CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
FurmanCock
b381l
Master Bedroom
JerseyBird
Cockhornleghorn
SanAntonioCock
rabid cock
JaxcockFL
GamecockUltimate
Lalli25
Morris to SMU (6926)
Venables to TAMU? (2685)
Clemson fans (1952)
Vegas line moving on (1893)
Phil Kronblut show (974)
Women's Soccer Elite (829)
End of the aTm / LSU (791)
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (781)
Arkansas... (706)
Have we been favored (620)
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W
Morris to SMU
2014 Class AAAA Playoffs
Arkansas...
Clemson fans
2015 Commitment - Dexter
Phil Kronblut show
Venables to TAMU?
End of the aTm / LSU game
Texans getting frustrated

Old 10-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
spurfan93
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
spurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his comb
Default Looking at Tennessee...

So thought I'd do the same thing I did last week and make a thread 24 hours after the game and look toward our next opponent. It worked last week so I'll do it again and see what happens.

Tennessee team stats:
Rushing Defense: 80th
Passing defense: 78th
Total Defense: 80th (over 415 ypg)

Rushing Offense: 29th
Passing Offense: 111th
Total Offense: 87th

To put it simply our gameplay will most likely look like it did yesterday.

On offense..
As you can see above, teams have their way with running and throwing. Their defensive line is not very good only having 8 sacks combined on the year. I'm pretty confident that with our weapons including the one coming back that we can have another good day on offense.

On defense...
If there was ever a game that clowney was gonna go one on one with a tackle it's this one. This is in my opinion the best offensive line we have faced and will face. They're NFL size and rarely give up sacks and tackles for loss. It will be fun to watch clowney vs Richardson. There's only one game where I've seen Tennessee have success throwing the ball against a decent and that was georgia..and who hasn't against uga.

Overall:
This is a chance for SC to show that they are on a mission and carry over the performance they had last week. I personally think they will. I wouldn't be surprised if UT pulled out some trick plays to try and get something going on offense. But at the end of the day, USC is just better in all phases of the game.

Your thoughts...
Old 10-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
GamecockLawyer
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
GamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot material
Default Re: Looking at Tennessee...

Just looking at more stats for UT. Rajon Neal has 108 carries for a total of 616 yards and 7 TDs. For comparison, Mike Davis has 111 carries for 742 yards and 9 TDs.

We know how good Davis is, and he's got better numbers than Neal, but Neal's numbers aren't that bad. I think stopping him has to be job #1 for our front seven. If Carolina neutralizes Neal, it doesn't look like the UT passing game has the juice to carry the team.
GamecockLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #3
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Defensively, this might be one of the only times this year we'll get a chance to see Clowney one on one for most of the game. Their left tackle is pretty dang good.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #4
Danmcc3
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 800
Danmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talons

I don't think many teams that have played Oregon are going to be top 50 or so in defense
Danmcc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
spurfan93
4-Star

Male

spurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danmcc3 View Post
I don't think many teams that have played Oregon are going to be top 50 or so in defense
While that may be true, they gave up plenty of yards against Western Kentucky and South Alabama. Keep in mind they needed an interception in the end zone to beat south alabama.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #6
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

Neutralize Neal and put pressure on the qb and trust Shaw and our explosive offense and this one belongs to us. GO COCKS!!
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #7
LIGHTPOST
Walk On

Male

LIGHTPOST has hatched from the shell

And we have to STAY HEALTHY! do not want to be like the Dawgs... win the game but get killed with injuries.
LIGHTPOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #8
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Neal is good, he is pretty much all they have though offensively, and I think he is a freshman. They also have Lane but he was injured against UGA, don't know what his status will be this week.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #9
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockLawyer View Post
Just looking at more stats for UT. Rajon Neal has 108 carries for a total of 616 yards and 7 TDs. For comparison, Mike Davis has 111 carries for 742 yards and 9 TDs.

We know how good Davis is, and he's got better numbers than Neal, but Neal's numbers aren't that bad. I think stopping him has to be job #1 for our front seven. If Carolina neutralizes Neal, it doesn't look like the UT passing game has the juice to carry the team.
I absolutely agree and wanted to post something to this effect earlier reading another thread... But I agree if we slow down their run and force Worley to throw, it's over. That has to be our focus defensively.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #10
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Oh and one more thing... Have our fans already forgotten about the UF UT game? The worst thing to happen to football in some time. UT is a turnover machine.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #11
#1TheBeast
Recruit

Male

#1TheBeast has hatched from the shell

If there was one game Clowney knows he will need to be his best on a 1x1 level, this is it. Richardson (LT) made it look easy last year until Clowney won the game. Noon kickoff should help with quieting the 100k fans.

Hoping for another taking care of business attitude game like yesterday and injury free week.

Cocks 38-17
#1TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #12
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1185
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Neal is good, he is pretty much all they have though offensively, and I think he is a freshman. They also have Lane but he was injured against UGA, don't know what his status will be this week.
Neal is actually a senior. You probably don't remember him previously because up until this year he hasn't done much as the starter. They have a weak passing game but North and Pig Howard are threats at receiver who could make big plays if we let them. If we win the turnover battle, we win the game.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #13
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1185
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Oh and one more thing... Have our fans already forgotten about the UF UT game? The worst thing to happen to football in some time. UT is a turnover machine.
I think it's more fair to look at the most recent game at home--against UGA.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #14
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Our linebackers and spur still have to grow up and show up. If they watch film at all, they attack our linebackers with slants and short stuff to TE and RB's. I wouldn't be surprised to see some counters, some play action, and outside screens if their OL is really good and mobile at all.
Goofyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #15
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

I don't want to take anything away from Neal, but he did get about 400 of his yards in three games against Austin Pea, W. Ky, and South Alabama.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #16
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

We should be ok as long as we stay focus.
cocky0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:47 PM   #17
doccock
Super Doc

Male

doccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Rajon Neal is a senior.
doc
Old 10-13-2013, 08:47 PM   #18
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Tennessee may be exactly what our young guys need to learn assignments. I expect early run success for both teams with us pulling away in the third
Old 10-13-2013, 08:56 PM   #19
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
I think it's more fair to look at the most recent game at home--against UGA.
I think it's more fair to look at both and all the other games they've played this year too. They're bad.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:09 PM   #20
roosterdave
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1234
roosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockLawyer View Post

Obviously can't overlook the guy, but we also went up against the sec's leading rusher in Collins this week and that worked out very well. If We stop the run and force them to pass we will win this game in the same fashion. We might not put up 50+ but we win, convincingly.