CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
l^l^lBGCock
WeStillOwnUSC
Badazcock
gamecockgal
Gamecocks1137
Yearofthegamecock
roosterdude21
Order 66
Regalcock
ccured
Boo This Man... (1166)
Gameday in Columbia (973)
**USC vs. Vanderbilt (902)
georgia rewind... (844)
Stadium improvement (686)
Doniyah Cliney to si (619)
Why we'll dominate C (478)
Lammons out (393)
Where to Watch the G (368)
UGA is running over (276)
**USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME
Why is hope solo still pl
Search Snacks
Gameday in Columbia
Stay focus
Stadium improvement idea
Where to Watch the Game i
Name a Gamecock
2016 - Jamie Skalski
Why we'll dominate Clemso


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N
 
Acockolypse Now's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 14,805
CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Acock's Wrap Up: Arkansas

Well, that's better. Nice to see our guys play a full 4 quarters, especially on the road. Any SEC road win is a good one, especially at Arkansas.

OFFENSE
QB:
A

What more do you want from your QB? Connor takes care of the ball, is getting more and more confident with a range of throws, and can kill you with his feet. He's also trusting the pocket more now which is paying off even more.

RB: A
Davis is just flat crushing it. I figured he'd have a good year, but I had no idea that he'd be this good. He can block, he can catch the ball, and he does NOT go down at first contact. He's a complete back. Nice to see Shon get more work this week, he looked a lot more comfortable after getting multiple carries. He also did a nice job blocking, picking up several blitzes on the day.

WR/TE: A
Bruce came back in a big way, and Byrd is finally starting to give us that vertical stretch we need. Defensive coordinators are going to look at this film and go nuts. Byrd was killing the safties deep all afternoon, Bruce kept finding holes in the zone, and our TE's were running free all day. All told 7 different Gamecock WRs and TEs caught passes. Some of that was due to backups getting to play, but most of it was due to Connor spreading the ball so well, our RBs caught 4 passes as well. Great to see Shamier get on the board, his 5 catches were second behind Bruce's 6.

OL: A
I hate that we've now got two starters banged up, but this unit might be the best in Gamecock history. Very consistent and very physical. We still haven't faced a defensive front like LSU or Florida, but they're easily one of the top units in the SEC.

DEFENSE
DL: B

Much better game. Yes, it helps that we played a bad Arkansas team, but their o-line is pretty decent. Fantastic run support by this group this week, nice to see guys shedding blocks and crashing down. Didn't get a ton of pressure on the QB, but never really needed to either.

LB/Spur: C
Played a little better this game, but I still see two LBs headed to the same gap, and our second level run support gets turned around too easy. The TD run in the 1st quarter was just bad technique and people being out of position. Holloman had his best game this week.

CB/S: A
A week after looking like the worse secondary ever, this unit turns it around and holds Arkansas to just 30 yards passing. That's 120 less than what they usually get. Also, turnovers.

SPECIAL TEAMS
Overall: A

It feels so good to write that. Every part of the special teams unit played well...except Ard's out of bounds kick. I bet his leg was sore after this one.

Also: Cooper!

COACHING
Overall:
A

Say what you want but after the Kentucky game we were a fragile team. We had guys blaming each other, mad coaches, and a spat between coaches and a player that went national. Kudos to the coaching staff for getting these guys focused and putting together a solid game plan. Yes, Arkansas is a bad team, but they went toe to toe with Texas A&M and put more yards on Florida at Florida than they did on us at home. With the road stand we're facing we needed to come out and prove we can win on the road.

Mission accomplished.

INTANGIBLES
Overall:
A

We held the ball for over 42 minutes. Let that sink in. In a 60 minute game we held the ball for 42 of them. That's insane. We also managed to force 3 turnovers, something we haven't done a lot this year. Getting the backups quality minutes on the road is really going to pay off, and being able to run Cooper in the wildcat has given defensive coordinators yet another thing to deal with. If we can continue to play like that this year is going to be very, very interesting.

FINAL THOUGHTS

A complete game. Finally. We all knew we were capable of it, we just hadn't seen it yet. Although there's been discontent this season, imagine if the Vandy, UCF, and Kentucky games had similar scores. Well, we were just a play or two away from doing just that.

The opposite can be said as well though, which is why I hate those "one play away" type statements. We're still the same team that we were prior to the Arkansas game, wildly talented and deeply flawed in a few areas. Arkansas is not a good team, but they're better than a lot of teams out there and we beat them like a drum, in their house.

Although one win doesn't fix all your problems, it is comforting to see that this team continues to get better. If we can keep doing that, this very young team can live up to it's promise. Next up we have a dangerous Tennessee team that had a week off to prepare for us, and got a huge shot of confidence from the UGA game last week. Hopefully we'll be a mature team that watches the UT/UGA tape, realizes UT can beat us if we're sloppy, and goes out and takes care of business.

We're back in control of our own destiny. Win out, and we're in Atlanta. It's as simple, and as hard, as that.
__________________
Always remember... stay Feisty.
Acockolypse Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #2
Kuhn
Starter
 
Kuhn's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hometown: Pensacola Beach
Posts: 1,379
CockyCash: 200
Kuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudly
Default Re: Acock's Wrap Up: Arkansas

great writeup. thanks!
Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #3
GH
Moonocababa
 
GH's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 18,776
CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material
Default Re: Acock's Wrap Up: Arkansas

I think the offense ran about 89 plays.
__________________
Yech, I can hear you misspelling words as you speak!
GH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:56 PM   #4
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw
 
Luke Skycocker's Avatar
 
Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North Augusta
Posts: 45,267
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material
Default Re: Acock's Wrap Up: Arkansas

I think special teams is more of a B. They didn't do anything spectacular, but didn't hurt us that much either. One good punt return kinda negates one kick out of bounds, so I'd say that they were average
__________________
Luke Skycocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #5
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone
 
Spurrier_Superior_One's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cola, The Other Gamecock City
Posts: 22,932
CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material
Default Re: Acock's Wrap Up: Arkansas

Arky ran 37 plays the entire game according to the Steve Spurrier Show
__________________
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #6
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American
 
donbgamecock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Charleston
Posts: 11,272
CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Acock's Wrap Up: Arkansas

We got three QBs into the game. Nosovitch has a better rushing average than MD28. LOL but true.
__________________
Go Cocks!
donbgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #7
Smashies_AC30
The Garnet Invasion
 
Smashies_AC30's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 594
CockyCash: 500
Smashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Acock's Wrap Up: Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Arky ran 37 plays the entire game according to the Steve Spurrier Show
I heard this too. They said it may be setting some sort of record. I know that's pretty vague, but just the little I remember.
Smashies_AC30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:30 PM   #8
BrutusJ
Two Deep
 
BrutusJ's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Lexington
Posts: 1,134
CockyCash: 500
BrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudly
Default Re: Acock's Wrap Up: Arkansas

"A" for special teams. I'd go C+ or B- at best.
BrutusJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #9
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N
 
Acockolypse Now's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 14,805
CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: Acock's Wrap Up: Arkansas

Come on guys, I've been flunking special teams all year.

I'm adjusting along a curve. For those guys...it's an A!
__________________
Always remember... stay Feisty.
Acockolypse Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #10
wilbert G willigers
4-Star
 
wilbert G willigers's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Charleston
Posts: 394
CockyCash: 200
wilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurs
Default Re: Acock's Wrap Up: Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Well, that's better. Nice to see our guys play a full 4 quarters, especially on the road. Any SEC road win is a good one, especially at Arkansas.

OFFENSE
QB:
A

What more do you want from your QB? Connor takes care of the ball, is getting more and more confident with a range of throws, and can kill you with his feet. He's also trusting the pocket more now which is paying off even more.

RB: A
Davis is just flat crushing it. I figured he'd have a good year, but I had no idea that he'd be this good. He can block, he can catch the ball, and he does NOT go down at first contact. He's a complete back. Nice to see Shon get more work this week, he looked a lot more comfortable after getting multiple carries. He also did a nice job blocking, picking up several blitzes on the day.

WR/TE: A
Bruce came back in a big way, and Byrd is finally starting to give us that vertical stretch we need. Defensive coordinators are going to look at this film and go nuts. Byrd was killing the safties deep all afternoon, Bruce kept finding holes in the zone, and our TE's were running free all day. All told 7 different Gamecock WRs and TEs caught passes. Some of that was due to backups getting to play, but most of it was due to Connor spreading the ball so well, our RBs caught 4 passes as well. Great to see Shamier get on the board, his 5 catches were second behind Bruce's 6.

OL: A
I hate that we've now got two starters banged up, but this unit might be the best in Gamecock history. Very consistent and very physical. We still haven't faced a defensive front like LSU or Florida, but they're easily one of the top units in the SEC.

DEFENSE
DL: B

Much better game. Yes, it helps that we played a bad Arkansas team, but their o-line is pretty decent. Fantastic run support by this group this week, nice to see guys shedding blocks and crashing down. Didn't get a ton of pressure on the QB, but never really needed to either.

LB/Spur: C
Played a little better this game, but I still see two LBs headed to the same gap, and our second level run support gets turned around too easy. The TD run in the 1st quarter was just bad technique and people being out of position. Holloman had his best game this week.

CB/S: A
A week after looking like the worse secondary ever, this unit turns it around and holds Arkansas to just 30 yards passing. That's 120 less than what they usually get. Also, turnovers.

SPECIAL TEAMS
Overall: A

It feels so good to write that. Every part of the special teams unit played well...except Ard's out of bounds kick. I bet his leg was sore after this one.

Also: Cooper!

COACHING
Overall:
A

Say what you want but after the Kentucky game we were a fragile team. We had guys blaming each other, mad coaches, and a spat between coaches and a player that went national. Kudos to the coaching staff for getting these guys focused and putting together a solid game plan. Yes, Arkansas is a bad team, but they went toe to toe with Texas A&M and put more yards on Florida at Florida than they did on us at home. With the road stand we're facing we needed to come out and prove we can win on the road.

Mission accomplished.

INTANGIBLES
Overall:
A

We held the ball for over 42 minutes. Let that sink in. In a 60 minute game we held the ball for 42 of them. That's insane. We also managed to force 3 turnovers, something we haven't done a lot this year. Getting the backups quality minutes on the road is really going to pay off, and being able to run Cooper in the wildcat has given defensive coordinators yet another thing to deal with. If we can continue to play like that this year is going to be very, very interesting.

FINAL THOUGHTS

A complete game. Finally. We all knew we were capable of it, we just hadn't seen it yet. Although there's been discontent this season, imagine if the Vandy, UCF, and Kentucky games had similar scores. Well, we were just a play or two away from doing just that.

The opposite can be said as well though, which is why I hate those "one play away" type statements. We're still the same team that we were prior to the Arkansas game, wildly talented and deeply flawed in a few areas. Arkansas is not a good team, but they're better than a lot of teams out there and we beat them like a drum, in their house.

Although one win doesn't fix all your problems, it is comforting to see that this team continues to get better. If we can keep doing that, this very young team can live up to it's promise. Next up we have a dangerous Tennessee team that had a week off to prepare for us, and got a huge shot of confidence from the UGA game last week. Hopefully we'll be a mature team that watches the UT/UGA tape, realizes UT can beat us if we're sloppy, and goes out and takes care of business.

We're back in control of our own destiny. Win out, and we're in Atlanta. It's as simple, and as hard, as that.



No we ain't. I wish we were
__________________
wilbert G willigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:53 PM   #11
SirBigSpur
Two Deep
 
SirBigSpur's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 1,053
CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly
Default Re: Acock's Wrap Up: Arkansas

It felt great to hold Ark to 30 yards passing. We played very well
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:23 PM   #12
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC
 
Cockypantherfan's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,058
CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Acock's Wrap Up: Arkansas

I'd like to nominate myself for an honorable mention for cheering loudly and frustrating and upsetting the Arkansas fans.

Nothing was more satisfying than taking over Razorback stadium and cheering loudly and playing our fight song over and over and over.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:43 PM   #13
bhs04
high motor
 
bhs04's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: whitesville
Posts: 594
CockyCash: 500
bhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his comb
Default Re: Acock's Wrap Up: Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbgamecock View Post
We got three QBs into the game. Nosovitch has a better rushing average than MD28. LOL but true.
Actually 4.

I told my buddies that we had 4 qb's throw passes and we only had 3 on the active roster.(cooper threw a pass from the QB position)
__________________

A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS.
bhs04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #14
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13
 
garnet_black215's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 7,724
CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Acock's Wrap Up: Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhs04 View Post
Actually 4.

I told my buddies that we had 4 qb's throw passes and we only had 3 on the active roster.(cooper threw a pass from the QB position)
Nosovitch didn't throw a pass, but we did have four different guys play the QB position.

I was hoping Nosovitch would complete a pass. Would have been interesting to research the last time we had four different players complete a pass in one game.

http://southcarolina.rivals.com/boxs...eam=SOCAROLINA
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:08 PM   #15
MillerTime843
Banned
 
MillerTime843's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Murrells Inlet
Posts: 4,870
CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Acock's Wrap Up: Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbert G willigers View Post
[/b]


No we ain't. I wish we were
And your reasoning for that is?
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:10 PM   #16
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13
 
garnet_black215's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 7,724
CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Acock's Wrap Up: Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime843 View Post
And your reasoning for that is?
If us and UGA both win out, UGA still gets the tie breaker.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:14 PM   #17
tgobbel
Semper Fi
 
tgobbel's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: From Greenville, SC Now I live in, Southern Indiana
Posts: 715
CockyCash: 200
tgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudly
Default Re: Acock's Wrap Up: Arkansas

Great write up!
__________________
'Life is one big road, with lots of signs, so when you're ridin' through the ruts, don't ya complicate your mind, flee from hate, mischief, and jealousy, don't bury your dreams, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live.'
--RNM

tgobbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:15 PM   #18
cockattorney2
4-Star
 
cockattorney2's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NE Columbia
Posts: 304
CockyCash: 397
cockattorney2 is developing his combcockattorney2 is developing his combcockattorney2 is developing his combcockattorney2 is developing his combcockattorney2 is developing his combcockattorney2 is developing his combcockattorney2 is developing his combcockattorney2 is developing his combcockattorney2 is developing his combcockattorney2 is developing his comb
Send a message via AIM to cockattorney2
Default Re: Acock's Wrap Up: Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime843 View Post
And your reasoning for that is?
UGa only has one loss. If they win out from here and we do too and it ends up us and UGa tied with one loss apiece, then they get the nod due to head to head.

So, we still need a little help. BUT, first, we have to take care of our own business and see where the chips fall.
cockattorney2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:54 PM   #19
i29gman
Blue Chip
 
i29gman's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mount Pleasant, SC
Posts: 750
CockyCash: 500
i29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his comb
Default Re: Acock's Wrap Up: Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockattorney2 View Post
UGa only has one loss. If they win out from here and we do too and it ends up us and UGa tied with one loss apiece, then they get the nod due to head to head.

So, we still need a little help. BUT, first, we have to take care of our own business and see where the chips fall.
What if we beat MO and they win every other game? GA, MO and us would all have 1 loss with GA having the tiebreaker over us, MO having the tiebreaker over GA, and us having the tiebreaker over MO. That would be an interesting mess.
i29gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:07 AM   #20
eatlighting
2nd Team All-SEC
 
eatlighting's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Savannah River Valley
Posts: 2,930
CockyCash: 500
eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material
Default Re: Acock's Wrap Up: Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by i29gman View Post
What if we beat MO and they win every other game? GA, MO and us would all have 1 loss with GA having the tiebreaker over us, MO having the tiebreaker over GA, and us having the tiebreaker over MO. That would be an interesting mess.
Tie would still go to UGA as dumb as it is.

Pretty sure we still need them to lose one more, but let's say Vandy sneaks up and steals one from them in Nashvegas next week. Then, we would once again control our destiny 100%. If UGA drops even one more SEC game and we win out, we will be in ATL.

I'm convinced that if we win out, we will be there. UGA will take care of their part when they go face War Eagle and/or UF.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development