CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Regalcock
Cockypantherfan
ACPhilson
PageUSC
The Yancey
KaneisAble
gadeneer1986
taylorssc
SCohioBoy
HBC Weekly Presser (2106)
Thompson Has Neck In (1508)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (1065)
4th & 1 Play (934)
Kentucky prediction (637)
Just Booked my Hotel (546)
So What? (478)
Bad Week For Upstate (354)
Jeopardy: USC and th (275)
Travis Bell's Photos (222)
Just Booked my Hotel for
What fish do you eat
Cleaned up version: SEC E
Best position coach or co
2016 - Tavien Feaster
Kentucky prediction
State talent drying up
Really excited to visit t
QB Recruiting Strategy
Zone Read Analysis w/ 201

Old 10-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #1
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit
Default Student Shot in Five Points

I saw it on another site, but I am unsure about the rules linking threads from pay sites. The poster on that site asked for prayers for the friend's daughter, an innocent bystander.
An arrest was made.

http://www.wistv.com/story/23679418/...points-shooing
carolinacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material
Default Re: Student Shot in Five Points

A friend of mine was robbed at gunpoint last night in Charleston as well
Old 10-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Prayers sent.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #4
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
A friend of mine was robbed at gunpoint last night in Charleston as well
Where? I would not walk down a lot of streets in Charleston at night.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #5
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

She is critical condition, and only 18 yrs old. She needs our prayers.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #6
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinacoast View Post
Where? I would not walk down a lot of streets in Charleston at night.
Not sure where he lives, but it is downtown
Old 10-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #7
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Not sure where he lives, but it is downtown

College of Charleston is downtown, and a lot of hs kids hang out there, and yes, there is a lot of crime targeting students and tourists down there.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #8
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Two friends and myself were at Cookout in 5 points a few months back at about midnight, sitting outside eating our food. This group of guys where just walking around the place, and every time they would walk slower and slower as they passed us. I told my friends it was time to go, they laughed about me being paranoid over nothing, later that night some people were robbed by a group of guys near there.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:26 PM   #9
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

And some people will still try to claim that underage drinking is the issue...
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #10
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

I will be glad when my goddaughter quits being the skinny white girl bouncer at Grilled Teriyaki.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #11
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
And some people will still try to claim that underage drinking is the issue...
At this point and time, that may be the least important issue. But until the city of Columbia is willing to truly admit the level of gang activity that happens, nothing will change.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #12
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

That is terrible. Prayers are sent.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:40 PM   #13
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

From my experience down there, the police are more worried about people being under aged drunk and or public drunk then they are of any real threat. "Hey lets lock up John over here because he's had too much to drink, you know we've got to meet our quota for tonight." but yet they let the pistol toting thug shoot up the place. Seems legit huh?
Old 10-13-2013, 11:21 PM   #14
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material

You will really see headlines if anything happens to my brother there.
Think "Next of Kin".
Old 10-13-2013, 11:51 PM   #15
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
From my experience down there, the police are more worried about people being under aged drunk and or public drunk then they are of any real threat. "Hey lets lock up John over here because he's had too much to drink, you know we've got to meet our quota for tonight." but yet they let the pistol toting thug shoot up the place. Seems legit huh?
Yep, because that's a money maker for the city. The 19 year old student who gets arrested/ticketed for drinking will call mom and dad to post bond and pay all their fines in a timely fashion. The drugged out homeless person or ghetto hoodrat roaming the streets end up costing the city money to keep them in jail when they can't pay their fines. (Of course I'm generalizing here but you get what I'm saying)
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:17 AM   #16
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

ipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPit

Expect an escalated police presence in the area next weekend... busting into bars and arresting patrons for underage drinking.

The audacity it takes for city leaders to claim that Columbia doesn't have a gang problem is staggering.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #17
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Student Shot in Five Points

Something needs to be done about it. This is going on every school year. Maybe they should make it 21 & up like most of the vista, you don't see them problems there as much. I know they'd lose customers but hell house parties are more fun anyway.

Also, I'm expecting to see Mayor Benjamin try and make a big to do about this issue just in time for reelection, just 22 days away.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #18
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

I of course feel bad for the victim, but why the hell do you walk around 5 Points at 2:30 am? You know this stuff happens, why are you putting yourself there?
Old 10-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #19
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
No it doesn't "seem legit" and illustrates that you know absolutely nothing about

- the policy
- the reason why the policy was enacted

If you're going to turn this into a "the cops aren't doing their job by busting drunks" thread then at least know a small amount of what specifically is going on down there. You might want to see why business owners in Five Points have pressured the police to create a "family atmosphere"/Vista atmosphere down there for years by using get-tough tactics to "clean up the place", which if you understand broken windows theory means arresting everyone for even minute offenses.

If you disagree with what Five Points business owners have consistently pressured the police to do, then take your business to the Vista.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #20
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
I of course feel bad for the victim, but why the hell do you walk around 5 Points at 2:30 am? You know this stuff happens, why are you putting yourself there?
Well, since bars close at 2 am it's natural to have people in 5 Points on the streets at that time. I remember 5 Points being full of folks at 230 am on Sundays when I was in school, as people made their way back to their cars and to campus.
USCBatgirl21 is online now   Reply With Quote