CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
BigRedCock
robgusc76
NinjaSven
Gamecockswag
TAFC 5 1981
cockybreeyan
Gaichon
Freshman ND WR " (663)
Call of Duty: Advanc (490)
Good Riddance to bad (385)
Keeping tailgate foo (282)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (242)
An A to Z of Noah We (166)
The Comeback & T (83)
NCAAF: MICHIGAN @ MI (66)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (66)
NCAAF: SOUTHERN CAL (65)
Why I think we beat Aubur
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
Bashing Players, coaches,
SEC Debate: Best candidat
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Texas athletic director:
Rest of the season predic
So Disappointed With The

Old 10-09-2013, 01:38 AM   #1
dieselcock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
dieselcock has feathers coming indieselcock has feathers coming indieselcock has feathers coming in
Default Johnson..Turner..Washington..?

David Johnson(LB) Gerald Turner(LB growing into a DL) Devin Washington(DE)....where will these guys end up? Washington has been out a Looong time with with a concussion..is that normal? never heard of one lasting this long...Will Johnson stay at LB or will he out grow it? I see Turner eventually being a DT...thoughts?
Old 10-09-2013, 02:06 AM   #2
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Johnson..Turner..Washington..?

Washington will R/S and will contribute next year. I'm predicting him to crack the two deep. Turner will most likely start out as a DE. If he gets any bigger, then he'll most likely move over to DT. Johnson's case is weird. He's way too big to play LB. Seems a little short to play DE, he could play DT, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him move on to FB. You never know what the coaching staff will do.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #3
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

All three are at DE right now I believe. Washington had a concussion ontop of a concussion which is why he has been out so long. Turner got his ankle stepped on early in fall practice apparently it was almost broken. Last I heard he was back practicing. Johnson started off at linebacker and then made the switch to DE late Fall.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #4
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 200
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
All three are at DE right now I believe. Washington had a concussion ontop of a concussion which is why he has been out so long. Turner got his ankle stepped on early in fall practice apparently it was almost broken. Last I heard he was back practicing. Johnson started off at linebacker and then made the switch to DE late Fall.

That's not good. I think Johnson is going to be a very good DE for us. And he's at least 6' 3".

When you plant shit-seeds. You get shit-weeds.
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #5
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Washington will definitely be on the two-deep next year.

I think Gerald Turner could be a lot like Melvin Ingram...big guy but can play inside and outside.

Johnson to me is a wildcard. A vicious hitter who looked good on film at LB and DE.
I wouldn't say he is too big to play LB (Reggie Bowens was 265) but I think his lateral quickness isn't there for LB play.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #6
B&GSpur
Blue Chip

Male

B&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
Washington will R/S and will contribute next year. I'm predicting him to crack the two deep. Turner will most likely start out as a DE. If he gets any bigger, then he'll most likely move over to DT. Johnson's case is weird. He's way too big to play LB. Seems a little short to play DE, he could play DT, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him move on to FB. You never know what the coaching staff will do.
Do we really need another FB. The one we have, who doesn't see the field that much, is doing a job that the HBC said warranted a scholarship.
B&GSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #7
Taco Tuesday
Recruit

Male

Taco Tuesday has feathers coming inTaco Tuesday has feathers coming in

I like Washington's upside a lot...hope the concussions don't effect him over the next few years. I've always heard after one concussion it's easier to get more is this true?
Taco Tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #8
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

Didn't I see Wahington dressed out Saturday? Seems if he were still unable to play that he would not have dressed out
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #9
dieselcock
Blue Chip

Male

dieselcock has feathers coming indieselcock has feathers coming indieselcock has feathers coming in

Yeah,I think we could use another Fullback,BUT I would like to see it be more of a H-back/athletic type roll like DiMarco played....I still think Rainey would be a great fit...kid has good hands and we are stacked at TE..Maybe even a guy like Crosby or Blue.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #10
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Think I read a week or two ago that the first one wasn't diagnosed or that he practiced through it, then got his eggs scrambled again. With the better awareness that we now have of the long-term danger of concussions, it does make you wonder if/when he'll be cleared, as I believe he hasn't practiced in close to 6 weeks.
The staff knows football 100x better than me, but I wonder if they would have preferred having Johnson and Turner available at Mike right now, particularly against a team like Arkansas.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote