportsline has us in the Sugar Bowl vs Louisville. I will take those all day. I dont think the Outback Bowl wants us 2yrs in a so I would be ok with Capital, Gator, or Chick Fila and dang sure would take the Sugar Bowl. My goal is The Sugar but the Gator or Chick Fila would be ok to. Whats you guys and gals thoughts on this?

FOOTBALL!!!

gamecockfootball62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:11 AM   #2
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material
Default Re: Bowl Predictions for this week and People have faith in our Gamecocks

Sugar Bowl is the best case scenario and I would love an at large BCS bid, but the Citrus, Peach or Gator Bowl would be great bowls to go to.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:18 AM   #3
gamecockfootball62
4-Star

Male

gamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Bowl Predictions for this week and People have faith in our Gamecocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Sugar Bowl is the best case scenario and I would love an at large BCS bid, but the Citrus, Peach or Gator Bowl would be great bowls to go to.
Agreed!

FOOTBALL!!!

gamecockfootball62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:28 AM   #4
SteveWalsh4Canes
Banned

Male

SteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockfootball62 View Post
College Football news has us still in the Outback but vs Michigan. Cbs Sportsline has us in the Sugar Bowl vs Louisville. I will take those all day. I dont think the Outback Bowl wants us 2yrs in a so I would be ok with Capital, Gator, or Chick Fila and dang sure would take the Sugar Bowl. My goal is The Sugar but the Gator or Chick Fila would be ok to. Whats you guys and gals thoughts on this?
come on dude, at least post the link!
SteveWalsh4Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:31 AM   #5
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

We are living game to game right now.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:39 AM   #6
BuCockyfan
Two Deep

Male

BuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his comb

To be an at large BCS team, we at least need to be in the top 6 in rankings. Any of you honestly believe we belong there?
BuCockyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:48 AM   #7
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuCockyfan View Post
To be an at large BCS team, we at least need to be in the top 6 in rankings. Any of you honestly believe we belong there?
no we don't belong in the top 6 but you don't have to be in the top 6 to be an at large bcs team...the qualifications are that the team must have 9 wins and finish in the top 14(and only 2 from a conference)
Old 10-07-2013, 02:40 AM   #8
Nuke LaLoosh
Recruit

Male

Nuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spurs

If we go to the Sugar Bowl, party is at my house!
Nuke LaLoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:35 AM   #9
Red Devil
Starter

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Outback, peach or gator is a backward step.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #10
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

The chick-fil-a bowl sucks. No one wants younger stuck watching football on NYE night. Move the game to an earlier time.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:03 AM   #11
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

I know it is virtually impossible due to the proximity with the West division but sure would love to see us in the cotton bowl at jerryworld.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #12
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 57400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Isn't the bowl selection different this year? Doesn't the SEC pick who goes where after the Sugar selection? We could end up anywhere if this is the case.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #13
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

^yes technically that is the new official rule but the SEC has been choosing which team goes where for years honestly. Last year, for example, the capital 1 bowl committee absolutely did not want UGA and voted unanimously on another team. The sec stepped in and basically forced them to take uga because they didn't want a team to be penalized for playing an extra game in the sec championship. The sec used its bargaining power of future hosting sites, playoff games, etc... as leverage.
-Basically now that the sec officially chooses the teams, unless we win out and are a hot commodity with a much better record, we will always been chosen behind an alabama, lsu, uga, florida, a&m, etc because of the amount of prestige that comes with their names and the money they can make from their huge fan bases.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #14
poppabeary3
Blue Chip

Male

poppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
^yes technically that is the new official rule but the SEC has been choosing which team goes where for years honestly. Last year, for example, the capital 1 bowl committee absolutely did not want UGA and voted unanimously on another team. The sec stepped in and basically forced them to take uga because they didn't want a team to be penalized for playing an extra game in the sec championship. The sec used its bargaining power of future hosting sites, playoff games, etc... as leverage.
-Basically now that the sec officially chooses the teams, unless we win out and are a hot commodity, we will always been chosen behind an alabama, lsu, florida, a&m, etc because of the amount of prestige that comes with their names and the money they can make from their huge fan bases.
Somewhat true...I'd imagine that if we win out, the Sugar Bowl would pick us over LSU (location, no hotel money) or Florida (awful attendance last year) assuming we had similar records. The wild card would be A&M. Assuming they have 2 loses, and UGA loses 2 more or to Bama in the SEC championship game, I think there'd be a great chance for us going to the Sugar if we win out.
poppabeary3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #15
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppabeary3 View Post
Somewhat true...I'd imagine that if we win out, the Sugar Bowl would pick us over LSU (location, no hotel money) or Florida (awful attendance last year) assuming we had similar records. The wild card would be A&M. Assuming they have 2 loses, and UGA loses 2 more or to Bama in the SEC championship game, I think there'd be a great chance for us going to the Sugar if we win out.
in this scenario only. That is a lot of ifs that we would need to happen plus the most unlikely would probably be us actually winning out. I meant in my post that if we do lose again the sec will skip over us in a heartbeat IMO
Old 10-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #16
CockyinVA
Recruit

Male

CockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his comb

In THEORY, everything is still possible. If we win out till the last game, then beat an undefeated Clemson team, then the Sugar Bowl is a strong possibility.

If, in the meantime, Georgia loses and sets up a miracle for us to go to Atlanta, and we somehow beat an undefeated Alabama team, we play for the National Championship.

My personal expectations are set for a 9-3 regular season with a trip to the Gator Bowl. From the games I am watching, I think we have taken one step forward on offense and two steps back on defense. Who knows? We might get things figured out this week, but if things don't change, I think Gator Bowl is realistic.
CockyinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #17
SCohioBoy
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 999880
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuCockyfan View Post

We could get there if WE win out.

Now WE all know you are not part of our WE.

Good try gaytor
Old 10-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #18
Yearofthegamecock
Game MVP

Male

Yearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuCockyfan
If we could tighten up some of the issues on defense, I would say yes

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
Yearofthegamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #19
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 840000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

You're seriously smoking crack if you think we're going to the Sugar Bowl.

The Outback would LOVE to have us play Michigan, especially if Clowney is still on the team.

But I think Gator or Chick Fila is where we'll end up.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #20
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

Pty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
Outback, peach or gator is a backward step.
So what? Would you rather not go to a bowl?
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote