CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
PageUSC
KaneisAble
QCB
doubledribble
markp_vip
ReadR00ster
Roosterboy
Jmansour333
The Yancey
pitchcock
Busta out indefinite (2216)
SOS says his next st (1828)
Our Defense? (1183)
CBSSports SEC predic (917)
CFN prediction for a (451)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (425)
MMA: Holeve (Down Sy (363)
SEC Football Legend: (361)
Michael Sams done in (360)
Party like it's 1903 (357)
Our Defense?
2016 Thon Marker
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
MMA: Holeve (Down Syndrom
Does South Carolina still
Roll call for Auburn
SC vs Auburn -- Playmaker
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Rest of the season predic
Fight, win, kick a-- addi

Old 10-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Exclamation Cack's Toast Of The Game: Kentucky

Sorry it's taken so long. Work has been booming this week ... which isn't a bad thing. This will be a short and sweet post, just to get it out there.

There were a couple of good individual peformances, but again, there were some really bad ones at times as well.

THIS WEEK'S CACK'S TOAST OF THE GAME ... AGAINST KENTUCKY IS ... JT SURRATT

JT, finished with 6 tackles, but it seemed like every time he was making a tackle it was on a big play. The past few weeks, he's gotten a lot of heat on the QB's and have swallowed up the HBs before they could get to the 2nd level. I expect we'll see a lot more of Surratt on the field in the upcoming weeks.

Honorable Mentions:
Mike Davis: Another 100 yard game, and 2 more TDs. If he doesn't watch out, we may be talking about Mike Davis beating Marcus' TD records.

Connor Shaw: When we needed a big play on Offense, Connor was making a big pass or scrambling for a big pick up on the ground.

Damiere Byrd: I wish he would have gotten the eye surgery a lot earlier in his career, because Damiere has really shown what kind of a weapon he can be when he can see and catch the ball. Another home run ball this week is the proof.

Elliott Fry: To be a Freshman, Fry is extremely reliable. The kicking game was a HUGE concern coming into the season, and I expected it to cost us a game. However, Fry has came in and hit everything he's attempted. He's already knocking down 40 yard field goals, so imagine what he can do if he eats a sandwich?

1st Half Defense: Everyone is being very hard on our Defensive guys, but I don't think it's all justified. We've played very well in the first half the past few weeks, but once teams have made adjustments we've started to fall a bit. If this group can take what they do in the first half and build on it. I think we'll start to see improvements.

EVERYONE RAISE YOUR GLASS ... HERE'S TO YOU JT SURRATT

Week 1 - Offensive Line
Week 2 - Mike Davis
Week 3 - The Receivers
Week 4 - Mike Davis
Week 5 - JT Surratt

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #2
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 461300
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cack's Toast Of The Game: Kentucky

good post
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Surratt did have a great game. I feel Quarles should have at least gotten an honorable mention. The defensive line as a whole played pretty well.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #4
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

I have to add to this a big plus 1 and toast to everyone who came to Cacks tailgate!

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #5
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
Surratt did have a great game. I feel Quarles should have at least gotten an honorable mention. The defensive line as a whole played pretty well.
I almost did Quarles for the last honorable mention, but wanted to give the defense as a whole one. Felt they've played a lot better, at times, than people are giving them credit for.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
I almost did Quarles for the last honorable mention, but wanted to give the defense as a whole one. Felt they've played a lot better, at times, than people are giving them credit for.
I think this applies to the season in general where the DL is concerned. I think people convinced themselves the DL would tally a handful of sacks in every game and double-digit TFL.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #7
McLovin
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
McLovin is developing his combMcLovin is developing his combMcLovin is developing his combMcLovin is developing his combMcLovin is developing his combMcLovin is developing his combMcLovin is developing his combMcLovin is developing his comb
Send a message via AIM to McLovin

Assuming Clowney comes back 100%, all we need is ONE guy like Surratt, Sutton, or Quarles to show up on the line. All these plays running away from JD will get blown up and I have a feeling all of these defensive woes will correct themselves.

Here's to you JT!
Old 10-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #8
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
I think this applies to the season in general where the DL is concerned. I think people convinced themselves the DL would tally a handful of sacks in every game and double-digit TFL.

If you look at last year ... our Dline should be beasting.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #9
Yearofthegamecock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
Yearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot material

First toast to the defense! I hope we see more of these

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
Yearofthegamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #10
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

As for making the field goal breaking 23 weeks!
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #11
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Assuming Clowney comes back 100%, all we need is ONE guy like Surratt, Sutton, or Quarles to show up on the line. All these plays running away from JD will get blown up and I have a feeling all of these defensive woes will correct themselves.

Here's to you JT!
Agreed, Hopefully this trend of getting better and geling continues, and the D unit is in beastmode during the last stretch of games.
rioninusc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #12
tgobbel
Semper Fi

Male

Location: From Greenville, SC Now I live in, Southern Indiana
CockyCash: 200
tgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudly

Well done JT! Thanks Cack! Nice post!
'Life is one big road, with lots of signs, so when you're ridin' through the ruts, don't ya complicate your mind, flee from hate, mischief, and jealousy, don't bury your dreams, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live.'
--RNM

tgobbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #13
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime843 View Post
As for making the field goal breaking 23 weeks!

Huh

Old 10-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #14
bgallup
Blue Chip

Male

2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 2nd place 
CockyCash: 6230
bgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPit
Send a message via Yahoo to bgallup

Cack... He did have a good game but how do you give it to a player on Defense?? They couldn't stop a cold in the 2nd half.