CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Lonnie
Gamecocks321
doubledribble
GarnetSwarm1990
ReadR00ster
johnnyb
Cocks N Stuff
So Disappointed With (2174)
Rank the QBs under S (1532)
Back like cooked cra (1118)
Tennessee game (700)
Who start on the d l (669)
No Comments on the H (533)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (198)
Gameday parking in A (134)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Roll call for Auburn
So Disappointed With The
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Gamecock football Long Te
If the Head Ball Coach re
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti

Old 10-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
scgrad2004
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
scgrad2004 has feathers coming inscgrad2004 has feathers coming inscgrad2004 has feathers coming in
Default C'Mon Man

So, I do believe this is my first thread to start...minus those about tickets or parking. I welcome the jabs at my post or whatever else may be said. At any rate, it's great to have such a passionate fan base. I think that there are many people on these boards that are chastised for being "negative" when all they are is passionate and want the very best outcome for Carolina. However, there are others who (if they aren't joking) are wearing the garnet colored glasses and are seriously thinking that we are still in the hunt for a championship, we are better than Georgia and can't figure out why we're not at worst, 5th in the country right now! In the words of ESPN..."C'Mon Man!"

Carolina is having a good season; not terrible, not great. I, for one, look at this season so far and see a young team, especially on defense, that is improving week by week. We are managing to win games even when we've done a lot to lose it. Most people are looking at the defense, but much blame can be on the return team as well. Do we lack leadership on defense? Yes. Are there some miscues by players and coaches? Yes. Does that mean we're terrible and will lose the rest of our games? Not at all.

Look at it for what it is...we have only one loss and it's to a top 10 team. We haven't played our best yet and we're still in the W column all but once. Luck will run out, but even without true leaders, we do have fighters. The leaders will emerge. We have been spoiled with our stingy defense over the years, and have hoped for an offense that can just open it up. Well the offense IS opening it up and now we want to complain about the defense.

Not to be a smartass, but even if it's one stop (see: Georgia v. Tennessee, Georgia v. LSU, Alabama v. LSU) then the defense did it's job and helped secure the W. We aren't at the point where we have to hope the defense can keep us in it.

So to say C'Mon on to both sides: take off the garnet colored glasses. Step back from the ledge. If you've jumped on the wagon just in the past few seasons, I can understand, but most Gamecock fans I know have been with this team ALWAYS, most of them 9 months before they were born. These are some good times and expectations are high, but get a grip and just support the team.
scgrad2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 20459
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material
Default Re: C'Mon Man

Wasn't that long ago, we would have lost the Vandy, UCF and the UK games resulting in the then all too familiar comment similar to: "yep, that's what we do". But this team has WON those games that would have been lost in the past. Hopefully, these games are building resiliency into our players so that they won't "throw in the towel" in the future!
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #3
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

I'm having fun watching everyone on here react in different ways. At least we all seem to care!
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #4
roosterdave
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1106
roosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgrad2004 View Post
So, I do believe this is my first thread to start...minus those about tickets or parking. I welcome the jabs at my post or whatever else may be said. At any rate, it's great to have such a passionate fan base. I think that there are many people on these boards that are chastised for being "negative" when all they are is passionate and want the very best outcome for Carolina. However, there are others who (if they aren't joking) are wearing the garnet colored glasses and are seriously thinking that we are still in the hunt for a championship, we are better than Georgia and can't figure out why we're not at worst, 5th in the country right now! In the words of ESPN..."C'Mon Man!"

Carolina is having a good season; not terrible, not great. I, for one, look at this season so far and see a young team, especially on defense, that is improving week by week. We are managing to win games even when we've done a lot to lose it. Most people are looking at the defense, but much blame can be on the return team as well. Do we lack leadership on defense? Yes. Are there some miscues by players and coaches? Yes. Does that mean we're terrible and will lose the rest of our games? Not at all.

Look at it for what it is...we have only one loss and it's to a top 10 team. We haven't played our best yet and we're still in the W column all but once. Luck will run out, but even without true leaders, we do have fighters. The leaders will emerge. We have been spoiled with our stingy defense over the years, and have hoped for an offense that can just open it up. Well the offense IS opening it up and now we want to complain about the defense.

Not to be a smartass, but even if it's one stop (see: Georgia v. Tennessee, Georgia v. LSU, Alabama v. LSU) then the defense did it's job and helped secure the W. We aren't at the point where we have to hope the defense can keep us in it.

So to say C'Mon on to both sides: take off the garnet colored glasses. Step back from the ledge. If you've jumped on the wagon just in the past few seasons, I can understand, but most Gamecock fans I know have been with this team ALWAYS, most of them 9 months before they were born. These are some good times and expectations are high, but get a grip and just support the team.
This is exactly how i feel.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #5
highpockets12
Recruit

Male

highpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurs

UR so right ! The things that bothers me is, We couldn`t beat a top 15 team right now.We have played 1 ranked team . Dont see how were in top 25 ? Our defense will improve with every play.I expect us to drop at least 1 road game. Even if we drop 2 so what ? we win our bowl game ,10 win season and a experianced D. Hell I`ll take it..
highpockets12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #6
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 461300
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

I still remember 1-21... Will take this any time over that
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #7
blackrooster71
Walk On

Male

blackrooster71 has hatched from the shell

Guys I played ay USC during the sparky woods era...we should feel blessed!
blackrooster71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:09 PM   #8
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

My friends laughed at me this past offseason when I told them our offense would be the highlight of the team.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:30 PM   #9
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly

I hate when the old school fans say we should be feeling blessed about where we are.

Guys, we all know this program has been below that 50 feet of crap Billy Bean talked about in Money ball for a long time. We aren't there anymore

My feelings about that are that you don't get to the top by being satisfied that you are better than you once were. Strive for perfection and settle for nothing less. Acknowledge good seasons but don't sit there and say be happy with where we are. That's basically saying you're ok with missing out on a championship every year as long as we have more wins than losses.

I respect all the old school fans that sat through the miserable seasons and still stuck by their team, but just being a good team ain't enough for this Gamecock.

Are we satisfied with what the baseball team did this year? No. We expect championships from them and that's how we should be with the football team too.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:00 AM   #10
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
I hate when the old school fans say we should be feeling blessed about where we are.

Guys, we all know this program has been below that 50 feet of crap Billy Bean talked about in Money ball for a long time. We aren't there anymore

My feelings about that are that you don't get to the top by being satisfied that you are better than you once were. Strive for perfection and settle for nothing less. Acknowledge good seasons but don't sit there and say be happy with where we are. That's basically saying you're ok with missing out on a championship every year as long as we have more wins than losses.

I respect all the old school fans that sat through the miserable seasons and still stuck by their team, but just being a good team ain't enough for this Gamecock.

Are we satisfied with what the baseball team did this year? No. We expect championships from them and that's how we should be with the football team too.
This is what the team is doing. This thread is about the fans and the negative spew on CT.

It's OK to be happy with where we are. Being happy feels good, everyone should try it. Even point out the faults with this team, there are plenty of them every year, but leave the sense of entitlement at the login screen.

We're doin' OK, no real reason for outrage yet. Save that for when we lose to a team like Coastal. Most of our guys have the win it all mentality, let's enjoy and support them in that effort. That's what it's all about. Wow, I sound like a bleeding heart granola eater. I'm just actually just a Budweiser drinking family man.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:09 AM   #11
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Here is a heads up. I will continue to channel Feisty and C-Girl and spew just as much garnet sunshine as I damned well please. I will be amused to see which little cyberpunk will try to stop me.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:26 AM   #12
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

You go girl.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:42 AM   #13
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

Those are the words of Ed Lover, of yo! MTV raps fame. "Come on, son" was a very popular video blog series he did, that was *blatantly* ripped off by ESPN.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:48 AM   #14
Garnet 4 Life 81
Banned

Male

Garnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his claws

shouldn't our expectations be high now. never settle for less sec or bust
Garnet 4 Life 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:08 AM   #15
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

I feel the same as every post in this thread but i feel it all more during the games. Yes, maybe the i do care too much but i love my gamecocks and i love football. The passion it stirs in me is awesome and probably detrimental to my health.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #16
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
Those are the words of Ed Lover, of yo! MTV raps fame. "Come on, son" was a very popular video blog series he did, that was *blatantly* ripped off by ESPN.
He still does it on "backspin" each weekday @ 5 on sirius xm
Old 10-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #17
NinjaSven
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 515
NinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudly

I like most of the comments. I, too, remember the days of Carolina being a laughing stock of the SEC. Teams would take a sigh of relief and say, "Whew, at least we get to play Carolina this weekend." I remember the 21 game losing streak, so I am pretty grounded about this year. We are 4-1 and we have yet to play a complete game. I'll take this over those old games of yore where we were the team that scrapped to get back in the game, only to lose at the end. Go Carolina! Let's beat those R'Backs!
Old 10-09-2013, 08:52 PM   #18
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default C'Mon Man

Idk bout y'all but it's time for a championship. I know we've had a terrible past but recruiting has taken a slump since Clowney came. We need for BIG stars coming here. With the playoff system coming, we need 4 & 5 star depth every year. Unless we want to be content with 11 win seasons. I'm in my late 20's, I know my Carolina history. I do not want to be 65 by the time we win the big one! I sure don't want the team up north to take over the state. Sure looks like they're on their way though with what they got going. Not trying to be down about our program but we've got to stop pretending and start contending. Enough is enough. C'mon Mannn
Old 10-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #19
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 799000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Here is a heads up. I will continue to channel Feisty and C-Girl and spew just as much garnet sunshine as I damned well please. I will be amused to see which little cyberpunk will try to stop me.
I think that about covers it !
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:35 PM   #20
highstick
Recruit

Male

highstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurs

What team "up north"?

If you're referring to the "Urnge", then let's get this in perspective.

Sometimes there are "perfect storms"...It happened once with a cheatin' bunch of Tiggers from Pickens County who "backed into it"...It also happened with Georgia Tech although I cannot attest to the cheatin' side. Did either really warrant playing in the National Chumpionship? You can answer that...

But, let's step off the deep end and ask, "if Clemmons runs the table, do they still deserve it"??? Hell no! Jawja, was and still is, not a really strong team..Nor are we at this point. I don't think Dabo gets by Fl. State...I didn't think they'd get by Maryland, but they lost their QB...There's a lot of suspect competition that Clemmons plays at this point so..........do they go to the BCS? Would you even buy a ticket? I'll be glad to sit home and laugh at them get their butts waxed and would hope the idiots who keep voting for them every week get exposed as foolish morons..

They are not a NC caliber team. They are fast, they are exciting, but we've seen that crap for 4 years and have handed them their "hats and striped tails"...West Virginia did better...they exposed there whiny little butts to the world!

I'm pulling for everyone to beat them and us to "wipe the floor in a few weeks"! That is one game that I will not be forgetting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Idk bout y'all but it's time for a championship. I know we've had a terrible past but recruiting has taken a slump since Clowney came. We need for BIG stars coming here. With the playoff system coming, we need 4 & 5 star depth every year. Unless we want to be content with 11 win seasons. I'm in my late 20's, I know my Carolina history. I do not want to be 65 by the time we win the big one! I sure don't want the team up north to take over the state. Sure looks like they're on their way though with what they got going. Not trying to be down about our program but we've got to stop pretending and start contending. Enough is enough. C'mon Mannn
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote