CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
ccured
RGHoskins
GoldenSpur7
NJGCfan
robgusc76
Spurrier_Superior_On
JAYBEZ
rdwylie
GamecockUltimate
Mangus now coaching (1430)
Can Tennessee get to (1032)
2 Crazy things (626)
Chick Redefines the (598)
Spread vs. aTm (551)
ESPN Article on HBC (550)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (525)
Lindy's top 100 for (490)
The Bama series (398)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta (317)
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Connor Shaw: Atlanta, Cle
2015 - Kaleb Kim
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Bama starting pitcher sus
The Bama series
Spread vs. aTm
Clowney's NFL Draft Promo
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Lindy's top 100 for 2010

Old 10-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material
Default Culture change...

We got our culture change in football, we are 4-1 ranked 13th in the country and I can't find one happy or content GAMECOCK fan! I never thought that would mean we would have GAMECOCK fans bashing the best DE we have seen at the position based on media perception and assumptions or folks calling for the firing of coaches and telling the coach who got us back to back 11 win seasons with the youngest team in the country he can't coach. My favorite is the "fan" who explains how he will never win the way he coaches, the game has changed, he does not run enough, he does not throw enough, we take the foot off the gas.....I want this football team with the fans from the 80's!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Default Re: Culture change...

In all honesty, we're ranked 13th right now because of last season. If no preseason polls were released, we would NOT be ranked right now.

With that said, we are definitely expecting more from our guys now and that's a good problem to have.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:15 PM   #3
rngd86
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
rngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spurs

I think most of it is due to the majority of fans realizing that while SC is 4-1 and ranked, that odds are they will be 5-3, 4-4 after this road trip.
rngd86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #4
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Heck I think everyone in the forum would be happy if we keep winning by the skin of our teeth like we have been. The problem is the QUALITY of the teams is going to increase and that we're playing away from WB. Given those two factors...well, it just doesn't inspire a lot of hope for the future. Also its strange that what is normally the strength of our team (defense) is now our weakness, which is compounded by an All Everything Best-Player-Evah who has taken himself out of some of the games. No one knows what's going on but when he surprises the coaches there is an issue. If Clowney picks up where he left off Gamecock Country will be right as rain. The slide in defense seems to be happening across the SEC and we shouldn't be too surprised given who we lost last year but it seems like we didn't just lose players to the draft and graduation, we lost intangibles like leadership, teamwork and heart. Good news is that you just have to do it to get it back, the bad news is that time is short.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #5
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

So...how did we get to this culture change, Einstein? By expecting MORE and not settling for LESS!

Criticism will come with that when you continue to demand excellence and improvement.

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #6
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rngd86 View Post
I think most of it is due to the majority of fans realizing that while SC is 4-1 and ranked, that odds are they will be 5-3, 4-4 after this road trip.
This coming from Greenville...

They is the operative word.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #7
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Quote:
I don't think we will win or lose 3n a row but... the UGA v Mizzou game will be telling. EVERY game will b close tho
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #8
gin house
Blue Chip

Male

gin house has earned his spursgin house has earned his spursgin house has earned his spursgin house has earned his spursgin house has earned his spursgin house has earned his spursgin house has earned his spurs

There is a Culture change here. Spurrier asked the fans not to apploud the team for a hard faught loss when he first got here, there are no moral victories. I dont think Spurrier wants us to settle for 14th in the country either. If you settle for it you will not expect more and you probably wont get more. We have one of the best coaches to ever coach the game, a great staff and a young team. Lets get the most out of this year and experience will be more important than anything. We'll be fine.
gin house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #9
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
We got our culture change in football, we are 4-1 ranked 13th in the country and I can't find one happy or content GAMECOCK fan! I never thought that would mean we would have GAMECOCK fans bashing the best DE we have seen at the position based on media perception and assumptions or folks calling for the firing of coaches and telling the coach who got us back to back 11 win seasons with the youngest team in the country he can't coach. My favorite is the "fan" who explains how he will never win the way he coaches, the game has changed, he does not run enough, he does not throw enough, we take the foot off the gas.....I want this football team with the fans from the 80's!

If you are happy with mediocre results, that is what you will get.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #10
G&B
ferk it

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin house View Post
There is a Culture change here. Spurrier asked the fans not to apploud the team for a hard faught loss when he first got here, there are no moral victories. I dont think Spurrier wants us to settle for 14th in the country either. If you settle for it you will not expect more and you probably wont get more. We have one of the best coaches to ever coach the game, a great staff and a young team. Lets get the most out of this year and experience will be more important than anything. We'll be fine.

I apploud this post...

"Relativity is relative" - V. Smith
G&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #11
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
I don't think we will be at all...Those teams still have a lot to prove...have seen some people claim our issues are talent... no they aren't... it's what is between the ears. That can be fixed... and actually has gotten better in some ways... but not to the level we expect nor demand of our defense here. We could loose all 3, we could win all three.

I also have to say I'm not sure that I agree that we would not be ranked either... we have played a decent schedule, and have penty of talent, and still have won. Could I say we would be ranked where we are? no... but yes I think we'd certainly be ranked.
pimpingamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #12
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
If you are happy with mediocre results, that is what you will get.
Results of what a bunch of 18-22 yr olds do on the football field?

Happiness is a choice and some of us choose to not let the performance of a football team be a factor.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #13
GarnetSwarm1990
4-Star

Male

GarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his comb

Our program is in the spot right now where we have had very solid seasons recently and our fans are wanting that to continue and improve. Reality is, when programs are coming up they have stumbles along the way.

Our team doesn't have what it had the last few years in a lot of areas. We don't have the leadership, and the seniors haven't taken control of the defense.

Should we be blowing teams out and not giving away big leads in the 4th qtr? Absolutely but, look around the SEC this year. Georgia is having to outscore people, Bama isn't performing like Bama performs, Florida can't do anything on offense, A&M doesn't even know what defense is, MISSOU is 5-0 and we all know they don't play D.

SEC football is having a very unusual year. This year is this year. We have to stop comparing this team to last years or the year before. We are 4-1 (2-1). Am I happy with barely beating teams we should destroy? Heck no! Nobody is. It's stressful. But we are 4-1 (2-1). Our culture is changed. We expect to win and win big. But it doesn't always happen

All the coaching changes talk needs to stop until after the season. And if I was a recruit and I read a lot of the stuff people are saying about Clowney, I wouldn't go to school there.

This negativity has to stop. It's not going to change how the team performs.
GarnetSwarm1990 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:23 PM   #14
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
Our program is in the spot right now where we have had very solid seasons recently and our fans are wanting that to continue and improve. Reality is, when programs are coming up they have stumbles along the way.

Our team doesn't have what it had the last few years in a lot of areas. We don't have the leadership, and the seniors haven't taken control of the defense.

Should we be blowing teams out and not giving away big leads in the 4th qtr? Absolutely but, look around the SEC this year. Georgia is having to outscore people, Bama isn't performing like Bama performs, Florida can't do anything on offense, A&M doesn't even know what defense is, MISSOU is 5-0 and we all know they don't play D.

SEC football is having a very unusual year. This year is this year. We have to stop comparing this team to last years or the year before. We are 4-1 (2-1). Am I happy with barely beating teams we should destroy? Heck no! Nobody is. It's stressful. But we are 4-1 (2-1). Our culture is changed. We expect to win and win big. But it doesn't always happen

All the coaching changes talk needs to stop until after the season. And if I was a recruit and I read a lot of the stuff people are saying about Clowney, I wouldn't go to school there.

This negativity has to stop. It's not going to change how the team performs.
If the negativity isn't going to change how the team performs, then why does it have to stop?
Old 10-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #15
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Results of what a bunch of 18-22 yr olds do on the football field?

Happiness is a choice and some of us choose to not let the performance of a football team be a factor.
You can be happy in life while still being frustrated/disappointed in the performance of the football team.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #16
Pty23
4-Star

Male

Pty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
So...how did we get to this culture change, Einstein? By expecting MORE and not settling for LESS!

Criticism will come with that when you continue to demand excellence and improvement.
LOL yep, our culture change came from angry posters on CockyTalk. Hit the nail on the head.
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #17
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
This coming from Greenville...

They is the operative word.

That guy is a Clemson fan ... most people know this

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #18
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

We bout to own this road trip. Connor and Mike will do what it takes. Whammy will find a way to keep the other guys 1 score behind.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #19
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post

Wow Einstein, you could demand all you want but it takes the blood, sweat and tears of a team for excellence and improvement and none of your demands! Demanding excellence and improvement has nothing to do with telling a program that has been in the latest top 25 poll for more consecutive weeks then all college teams but 4 if memory serves me correct they do not know what they are doing as the obvious is for sure obvious to them! I will state an obvious for you, we are 4-1 with a good bit of work ahead of us but we have as good a chance at 12-1 as we do at 10-3/9-4 and that is something to cheer about. We have 2 goo QB's, a great RB with depth, a great group of WR/TE's stepping up and a defense that barring big play mistake/mental lapses is starting to come together and only 4 seniors on the entire team! Things are great in Gamecock country and the future is still bright as ever!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #20
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Still don't understand why you haven't been banned for running your mouth outside of smack forum.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote