CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
thumpin big
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
RGHoskins
JerseyBird
markymark550
ZenUSC
peterlemon
smoovecock
Brad Lawing (1782)
Currently 2nd in att (1063)
Constant Updates on (963)
**USC vs. UNC-Ashevi (954)
Alshon - Bose (928)
Ced Cooper (#18) sta (855)
How cool would it be (763)
Garcia vs Clemson To (612)
Carolina/Clemson gam (503)
Palmetto Bowl (320)
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Andrew Clifford Scooter A
NEW Pics from South Alaba
Chattanooga upends No. 4
Constant Updates on Watso
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLINA @ C
Where to watch in Arlingt
Props to Volleyball!
Garcia vs Clemson Tom
Currently 2nd in attendan

Old 10-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Acock's SEC Wrap Up: Week 6

Fun stat of the day: The SEC is 4-19 against top 25 competition this year. That, as they say, is not good.

Game 1: #1 Alabama 45 Georgia State 3
Alabama wakes from it's slumber, chokes it's prey to death, and goes back to sleep. It's the rock python of college football.

Game 2: Auburn 30 #24 Ole Miss 22
Really interesting game here. Ole Miss out-gained them, out-first downed them, out-possession timed them, but didn't out-scoreboard them, which is what matters. Ole Miss proved once again that trading FGs for TDs is a quick way out of the top 25.

Game 3: #18 Florida 30 Arkansas 10
For the life of me I can't figure out why Florida isn't ranked higher....oh yeah, THEY LOST TO MIAMI. Doesn't matter now as Muschamp has embraced the challenge of winning without an offense, as if it were a technical exercise to see what's truly possible. Florida's defense is inhuman. The UF offense had only one drive that lasted over 5 min, yet the defense NEVER TIRED. As the season progresses Florida may just start punting on first down just to get the defense back on the field.

Game 4: #10 LSU 59 Miss State 26
In the third quarter, MSU scored to pull it within 2 and LSU looked mortal again just a week after losing in Athens. Then LSU went beast-mode, scoring on each of their last 5 possessions and in the process likely ending the Mullen era in Starkville. Nightmare scenario? That he goes back to UF as offensive coordinator.

Game 5: Missouri 51 Vandy 28
Y'all can make fun of Missouri all you want, but they went into Vandy and ran the train on them, rolling up 51 points en route to staying undefeated. With Georgia's team as beat up as they are right now, Missouri is actually poised to make some noise in the East. Say hello to 6-6 Franklin. Guess you should have answered the phone last year.

Game 6: #13 South Carolina 35 Kentucky 28
South Carolina's season so far reminds me of Madden football on All-Pro mode. Comfortable lead, beating the hell out of someone and OH COME ON, HE FUMBLED? OH YEAH, LIKE MY CORNER IS JUST GOING TO NOT COVER A GUY AT ALL, WHAT THE HELL? PERSONAL FOUL?! Williams Brice stadium should equip each seat with an X-Box 360 controller that we can throw in disgust during the 4th quarter.

Game 7: #6 Georgia 34 Tennessee 31
Aaron Murray went back to being Aaron Murray and UGA is now on their 3rd string back, but hey, they won anyway. Tennessee takes the moral victory of the week award, but you have to wonder what the goal-line fumble is going to do to their psyche.

Week 2 Power Ranking
1. Alabama (5-0)
Next up @Kentucky: Paul Bryant won a national title at Kentucky in 1950. Remember that because that's bound to be the Aflac trivia question. To make the game more interesting, turn the announcer's references to Bryant coaching at both schools into a drinking game.

2. Georgia (4-1)
Next up Missouri: This game wouldn't be interesting...except for the fact that UGA has no defense, and Missouri is scoring like Channing Tatum at a cougar convention.

3. Texas A&M (4-1)
Next up @Ole Miss: I'm still not sold on Texas A&M just because of their defense, but sometimes not playing is the right move.

4. LSU (5-1)
Next up Florida: Really fascinating game. If LSU can move the ball on Florida's defense they should be fine. That being said, no one has really moved the ball on Florida's defense.

5. Florida (4-1)
Next up @LSU: At least the game is at 3:30 and not 7:30.

6. South Carolina (4-1)
Next up @Arkansas: So far taking the 4th quarter off has only hurt against Georgia. Odd strategy but it seems to be working.

7. Auburn (4-1)
Next up West Carolina: Auburn is currently 18th in the country in rushing and 108 at passing. I did not see that coming.

8. Missouri (5-0)
Next up @Georgia: After feasting on cupcakes it gets real for Missouri this week, but a depleted UGA team with no real defense to speak of gives Missouri a chance to throw a huge wrench into the SEC East.

9. Ole Miss (3-2)
Next up Texas A&M: You didn't think it was going to be that easy Hugh, did you? Oh... you did.

10. Arkansas (3-3)
Next up South Carolina: Wonder how much BBQ, in total pounds, has Bielema eaten so far?

11. Tennessee (3-3)
Next up off: Is Tennessee starting to come around or did UGA just have an off week? We won't find out this week as UT hits the open date.

12. Mississippi State (2-3)
Next up Bowling Green: The good news is they get a break from the SEC to play a MAC team. The bad news is that it's Bowling Green, who has a legit shot to pull off the upset.

13. Vandy (3-3)
Next up off: Anchor down indeed.

14. Kentucky (1-4)
Next up Alabama: The good news for Stoops is that there is plenty of fight left in this team. That is, unfortunately, the only good news for UK.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #2
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Acock's SEC Wrap Up: Week 6

Rankings look about spot on.

I'd put A&M at 2 though and TN at 10 ahead of Arkansas. I'd also probably put SC ahead of UF for now.

All the reports out of Knoxville are that the Seniors on the team are using the UGA as a movitvator and a confidence booster that we can win any game we are in. They are hungry for that signature win and getting close only made the hunger grow.

I've been saying it since the spring, but SC better watch out.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #3
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Missouri is in a no win situation this week. If they lose, then everyone will say, "oh well their record shows they only played cupcake teams." If they win, everyone (except SC fans) will say "well UGA has some serious injuries." They have @UGA then UF. Unfortunately, we could be coming in right when they need to be at home.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #4
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
Missouri is in a no win situation this week. If they lose, then everyone will say, "oh well their record shows they only played cupcake teams." If they win, everyone (except SC fans) will say "well UGA has some serious injuries." They have @UGA then UF. Unfortunately, we could be coming in right when they need to be at home.
Missouri wins this weekend, they have a legit shot at winning the east with UF and SC at home the next two weeks...they'd really only need to win one of the two likely.

But I don't think they win this week and actually think they lose all three pretty handily.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
i disagree i still say if Missouri beats UGA it would be a huge win for that team and program and alot of people who have been over looking them *cough* SC fans included ... would and should take notice
Old 10-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #6
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Alabama wakes from it's slumber, chokes it's prey to death, and goes back to sleep. It's the rock python of college football.
CONGRATULATIONS!! You have just posted the ONE MILLIONTH SNAKE-RELATED POST ON COCKYTALK!!

Quote:
but you have to wonder what the goal-line fumble is going to do to their psyche.
"Tennessee" and "psyche" in the same paragraph. Bold.

Quote:
Paul Bryant won a national title at Kentucky in 1950. Remember that because that's bound to be the Aflac trivia question. To make the game more interesting, turn the announcer's references to Bryant coaching at both schools into a drinking game.
Intox would be the only way to fly if you're actually going to watch this snoozer.

Quote:
If LSU can move the ball on Florida's defense they should be fine. That being said, no one has really moved the ball on Florida's defense.
Mettenberger Meltdown.

Quote:
So far taking the 4th quarter off has only hurt against Georgia. Odd strategy but it seems to be working.
Too bad you can't make a drinking game called "Jen Bielema Sighting".

Quote:
a depleted UGA team with no real defense to speak of gives Missouri a chance to throw a huge wrench into the SEC East.
I'm thinking this will be Missouri's "coming out party". They are due for an SEC-arrival statement.

Quote:
Wonder how much BBQ, in total pounds, has Bielema eaten so far?
He's just keeping it real in a Friesen/Mangino sorta way.

Quote:
12. Mississippi State (2-3)
Next up Bowling Green: The good news is they get a break from the SEC to play a MAC team. The bad news is that it's Bowling Green, who has a legit shot to pull off the upset.
I'm possibly going to this game. That's a clue as to my whereabouts lately
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #7
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Great read Acock. Especially loved the USC-UK breakdown.. I was laughing out loud.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #8
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

How about this scenario - what if us, UGA, UF, and Mizz all go 6-2 in the East? Talk about making your head spin trying to figure that one out!
Old 10-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #9
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!! You have just posted the ONE MILLIONTH SNAKE-RELATED POST ON COCKYTALK!!
Totally on purpose meant to do it. Snaked it in there.

Quote:
Too bad you can't make a drinking game called "Jen Bielema Sighting".
In related news, is this the best cross-stitch ever?

Of course it is.

Quote:
Please, please, please keep your head down and try to blend in.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:20 PM   #10
The O.G.
Banned

Male

The O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudly

Quote:

If you're going, get ready for a whole heck of a lot of cowbell.
The O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #11
The O.G.
Banned

Male

The O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudly

I might have put Auburn ahead of SC. Auburn's good against the run, and they showed in the LSU game the don't give up late in the game, SC, not so much.
The O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #12
NinjaSven
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 515
NinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The O.G. View Post
I might have put Auburn ahead of SC. Auburn's good against the run, and they showed in the LSU game the don't give up late in the game, SC, not so much.
Oh, come on. When has Carolina give up a big lead? When it comes to the fourth quarter...wait a minute...you are right. Sorry. You win.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #13
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1185
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Would love to see Mizzou knock off UGA but if they're good enough to beat UGA at UGA then they're good enough to beat us at their place. Would give us a chance though.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #14
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:

In related news, is this the best cross-stitch ever?
Holy shit that's hilarious.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote