CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
A. Pilgrim
U-Dub Gamecock
Outland
gadeneer1986
Lonnie
B-G
doubledribble
Jim Lahey
Why is everyone anti (2152)
How did we not make (1173)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Busta out indefinite (1116)
Just thought of some (1048)
Miss St. defense (993)
SOS says his next st (829)
Let us clarify some (740)
Is Clowney back toni (680)
Our Road Upset Wins (668)
To ANYONE complaining abo
Michael Sams done in Dall
No easy road for our offe
Busta out indefinitely.
Our Road Upset Wins
Does South Carolina still
Rest of the season predic
Miss St. defense
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Why is everyone anticipat

Old 10-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #1
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default Penn State upsets Michigan

What a win for Penn State.
If there is a team that needed something to cheer about after having a coaching staff and administration put a black mark on the university, history and program, the Nittany Lions came out and beat Michigan in overtime.

From experience, we can say Penn State, you beat a quality program.

Congrats to Penn State!

Byt the way...UTAH BEAT STANFORD!!!
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Penn State upsets Michigan

4 OTs, good game. Still hope Stanford can step up and stop Oregon again, but the ducks might be in the NCG this year.

Last edited by GoldenSpur7; 10-12-2013 at 10:16 PM.
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #3
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Makes our UCF game look a little better.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:39 PM   #4
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Penn State upsets Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSpur7 View Post
4 OTs, good game. Still hope Stanford can step up and stop Oregon again, but the ducks might be in the NCG this year.
Nooooo. God forbid Clemson wins out. They'll be in the NC.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:08 PM   #5
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Fun gmae

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:55 PM   #6
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

NCAA should have killed that program, the fact they are winning is the only way they can give the middle finger to the NCAA because the sanctions were supposed to cripple it instead they are winning. I still hope they get destroyed by every team who plays them.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:57 PM   #7
Rewster
Blue Chip

Male

Rewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPit

I think Oregon will win the BCSNC this year.

Barring something crazy like a loss.
Rewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:57 PM   #8
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

after what happened to Penn St last year, this may be the greatest coaching job in the history of college football.....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:24 AM   #9
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Nooooo. God forbid Clemson wins out. They'll be in the NC.
They're going to get thumped by FSU next week, says me.
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:32 AM   #10
usc52
Workaholic

Male

usc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via AIM to usc52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
NCAA should have killed that program, the fact they are winning is the only way they can give the middle finger to the NCAA because the sanctions were supposed to cripple it instead they are winning. I still hope they get destroyed by every team who plays them.
I swear every single thing I see you post is negative.. Can you ever be positive?? Why should the kids that are in the program now suffer for something that happened years ago. Get the hell outta here with that mess
usc52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:36 AM   #11
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 225747
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Do you realize nobody who is there now has anything to do with what happened?

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:25 AM   #12
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

that loss for UM just killed OSU's hopes of a NC. OSU doesnt play anyone in the top 15 since UM lost.

That being said. That was a fun game to watch
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #13
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc52 View Post
I swear every single thing I see you post is negative.. Can you ever be positive?? Why should the kids that are in the program now suffer for something that happened years ago. Get the hell outta here with that mess
If you think Penn State should have kept its football program after that football scandal you might want to rethink that, the University, fans, boosters etc continued to yell how unfair it was that NCAA gave them only a 4 year bowl ban when the University protected a child rapist for 14 years, but football was more important. If that is negative so be it because I at least won't lose my humanity for a game.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #14
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Apparently this culture thing only exists at Penn State

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:32 PM   #15
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Just awesome stuff.
Really happy for these kids and coaching staff.

#LukeForMod

Old 10-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #16
usc52
Workaholic

Male

usc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
If you think Penn State should have kept its football program after that football scandal you might want to rethink that, the University, fans, boosters etc continued to yell how unfair it was that NCAA gave them only a 4 year bowl ban when the University protected a child rapist for 14 years, but football was more important. If that is negative so be it because I at least won't lose my humanity for a game.
Ok bro.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #17
GamecockGuardsman
Two Deep

Male

GamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPit

Everyone is going to have some sort of opinion about the whole Penn State deal. First of all, what happened at Penn State did indeed put a black eye on college football. College ADs, coaches, and even the school admin. all had the responsibility of ensuring the protection of these kids. When the NCAA dropped the hammer on Penn State last year, I though it was a fair punishment at first. Then I started to think about the players and students of the university. They had nothing to do with what happened and honestly I felt bad for those kids. Now I am not saying that the program and university shouldn't have been punished because they should have and they did. But to sit here and still wish the program the worst is a little unfair. As one post in this thread stated that the university, boosters, and fans are still crying unfair to the NCAA for the bowl ban. I think this is a normal reaction by these people and I am sure this would be the same reaction if it was South Carolina, Clemson, Ohio State, etc. To that poster, yes it was covered up and yes they put football first but lets remember that it was the leadership that fumbled the ball. Not the football players or the students of Penn State. Football at Penn State is a culture just like it is at USC, Clemson, Ohio State, Bama, UGA, etc. But moving forward, I believe the university is committed to fixing the problem. The scars and pain will never be healed but I think they are doing a great job in moving forward. They have removed any remains of those that hid this act. Again people are going to have different opinion on this subject.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #18
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockGuardsman View Post
Everyone is going to have some sort of opinion about the whole Penn State deal. First of all, what happened at Penn State did indeed put a black eye on college football. College ADs, coaches, and even the school admin. all had the responsibility of ensuring the protection of these kids. When the NCAA dropped the hammer on Penn State last year, I though it was a fair punishment at first. Then I started to think about the players and students of the university. They had nothing to do with what happened and honestly I felt bad for those kids. Now I am not saying that the program and university shouldn't have been punished because they should have and they did. But to sit here and still wish the program the worst is a little unfair. As one post in this thread stated that the university, boosters, and fans are still crying unfair to the NCAA for the bowl ban. I think this is a normal reaction by these people and I am sure this would be the same reaction if it was South Carolina, Clemson, Ohio State, etc. To that poster, yes it was covered up and yes they put football first but lets remember that it was the leadership that fumbled the ball. Not the football players or the students of Penn State. Football at Penn State is a culture just like it is at USC, Clemson, Ohio State, Bama, UGA, etc. But moving forward, I believe the university is committed to fixing the problem. The scars and pain will never be healed but I think they are doing a great job in moving forward. They have removed any remains of those that hid this act. Again people are going to have different opinion on this subject.
My distain for Penn State is because someone in my own family was molested as a child, so yes this whole issue hits home.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #19
usc52
Workaholic

Male

Quote:
Thts exactly how I feel
Old 10-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #20
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Most of this sums it up for me.

#LukeForMod