CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
zcoop
GregoryHouse
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
4gamecockfb
roosterdude21
Badazcock
CockyLifer
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (26967)
ESPN Game Day Commen (2042)
Simple "yes&quo (1437)
Phil Steele just pre (1171)
Eat Crow (738)
Garcia: Change the R (724)
TeMarcus Blanton (688)
We actually didnt lo (628)
Extremely Proud (554)
what I think ab ward (486)
I want people to explain
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
We would be 7-1 with just
Extremely Proud
what I think ab ward
Defense question
We actually didnt lose
Simple "yes" or
End of the first half....
Eat Crow

Old 10-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
SteveWalsh4Canes
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
SteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudly
Default Good article on USC

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...-out-right-way

Low has been covering the team for ESPN since the Sparky years. He is plugged in and knows SOS well.
SteveWalsh4Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #2
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Good article on USC

I really like Chris Lowe and think he has a good take on Gamecock goings on.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #3
NinjaSven
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 515
NinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudly

That was a really good article. Judging from a majority of the posts and comments about Clowney, if he keeps up these little shenanigans, we will have a bitter taste about his USC legacy. I, for one, respect his talent. I think it is in his best interest to take the field and play like he is not getting the respect that he deserves. Lowe is right, it is not too late for Clowney, despite the tremors that have already begun. Only time (and JC) will tell.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #4
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

Nice thread title camouflage....
Old 10-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #5
usc89
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10500
usc89 is developing his combusc89 is developing his combusc89 is developing his combusc89 is developing his combusc89 is developing his combusc89 is developing his combusc89 is developing his combusc89 is developing his combusc89 is developing his combusc89 is developing his comb

Well-written article! I agree with Low that it is up to Clowney what his legacy at Carolina will ultimately be. I, for one, think he'll come back, play hard and be remembered as one of the greatest Gamecocks in history!
usc89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
wiltm
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 1250
wiltm has feathers coming inwiltm has feathers coming inwiltm has feathers coming in

Are we honestly sitting here questioning what Jadeveon's legacy will be once he's gone and becomes a household name in the NFL? He's missed a grand total of, count them with me, ONE game in a Gamecock uniform. He's out one game in a stretch of three years, and now he's all of a sudden sandbagging it? Did nobody listen to this morning's presser? This whole situation was handled poorly from all sides (Clowney's, the trainers' and SOS'), but the fact remains that dude was injured, and injured pretty significantly. That is a fact, not conjecture.

I understand everyone's frustration with the defense and a perceived lack of effort out there, but you can't sit here and honestly say Clowney's legacy is in danger of being tarnished. Just like Spurrier said, he could have chosen any school in the country to attend, and he chose us. For that, we should all be grateful. Step back from the ledge; there's plenty of ball left to play.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #7
SteveWalsh4Canes
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
SteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudly

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the fact that you enjoyed the article. I figured you would; that's why I posted it.
SteveWalsh4Canes is offline   Reply With Quote