CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Aggie96
Master Bedroom
spareparts
johnnyb
SuperCockMaster
CoverTwo
Handsome_Dabo
The Yancey
thekob
I have not bought in (1707)
JD & DJ Getting (1678)
Article on Shaw & (1395)
SEC East QB's Ranked (1168)
and the #1 2014 acc (1156)
I'm thinking we're g (957)
The bane of our seas (824)
As things currently (725)
WR Depth Chart/Rotat (471)
Ward wants us to pla (398)
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
WR Depth Chart/Rotation
2014-15 Premier League se
Ward wants us to play fas
If you don't think our co
OBC banner being added to
The bane of our season
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Really excited to visit t
As things currently stand

Old 10-14-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
scman
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
scman is learning to peck
Default Article on East Scenarios

This will all probably change this weekend, but here is a pretty decent breakdown of East scenarios from CFNews.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1335826.html
scman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
Tony
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 350
Tony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Article on East Scenarios

Way too many scenarios, season only half over. If we play a complete game against UT and Mizzou, I think we will be in the driver's seat heading into the home stretch.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

So if SC beats Mizzou and Mizzou, GA, and SC win out, there will be a 3 way tie and the team with the highest BCS rank goes. Definitely interesting.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #4
mpilot0705
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 498700
mpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to mpilot0705

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
So if SC beats Mizzou and Mizzou, GA, and SC win out, there will be a 3 way tie and the team with the highest BCS rank goes. Definitely interesting.
In a three way tie the highest rank goes if the 2nd ranked isn't within 5 spots...if they are within 5 spots those teams go to a head to head tiebreaker.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #5
CackDiesel
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 47813
CackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPit

I think we have to be five spots ahead of Georgia in the BCS don't we?

CackDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #6
Cock-Tail Time
Just Beat Clemson!

Male

Cock-Tail Time is making other chickens nervousCock-Tail Time is making other chickens nervousCock-Tail Time is making other chickens nervousCock-Tail Time is making other chickens nervousCock-Tail Time is making other chickens nervousCock-Tail Time is making other chickens nervousCock-Tail Time is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
So if it works out this way, the Clemson game almost becomes a conference game. We would still need to beat them to remain ranked ahead of UGa & Mizzou. I've always said that us, Ga & Fl have extra pressure with the rivalry games being out if conference and at the end of the season. Oh well, just more incentive to beat CU.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #7
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock-Tail Time View Post
So if it works out this way, the Clemson game almost becomes a conference game. We would still need to beat them to remain ranked ahead of UGa & Mizzou. I've always said that us, Ga & Fl have extra pressure with the rivalry games being out if conference and at the end of the season. Oh well, just more incentive to beat CU.
If that's the case we would need Clemson to win out up till our game and we would have to win out or hope that GA loses once more.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #8
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Just look at it this way. Georgia needs to lose another conference game somewhere. I think Mizzou will lose 2, as well as UF. We don't want it back to just us and Georgia as 1 loss teams.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #9
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

Fails to mention a 4 way tie with 2 losses
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #10
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

Best scenario for us is:
FLA beats Mizzou
We Beat Mizzou
FLA beats GA
We Beat FLA
Old 10-14-2013, 02:40 PM   #11
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Just posted this on main board, but Florida's starting RB is out for rest of season with a knee injury.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #12
CockyinVA
Recruit

Male

CockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervous

I am just trying to imagine what the atmosphere will be like in Williams Brice for the Florida and Clemson games should the 3 way tie scenario play out. Clemson especially. If both teams stay undefeated until then, it will be a top 5 matchup most likely. We could knock them from the National title race, and they could knock us out of the SEC title race (and by default out of the national title hunt). My goodness. WB will quaketh!
CockyinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #13
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

I am just not buying into this idea that we need Clemson to be good to help us out. I think there is about a 5% chance of that happening.

If we win out we will be 7-1 in SEC. I have no idea who is going to beat who along the way because it is very difficult to predict individual games. But I do predict that if we stay undefeated things will work out to where we are in Atlanta.

Especially considering us staying undefeated means that Florida and Mizzou would have to have one loss (to us).

So I predict that 7-1 gets us to Atlanta and that everything else would work itself out.

I just don't think 7-1 gets left out of Atlanta.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #14
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

So.. Which would help us... A Florida or Missouri win?
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #15
USC_21
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1676
USC_21 has developed his gaff and talonsUSC_21 has developed his gaff and talonsUSC_21 has developed his gaff and talonsUSC_21 has developed his gaff and talonsUSC_21 has developed his gaff and talonsUSC_21 has developed his gaff and talonsUSC_21 has developed his gaff and talonsUSC_21 has developed his gaff and talonsUSC_21 has developed his gaff and talonsUSC_21 has developed his gaff and talonsUSC_21 has developed his gaff and talons

A Florida win
USC_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #16
CockyinVA
Recruit

Male

CockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
So.. Which would help us... A Florida or Missouri win?
It all depends on how it plays out. There are scenarios where a Florida win is helpful and others where a Mizzou win is helpful. We just need to worry about winning our games, and everything will fall into place. I do tend to agree that 7-1 gets us to Atlanta.
CockyinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #17
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

It's really pretty simple. If we win out and UGA gets one more loss we are in.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #18
Gamecock Scott
Blue Chip

Male

2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 3rd Place 
Gamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
Especially considering us staying undefeated means that Florida and Mizzou would have to have one loss (to us).

So I predict that 7-1 gets us to Atlanta and that everything else would work itself out.

I just don't think 7-1 gets left out of Atlanta.

If we stay undefeated, Florida will have at least 2 losses (They lost to LSU and would lose to us). Missouri would have at least one loss (To the Gameocks) and hopefully 2 losses (They play Florida this weekend). We need Florida to beat Georgia in Jacksonville. Hell!!! We need Vandy to beat Georgia this weekend!

Our main thing is to just win out and everything else will take care of itself.
Gamecock Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #19
cockypastor
Exiled in Hogland

Male

cockypastor has earned his spurscockypastor has earned his spurscockypastor has earned his spurscockypastor has earned his spurscockypastor has earned his spurscockypastor has earned his spurs

What all the scenarios seem to be missing is that UGA has to travel to Auburn. With UGA's defense a mess and Auburn coming on, this may be the game that helps the Gamecocks the most. That would be sweet considering how the Auburn loss was basically the one that knocked us out of the SEC title game two years ago.
cockypastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:10 PM   #20
GamecockLawyer
Blue Chip

Male

GamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot material

I'm not 100% convinced that Georgia will lose again. No way they lose to Vandy or Kentucky. That only leaves the Cocktail party and a road game against Auburn.

With the Gator offense in such bad shape, I don't see Florida winning. As for Auburn, I don't really have a feel for Auburn's team, but they haven't really done anything impressive yet. I'll be interested to see how they handle TAMU.

Bottom line, I could see UGA winning out.
GamecockLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote