CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
The Yancey
ConwayGamecock
Sandstorm29
Gamecocks1137
Cocks N Stuff
Travelin
aftertwobowls
Cockypantherfan
CoverTwo
cockybreeyan
The U ends apparel d (1129)
Marquavius Lewis (858)
Wilds & Carson B (839)
How Long Will The Re (594)
2015 - Jeremiah Dins (389)
Restaurant musts in (372)
Brad Lawing USC / Fl (303)
S & F article on (285)
Spurrier Says " (226)
JC Shurburtt was jus (142)
Holiday Desserts
Restaurant musts in NYC
The Vent and Coaching cha
2015 - Jeremiah Dinson -
Marquavius Lewis
Wilds & Carson Back f
2015 Signee - Darin Small
2015 - Mark Fields
How Long Will The Rebuild
Bowl Tickets On Sale Now

Old 10-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #1
bcgibson75
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
bcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPit
Default Spurrier/Carolina vs. Arky

Well, this is the last go around with Arky as our permanent cross divisional rival from the West. Carolina's new permanent slot falls to A&M beginning in 2014.

SOS...and USC since joining the SEC, has taken it on the chin from the Hogs over the years.

One loss (2011) eventually kept us out of the SECCG. Another propelled their RB McFadden into the Heisman race (2007). And, oh yes...the '99 beatdown in Little Rock were we had like 180 total yards...unfortunately that was the norm during that year.

However, last year's win was a fun game...Swearinger's redemption/pick-6 after the bogus penalty. And the '05 win in Fayetteville kept the SEC win streak going and an outside chance at the East during SOS's first year.

However, this yearly matchup has NOT been good to the Gamecocks. Here are the ugly numbers.

USC all-time vs Arky: 8-13
USC @ Arky (both venues): 2-8
USC (SOS years) vs Arky: 3-5

Every year I say the same thing about this game >> We have to take care of business vs Arky for a chance to beat Florida for the SEC East. Well, the schedule got turned around last year and this season when we face Arky & Florida.

However, Sat is a road SEC game. If we have any chance of getting to Atlanta...our Defense had better put on their big-boy britches, and bring it. Shaw needs to show us he can beat a decent SEC team on the road as well (no costly turnovers, please).

Good riddance, Arky...and here's hoping SOS & Co. wrap up this annual series in style.

GO COCKS!!
Old 10-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
superstar90
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5000
superstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his comb
Default Re: Spurrier/Carolina vs. Arky

It Was A Loss To Auburn That Kept Us Out In 2011, But Otherwise yeah We Struggle W Them.
superstar90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
rioninusc
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar90 View Post
It Was A Loss To Auburn That Kept Us Out In 2011, But Otherwise yeah We Struggle W Them.
Either game with a W would of put USC in the SECCG.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
bcgibson75
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
bcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPit

Quote:
To be clear, we lost to Auburn in early October 2011. At that point, both Carolina & UGA had 1 loss in the East...and Carolina had the head to head tiebreaker with UGA.

So when we lost in Fayetteville in early November 2011...that 2nd SEC loss kept us out of Atlanta when UGA won out that year.

GO COCKS!!
Old 10-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #5
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Quote:
Chode?
Old 10-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #6
superstar90
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5000
superstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Chode?
Naw, some reason when I use my phone to type on cockytalk, it does that. I can't fix it.

Btw,
If you want to get technical about which loss cost us the east that year, compare Auburn vs Ark that year and where we played each team. Now tell me which game was the biggest screw up & cost us the east. Which game should we have won without a doubt?
superstar90 is offline   Reply With Quote